Have you ever met any famous people/ celebrities?

Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    As a kid, my parents used to throw dinner parties. Once or twice, my Dad's friend showed up with his date... who turned out to be Loretta Devine ( She played in, 'Waiting to Exhale', 'For Colored Girls'... a bunch of different movies. Also, she's voice acted in some shows and movies). I was about 5 or 6 when I met her, and don't remember too much about her since kids were forced to stay in the back room while the adults did their thing.

No one probably remembers this guy, but as a child, I got the chance to meet the man who played 'Grady' on the show Sanford & Son...Again.. I was young.
  • jillus500
    Options
    My neighbour used to have Sean Connery come and visit sometimes and we would see him walking outside.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    My neighbour used to have Sean Connery come and visit sometimes and we would see him walking outside.

I love sean connery!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    tim tebow ...he was in 12th grade and i was in 9th at Nease high school in jacksonville florida...funny story me and my friends were talking in the hallway and i tripped like an idiot and tebow was right there n he picked up my pencil n my notebook....i have the notebook and pencil to this day....im such a nerd...-_-
  • JustLena75
    Options
    I got to have lunch with Ossie Davis. Awesome!!!! Also met Antonio Fargas, Yolanda King (daughter of MLK, now deceased), Atallah Shabazz (daughter of Malcolm X), and got to hang out in BB King's dressing room after going to show. James Reynolds (Abe Carver on Days of Our Lives), and the rap group Onyx. KC and JoJo (they were WASTED, and NOT on chocolate).
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i would say the most famous are bill and hillary clinton at private parties i was at.. then of course most politicians in nys from the governor seat on down... met jennifer flowers too -- the infamous affair with bill clinton and had a drink and stogie with her.. peter falk .. i babysat his daughter back in the old days ...rick james ... tons of buffalo bills players ...ahhh yes and tom petty ..norm from cheers --i cant remember his real name
  • mrslizalusherlock
    Options
    i've met a lot of celebrities. my job deals with them a lot. I've met Jason Lee from mallrats and 'my name is earl', partied with rob dyrdek from rob & big, met drama from rob & big, trishelle from the las vegas season of the real world, stevie wonder (when i was younger) and a ton of professional skateboarders and snowboarders.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    i would say the most famous are bill and hillary clinton at private parties i was at.. then of course most politicians in nys from the governor seat on down... met jennifer flowers too -- the infamous affair with bill clinton and had a drink and stogie with her.. peter falk .. i babysat his daughter back in the old days ...rick james ... tons of buffalo bills players ...ahhh yes and tom petty ..norm from cheers --i cant remember his real name

Norm is George Wendt.
    Signed,
    A Nerd that is Showing Her Age...
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've only met a bunch of smaller bands, some of them bigger than others, but nothing stands out terribly. Bands like Underoath, Spill Canvas, Motion City Soundtrack dudes, RX Bandits, etc.

The only time I have ever really felt star struck was when I met Tomahawk Tassels who is an amazing burlesque dancer! She was the sweetest thing and so kind. I was just melting inside.

Other than that I can only hope that camping out at the usual bar Josh Hartnett attends will prove worthwhile someday.

That and hopefully meet Prince randomly (he lives nearby).

And I am dreaming that someday I will be able to squish Zooey until her beautiful blue eyes pop out, well not that hard, but close.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    oh yeah - the entire 1998 detroit red wings team.

i used to live with 3 roommates who all worked at a bar and they were huge red wings fans. i was the only one who got up to work early in the morning and it was like 3am and i heard a ridiculous amount of noise coming from the basement. I stormed down there - not even wearing any pants - and found myself admist a crapload of huge russian guys.

Cool!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I met Shaun T :) I worked out with him too!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I met Mandy Moore, Joey McIntyre(NKOTB) and O-Town. Met some others too but I can't remember right now. Those are the main ones. Met some figure skaters too when I was younger
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Leonardo Dicaprio
    Keanu Reeves
    Bill Nighy
    Geoffrey Rush
    Michael Gambit (aka Dumbledore)
    Richard Griffiths (aka Uncle Vernon from Harry Potter)
    David Schwimmer
    Lead singer from Treble Charger
    Ray Davies from The Kinks
    David Usher
    Gok Wan, How to Look Good Naked - UK
    Fergie, Duchess of York.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have met Drew Barrymore (she was with Tom Green at the time, but really who cares about him??), Jerry O'Connell and Alan Thicke.

I looove Drew barrymore! where'd you meet her?

I met her at the Vancouver Indy - she was just walking around. I asked for her autograph and she said she would if I didn't mind walking with her. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic since my brother-in-law had taken it to get his picture with cheerleaders. :grumble:
  • jankleberry
    Options
    haha I've been to so many MSI shows that they know who I am. Not sure how to feel about it

aw thats cool, Iv'e only been to three shows and met them once! Love the pics!

since I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment I thought I'd post the pics I got with some other people :) lol

Mat Devine from Kill Hannah
    555431530a5608367694l.jpg

Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship)
    555431530a7745787439l.jpg

aaand.. Pete Wentz
    0b01e2821e6f11e1a87612313804ec91_6.jpg
  • DEBAUD
    DEBAUD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've met the band Staind. All cool peps.
  • achmusic
    Options
    Yes I have probaly either 5 or 6 years ago at a Kenny Chesney concert right before dinner my friend and I drive by the stadium to see what is going on and we see Dierks Bentley who was opening up for kenny that night and we got his autograph. Then if you would ask me what celebrity that I would love to meet I have three on my list Joe from the New kids on the block, Chris young who is a country singer, and Keith Urban,
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    well for anyone who who is in hockey i went to school with Bobby Orr hope some Americans know who he is?

Did you have his autograph? He hates giving out autographs these days because people sell them, so they are really hard to come by.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I meet Alice Cooper! Got my picture taken with him and his autograph.. Made his coffee for him too ..
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    In Ireland, people have this strange begrudging thing where they don't want to give celebs a big ego and so they pretend to be all cool around them :) I've met Bono's wife Ali, Will Smith at the Cannes Film Festival, Michael Stipe from REM in Nice just walking through the street, had dinner beside Brigiette Nielsen; translated for Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains, Greg Germann from Ally McBeal in a pub in Dun Laoghaire, Rolf Harris, Irish president Mary McAleese and I have probably seen more when I lived in the south of France but never could recognise them - when my friend came to visit she recognised Michael Stipe and Brigitte Nielsen on the same day but who knows how many I missed when she wasn't there!