What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• has001
    has001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had one 4 oz portion of boneless skinless grilled chicken and a small side of spaghetti with red sauce and a big salad with just a little Romano Basil Vinegarette.......I was watching the BIggest Loser the other night and a great suggestion came on about pasta; Have a lean protein as your main dish and eat pasta as a small side dish and load your plate with plenty of veges...I thought it worked well for me!
  • angie_wow
    angie_wow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Subway Turkey and Black forest ham on wheat most veggies + cheese + light mayo. :happy:
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Balsamic glazed cracked pepper salmon and spring mix lettuce with Calorie Wise Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut. I had an off day. =(
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken and Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan!

Mmmm mmmm MMMMMMM! So good!! :9
  • losingtwentyin2012
    Options
    I'm over my calories soo diet coke -___-
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    Boring tonight. A sweet potato. I am still so freaking full from lunch and it is the only thing that sounds good.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Can of pot roast with veggie soup (160 cal), grilled cheese (140 cal) , serving of baked potato chips (110 cal) and a serving of baby carrots (35 cal).

Winter arrived tonight (its 20 degrees and snowing) and I wanted comfort food. I am warm, satisfied and ready to go snuggle under a flannel blanket with the kitties!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner...Main dish is grilled & marinated honey ginger chicken breast strips garnished with mandarin oranges and fresh grilled pineapple. Our main dish will be placed over a bed of long grain and wild rice. Sides are steamed fresh spiced carrots and grilled fresh asparagus sprinkled with olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt & pepper. Very filling, and only 542 Calories =)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ceviche spring rolls! cant wait!

oooh recipe please!

I am not good at writing recipes...so forgive me

Ceviche Spring Rolls (I only cook for myself so my recipes are pretty much single serve but everything can be doubled/tripled)
    makes 4 spring rolls

for ceviche
    4 oz tilapia
    1 tomatoe
    1/2 onion
    1/2 bushel of cilantro
    2 jalepenos
    3-4 limes
    lots of salt to taste (only bad thing about this recipe :(

for spring rolls
    4 sheets of rice paper
    1 cup of bean sprouts
    1/2 a cucumber julienned (sp)
    1/2 a carrot julienned (sp)
    1/2 avacado

For the ceviche you just marinate your tilapia in the lime juice and salt overnight. Then dice all the ingredients for the ceviche (tomatoe, onions, jalepenos, cilantro)...a trick to control spiciness is completly devien the jalepenos and take out seeds, the degree of spiciness will be based on how many seeds you leave in. After your tilapia has been marinated overnight drain out all of the lime juice and mix in the pico de gallo (that is what tomatoes, jalepenos, onions and cilantro is called when mixed :wink: )

Then you soak each rice paper in a bowl of warm water until they are soft. You fill them up with all the goodies an roll up. I like to wait about 10 minutes for them to "set" before I eat them. The rolling takes practice, and you gotta put your stuff in the paper neatly so it comes out looking like a roll and not a torpedo or busted up burrito...lol

below is a video I found on youtube with the technique for the spring rolls...hope you enjoy :drinker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eagMFOKtD8o

oh yea last thing most spring rolls call for rice vermicelli but i dont like it or need the extra calories but it is something you could add....
  • xprincessxjanetx
    Options
    I am having skinless chicken bread with roasted vegetables (green pepper, red pepper and onion) and cous cous
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Erm... I'm cooking for my kids tonight so look away if you are dieting... :S

Szechuan Soup
    BBQ pork spare ribs
    Sate prawns
    Beef chow mein
    Melon balls in champagne (alcohol free sparkling wine to be precise)

Popcorn for the movie afterwards/
  • amywils77
    amywils77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Pork Loin........(made with homemade cranberry sauce and french dressing in the slow cooker)
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    I'm having people over for dinner tonight so I'm making roast chicken, roast potatoes, chicken gravy, stuffing, cauliflower cheese, and steamed broccoli. With lots of red wine!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight: Breakfast!

2 fried eggs
    1 cup homemade baked potato wedges (left over from last night's dinner) fried in same pan as eggs to save oil (or butter...haven't decided yet)
    Cherry tomatoes
    Small fruit smoothie
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    From Tesco (for those UK folks)

5 Finest* Sundried Tomato and Garlic Beef Meatballs
    200g Cauliflower Cheese
    250g Pak Choi
    125g Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
    1 Glass of Red Wine.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Today was a workout day!
  • Candida1983
    Options
    Cheesy chicken spinach pasta bake. =) My friend gave me the recipe yesterday while I was on the phone at the grocery store getting the ingredients. I'm going to make it today and freeze the leftovers for lunches for the next week or so. :bigsmile:
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ham Quiche:
    Leftover Ham,
    a **** ton of veggies
    pie shell
    8 eggs
    a splash of milk
    lots of spices
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Spanish chicken and rice, cooked last night and the leftovers were even more delicious tonight.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19671/spanish+chicken+and+rice

We used 1kg of chicken thighs (skinless/boneless) and added some extra veggies and a can of cannellini beans and left out (forgot!) the olives. This made 6 generous serves and came out around 420 cals per serve.