Have you ever met any famous people/ celebrities?

Options
I've met Julie Hesmondhalgh who plays hayley in the tv soap Coronation Street,

and i've also met Ronan Keating from the band Boyzone :)

The one person i would loooove to meet would be Pauley Perrette who plays Abbie Scuito in the series N..C.I.S :)

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I've shook hands with Brett Favre (while he was still in college), Coach Mike Ditka (after his arena football team won Arena Bowl 10), and Ray Guy (he stopped by my tailgate and I also fixed him a beer). I also went to church with Bill and Hillary Clinton (while he was President).
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

The one person i would loooove to meet would be Pauley Perrette who plays Abbie Scuito in the series N..C.I.S :)
    Ronan Keating? I thought this topic was about what celebrities people had met. :tongue:

p.s. Does talking to Shawn Crahan (Clown from Slipknot) on the phone count?
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options

Ronan Keating? I thought this topic was about what celebrities people had met. :tongue:

Haha cheek!! oh thats cool, how did you end up talking to him on the phone?
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I met Benny Hill when I was about 2 years old.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    if there was anyone I could have a coffee with, it would DEFINITELY be MADONNA! can't wait to see her interview on Graham Norton (friday night in the UK). Oh and Bradley Cooper...for quite different reasons!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have cooked mathew kelly his dinner :):smokin:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Haha cheek!! oh thats cool, how did you end up talking to him on the phone?
    Last year when he was launching another band as a side-project, he was phoning everybody that preordered the album.

It was unbelievable. He started by thanking me for supporting his new project. We then talked about where I was from and what my job is. He talked about his family. It was more like having a conversation with an old friend rather than a celebrity. I've heard from other people that got a phone call and each conversation was different.

He really is a true artist that appreciates his fans.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I met the Sultan of Brunei in his palace. I was on a school trip (I lived there) and he took us around his home (he is now in a new palace)

Also met and talked to most of the current drivers in Formula 1 (not Schumacher though).

I was in Magic Castle Hotel in Hollywood once and got chatting to a guy by the pool who turned out to be English and he'd gone to the same University as me (York). Turned out he was an actor and he was in a TV series called Battlestar Galactica. I didnt watch TV, so didnt know him, but he was heading to the Emmy's that night and invited me to join him and the cast. I had a great night and met loads of stars - none of which I knew!!!! Apparently there were the cast from Buffy, Angel, Lost, Oceans 13 and loads more. I recognised the Ocean's 13 stars, Pink, Jean Claude Van Damme and Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) but no one else. Will just say that James Callis (the guy by the pool) was a really, really nice guy with a good heart. It was nice meeting him.

Met a few other people, but those are the main times I think.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Can't really top going to the Emmy's but in my 35 years I have met

Keith Harris - Without Orville and Cuddles
    Paul Daniels and Debbie Mcgee
    Wendy richards (Pauline from Eastenders)
    Rebecca de Morney (Hand that rocks the Cradle)
    Beyonce (She was on her way to the billboards)
    Justin Fletcher (Mr Tumble)
    Ann Charlston (Madge from Eastenders)
    The Hoff (As per my profile picture)
  • jankleberry
    Options
    Oh! how did you meet Mr Tumble? lol my daughter would be jealous!!

Ive met

Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) twice! hehe
    Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship)
    Travie McCoy
    David Mitchell
    and all members of the band Mindless Self Indulgence.

Oh and I have a picture of me at one of my kiddie birthday parties with Davie Sneddon. Im not even 100% sure who he is but maybe some scottish people among you might!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I know Hugh Douglas went to school with him since 4th grade.

I have met a lot of the Cleveland Indians past and present while looking for Cliff Lee I ran into Jake Westbrook I have to say his one of the kindest men I have ever met.
  • allen319
    Options
    Many years ago I spent a day with Tai Bavilonia, the Olympic figure skater from years ago. Most of you probably are too young to remember her. I hired her as a speaker for a fund raiser. Having sone numerous press conferences and newspaper pieces, I have been in a position to meet and/or talk to some local news and sports figurss.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Woody Harrelson - one of my sorority sisters hooked up with him! LOL He was at a bar in our college town.

Chris Tucker - oddly enough, at Target. He was shopping for CDs.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have met Drew Barrymore (she was with Tom Green at the time, but really who cares about him??), Jerry O'Connell and Alan Thicke.
  • LauravonD
    Options
    November 2010: Kat von D (LAink) ! :)

June 2010 and May 2011: (Miami ink) Chris Núñez
    Chris Garver
    Darren Brass
    Yoji Harada
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I met Hodgins (TJ Tyne) from Bones.

I was at my old job one day, minding my own business, animating some characters for tv. When I hear my boss' voice and someone else. I turn my head and there he is, in his beautiful glory. I asked my boss, "WHY IS HERE? HOW DO YOU KNOW HIM. ZOMG."

Turns out he's my boss' brother!!! I flipped out. I am a huge fan of Hodgins from Bones. My boss was like, "Want me to introduce you?" And I'm like, "Yeah!" So he did and he's more beautiful in real life. I can't remember what I said, but I remember I stammered A LOT. And he just stood there really patiently and kindly. I was so embarrassed but it was hands down the second best thing that happened at that job.
  • AndyP80
    AndyP80 Posts: 21
    Options
    Met a couple of the guys from miami ink whilst in Thailand and also Howards Marks (Mr Nice) loads of times as he owns a little bar we used to drink in!!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I know Andrew W.K. (musician and host of Cartoon Network's Destroy, Build, Destroy)

And I know there's someone else I've met but can't think of right now...
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've met Greenday. Well, I've seen their butts............ My friends mom was the manager of the venue they were performing at and they thought it would be hilarious to moon everyone that went backstage.....Does that count as meeting someone?
  • jmalt83
    jmalt83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    snoop dog!