What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am eating leftovers from last night. Turkey chili. And it's very tasty!

I'm go to http://skinnyms.com for recipes. There is some YUMMY stuff in there and it's super easy too!
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to cook this on Saturday. I'll double the chicken for a higher protein ratio. Finally something to use my lemon grass bush for! yay!
    Spicy Thai Coconut Soup

I have been gathering ingredients for the past few days and plan to make this tonight:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-thai-coconut-chicken-soup-50400000118583/
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made stuffed portobello mushrooms (stuffed with spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese b/c I ran out of feta) and home made baked sweet potato fries. Super yummy and filling.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Beef/barley/veggie soup with Hawaiian rolls.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    2 whole wheat tortillas. ~~~ Put one in frying pan, placed shredded cheese, white turkey meat, salsa, and place the other tortilla on top. warm/fry. Cut with pizza cutter. enjoy!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    wow people here are so good with cooking - i don't cook a thing.

I had

2 ricepaper rolls filled with salmon and avocado
    2 ricepaper rolls filled with sashimi tuna and avocado
    2 rice paper rolls filled with shrimp, lettuce, carrot cucumber crabstick and avadcao

Doesn't sound like much there but I'm stuffed!
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The label on my spaghetti squash had the instructions:
    Cut in quarters, lengthwise
    Scoop out seeds
    Place face down in a caserole dish with 3/4 cp water
    Back for 40 minutes at 350*
    Boil in a pot of water for 20 minutes
    Separate squash "strings" with a fork.

I cut out all pastas for now because they are all so high in carbs. This was delicious. I could eat it every day.
    How do you make the spaghetti squash? I have wanted to try it but don't know how.
    i just cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. put it (cut side down) in a 9x19 pan..add some water, cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes - depending on how big it is.

See, I dont even use water... this comes up so moist for me without a hitch!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Last night was Spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce. Plus a huge spinach salad with chicken breast for protein. The meal was yummy and fabulously healthy. I was actually frustrated at how low cal it was. I was below my target for the day. See my food diary for details.

Tonight is left over baked salmon, green beans, and brown rice.

I made spaghetti squash last night, but instead of topping it with marinara, I sauteed some onion and garlic in olive oil and added a can of fire roasted tomatoes and mixed all that with the squash...then topped that with sliced olives and feta cheese. YUM! I have a hard time meeting calorie goals when I eat the squash too...very filling but VERY low calorie!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Not sure it was "dinner" as I eat throughout the day a few times... but I had half a baked sweet potato, half an avocado, half a granny smith apple, some cottage cheese and a small slice of pecan pie I made a couple days ago.

Probably going to cook collard greens my Dad gave me from his garden in a few minutes...

And then I'll probably have a small hot fudge sundae later tonight :-) I'm craving a dessert...
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    ceviche spring rolls! cant wait!

oooh recipe please!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Chili size
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    A massive plate full of plain steamed broccoli and a side of lean ground turkey with green chili sauce/salsa.

401770_10150613462483833_637923832_11158867_759290853_n.jpg
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Yesterday I made Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole. Huge hit! I want it again tonight but ds hates the same meals back to back.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html

me, too! husband was skeptical but we both loved it. will definitely make that again

tonight is pasta with a lowfat chicken alfredo sauce and a salad.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Thai Mango Salad (Serves 4)

2 green mangoes, sliced and julienned
    1 large red pepper, julienned
    1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro

Dressing (whisk together the following - use half and store half for later)
    2 Tbsp lime juice
    4 tsp fish sauce
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil
    1 tsp chili garlic sauce (spicy!)

Very light and sooo tasty! Can serve it sprinkled with some chopped cashews or peanuts too. Enjoy!

We served it with homemade fresh spring rolls, peanut dipping sauce and some roasted brussel sprouts and it was crazy filling and delicious! :bigsmile:
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    Wow!!!!!
    Planning on making Pho so Ill be doing alot of julienned vegetables, I have fresh chicken stock thawing out right now, Ill be using shirataki angel-hair noodles instead of rice noodles, tons of bean-sprouts, fresh Thai basil, my szechuan chili peppers are ready and lots of fresh green cilantro...Will be doing chicken, squid and shrimp...
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    OMG!!! Wooow!
    Thai Mango Salad (Serves 4)

2 green mangoes, sliced and julienned
    1 large red pepper, julienned
    1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro

Dressing (whisk together the following - use half and store half for later)
    2 Tbsp lime juice
    4 tsp fish sauce
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil
    1 tsp chili garlic sauce (spicy!)

Very light and sooo tasty! Can serve it sprinkled with some chopped cashews or peanuts too. Enjoy!

We served it with homemade fresh spring rolls, peanut dipping sauce and some roasted brussel sprouts and it was crazy filling and delicious! :bigsmile:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    shake...protein, frozen berries, almond milk and spinach leaves =)
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Fat Free Refried Beans with a packet of taco bell mild sauce and some mozzarella cheese. After my cardio work out I'll have a soymilk & chocolate protein shake.
  • ctp7311
    Options
    we made delicious pizzas from cooking light!
    it was reallllly yummy!!! and satisfying!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-onion-potato-goat-cheese-pizza-10000001932637/

ENJOY!