My Plateau Nutrition Story, Learn from my mistakes.

Options

Replies

• runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the article. I have been dieting for 2 weeks now and have gained 1#. I never eat my exercise calories back and my net calorie total at the end of the day is usually about 600. Starting today, I'm going to eat my exercise calories and and eat my 1200 recommended. I sooooo hope this works for me! I don't exercise as much as you do!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETELY agree! I found out that my "high" based on MFP is actually 115 cals lower than what my LOWEST should be. I am supposed to be consuming around 1631 and eating back any cals I burn! WHOA!!!

I have been sleeping so much and SO fatigued! My poor body!! I was unconsciously starving myself!!
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    same thing happened to me!!! I am walking proof this guy knows what he is talking about!!!
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excellent Post!
  • michiganmama33
    Options
    Just starting out so I'm so glad to get such good advice. Thank you for taking the time out to share.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Great post. I think I'll check out the book you mentioned as well as come back to review some of your other calculations. Plateaus are a huge discouragement.
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    Great post! I had a very similar problem and resolution. I had become so active that the deficit I was eating at to lose became a problem. I had to increase my daily calorie intake by 25% which scared the living daylights out of me after working so hard to lose 80 lbs but after a couple weeks, the weight started coming off again and more importantly I feel better.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • halhix
    halhix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Excellent read! You have me rethinking what I have been doing. I'm still stuck on the shakes as I have some foods that I am intolerant to (chicken and turkey). Go figure!

11810586.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • chaineyart
    Options
    bump!
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    this is great!! thank you for posting i just did all the calculations and mfp says i should be doing 1200 cal but doing your math i should be having 1555.6 (cutting my 25% out).

is there a way to change that in mfp so when i post in my journal every day its not saying i'm eating OVER my calories?? LOL
  • peaceinside
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am trying to get that in my head and have even seen it happen this week. But still have a hard time doing it daily! I will read and re-read your post and look for that book too.
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    this is great!! thank you for posting i just did all the calculations and mfp says i should be doing 1200 cal but doing your math i should be having 1555.6 (cutting my 25% out).

is there a way to change that in mfp so when i post in my journal every day its not saying i'm eating OVER my calories?? LOL

Go to goals, change goals, and manually change yours to fit your recommended fat/protein/carbs/calorie intake!
  • renlewis170
    renlewis170 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump - great post!
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great post, I always try to eat back my burned calories (even though it is hard to eat so much sometimes) but it seems like many people don't realize how important it is!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat. :flowerforyou:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post and all the personal account stories. I'm currently stalled and having a hard time negotiating it. I upped my calories 2-3 weeks back and actually gained 3-4 pounds. !!!! This freaked me so I dropped off my calories again this week. Did I just not give my body enough time to adjust to the increased calories? I believe I was still eating healthful foods and the extra weight is not from increasing my calories by eating crap food. But I just don't know. I just got a HRM this past week so I can log my calories more accurately. If I don't start seeing a change soon I'll probably buy a food scale so I can confirm that my perception of portions isn't way off. Plus, I think I'll go ahead and download Tom Venuto's e-book. I've heard good things about it in the past but I think I'm just now ready to listen.