Couples having separate interests and friends

Options
1235»

Replies

• UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    My fiancee and I do a lot of things together, but we also do our own things.

My Fiancee and I met in high school, so we have a lot of mutual friends that we hang out with. I have my own girl friends who I do my own thing with, like girls nights, their birthdays, going out drinking, whatever. My fiancee is completely find with that because he does the same thing with his guy friends, but usually hanging out and playing video games.

I think it's healthy to have different groups of friends. You guys need a chance to miss each other ;)

I would not like it if I never had a chance to hangout with my girlfriends. How do you keep your friendships alive?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is that it is OK for him to go to a party with his friends and get drunk and flirt with girls and get out of control?

My ex wife thought the same thing. Did you get the ex part?

If it involves a party or hanging with the opposite sex your SO should be there.
    And here is a perfect example of insecurity that has no place in a relationship. If you have to wonder about trust, it's time to GO!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the thoughts on this! Really made me think. I do put myself in his shoes and I can understand him being worried as I have done some questionable things when drinking. I wouldn't mind at all if he went out drinking with his friends. As far as this party, it's mostly women and a couple guys. Most are married. And most aren't bringing their spouses/SOs. So that's why I didn't know if I should bring him. The others at the party think it's totally fine to hang out and drink without the spouses. They have said they feel it's healthy and necessary to have separate friends. So I wondered if they are the only ones! And it seems they are in the minority in that dept!

Anyway, he might just drop me off there and pick me up in a couple hours. Or maybe just come with.