What's your "Sweet Tooth" solution?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Djac1032
    Djac1032 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly, pink and white wafers and marshmallows.....Milkyway crispy rolls are a nice lil treat hmmmmmmm :D lol
  • stanley12345
    stanley12345 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sugar free chewing gum
  • Smarternow
    Options
    For the first time EVA....... I decided about 3 mths ago to not have any lollies, cakes, ice creams etc..... no treat at all just to see if it made any difference to my health etc AND WOW!! It really does, and to top it off I've been able to lose weight (no kidding when you aren't eating something that you were addicted to like sweets) and I didn't get cravings either. Go figure eh!

Always in the past when I've tried to lose weight, I've always let myself have a small treat each day, but I always wanted more and sometimes couldn't stop myself. This time around I haven't missed it. So maybe for me, that's the trick for my "Sweet Tooth" solution, just to avoid it altogether!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I have a raging sweet tooth (gummy candies and pastries, mmm) and I like to "indulge" in fruity herbal dessert teas from DavidsTea. My favourites are Forever Nuts - smells JUST like apple pie, no kidding! and Pink Flamingo - yummy grapefruit candies. I add a bit of honey or stevia and it's like 0-20 calorie dessert in a cup.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, splenda and pineapple... or a banana, ice, almond milk, splenda with or without pb2 smoothie...soooo good! sometimes I will just reconstitute chocolate pb2 with splenda and water or mix it in fat free cool whip, tastes like a reeses cup!! yummooo! :)
  • Lawnbfrench
    Options
    Hartleys Cranberry and Raspberry Jelly is my weakness - LUCKILY its only 10 calories a pot :-) Happy days x
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Fat free hot chocolate for 20 calories with a dollop of whipped cream on top, which is another 15 (or an additional 30 if you're generous with it.) Also Kellog's fiber bars are very sweet and chocolatey and give you 35% of your daily fiber, as well.
  • cmyk529
    cmyk529 Posts: 13
    Options
    A cup of Hot Chocolate with a touch of low-cal sweetener (90cal) Or if I play my cards right, a Galaxy Bubbles Chocolate bar (176cal)

I also found 66cal chocolate ice cream lollys at sainsburys for 50p Satisfies my ice cream/sweet craving.
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with no oil. Add Splenda or similar and ground cinnamon. Lots of crunch and nibbly value and little calories.
  • LadyPriest
    Options
    My solution has been by taking Snack Defense, a Herbalife Product. It really helps the sweet urges!
  • kaksikissaa
    kaksikissaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for pop, but I found a brand of flavored sparkling water that I love (H2Oh!). Pop it into the freezer for an hour and you have a tasty slushy!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Dip a strawberry into some greek yogurt and sprinkle with light brown sugar. Sounds weird but TOTALLY hits the spot!
  • tdots1andonly
    tdots1andonly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I buy the fiber one 90 calorie choclate bars. They are good and give me my chocolate satisfaction.
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    A home made protein cup cake (low fat, carb and sugarfree), or a cup of coffee with a teaspoon of honey (decaf and organic coffee in my case) :happy:
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses everyone! The discussion is clearly achieving the goal to share great ideas and I'll certainly be referring back to this post and writing things down that sound good to me. Hope more people add their solutions as this is quite enlightening!

As to the comments about some of you who would not be unable to have a jar full of gummy bears in plain sight. I suspect that each of us has a few "absolute favorite" sweets that if sitting in plain site would be our downfall. I for one have no problem with the gummy bears but if it was a jar of Reese's mini peanut butter cups I would be gaining daily asI just can't stop eating the damn things once I start. I'd like to think that since I haven't had any since I started this diet I would have better control but why risk it? :tongue:
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    BUMP