Body Frame Size?

Options
13»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Inverted triangle... when I work out really hard I become one... when I don't I can be an hourglass (which is most sought... I guess). You want to create "volume" on the lower half and de-emphasize the upper body... to create a balance. :flowerforyou:

boooooo I'm SO a rectangle :grumble:

No problem... you emphasize your waist and create the illusion of an hourglass.
    Belts, buttoned jackets, etc.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Kerri - Goooo squares! I mean, rectangles!

I am definitely that shape as well.
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    No mater what wrist size I put in it says I'm large framed. I even but in 1 inch and it said large frame. lol
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I always knew I had a large frame size, the elbow breadth is more accurate then the wrist test.

2.5 inches is medium, anything above that number is large

mine is close to three inches
  • Water•Baby
    Options
    I'm really large framed - my wrist is 7", and it's bony. I don't seem to gain weight in my wrist, but I sure do in my ankles! There's a good inch of open space if I do the fingers-around-the-wrist test.

So my "happy weight" is 150.1, which is about 4# higher than my current goal weight. If - WHEN - I get to either weight I will be thrilled! :happy:

FALCON - I have a kitty that looks just like yours. She needs to be with me here doing her own program!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    WaterBaby, my cat has to be with me too and he gets under me when I'm on the ground trying to do situps then he attacks the exertube, he's a silly boy
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My dog does the treadmill after I do

I'm wondering if I should be counting her calories too.
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5' 2'' with a medium body frame according to those tests. But a happy weight of 121 does not look very happy to me at all! =(

Granted, these are broad, generalized tests and everyone is different, but seeing that weight is rather... discouraging. Then again, I've always noticed my height (or lack thereof, hee hee :heart: ) has been the thing to get me 'in trouble' with my weight amount in the past. Another part I don't understand, is when I altered the frame size to large, it didn't up the weight suggested by much. It allowed 6 more lbs.

Are short girls like me just supposed to be skinny? Is it the happy weight I should shoot for as a goal? My goal is 140-135 lbs. or so, and that alone I would do a Snoopy dance for.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    MY happy weight is 6 pounds below my goal weight - good grief

I'm not so happy now :grumble:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    my goal weight puts me still overweight (although at a 22 BMI)
    I'm confused. A 22 BMI is not overweight. 25 to 29.9 is overweight. Is this some other calculator that you are using that is saying you are overweight?

According to statistics, people with BMIs of 22-24 have the best longevity. But anything between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered healthy statistically. Whether it will make you happy is another matter, of course. :)

For me, I don't care so much what my BMI is or what my weight is once I get into the healthy range. I care what size clothes I wear, how I look, and what my body fat percentage is. I want to be a size 6 or lower, look trim in my clothes with no spare tire, and have really low body fat and have muscles like an athlete.

I have no idea what weight that will end up being.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Are short girls like me just supposed to be skinny? Is it the happy weight I should shoot for as a goal? My goal is 140-135 lbs. or so, and that alone I would do a Snoopy dance for.

You don't NEED a goal weight at all. I really don't have one, just a vauge idea of when I will know I am done. For me, thats when I can run up a flight of stairs without getting winded, or can sit down without making sure my shirt is covering all my rollie bits.

I am confident I will know when I've hit 'that point.' It is sometimes hard to gauge for those of us that have never been thin. We have NO IDEA what we are going to look like when we're all done. What helps me sometimes is to look at other people on MFP that looked similar in body size/shape when they started and see where they are now. For me, I find myself glancing through kerrilucko's profile occassionally to modivate myself. :flowerforyou:

Hehe, that sounded a little creepy. :indifferent:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

You don't NEED a goal weight at all. I really don't have one, just a vauge idea of when I will know I am done. For me, thats when I can run up a flight of stairs without getting winded, or can sit down without making sure my shirt is covering all my rollie bits.

I am confident I will know when I've hit 'that point.' It is sometimes hard to gauge for those of us that have never been thin. We have NO IDEA what we are going to look like when we're all done. What helps me sometimes is to look at other people on MFP that looked similar in body size/shape when they started and see where they are now. For me, I find myself glancing through kerrilucko's profile occassionally to modivate myself. :flowerforyou:

:laugh:
    You stalker. :wink:
    For me... any weight lower then where I am at.... is a goal. :laugh:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Nah... Kerri's weight loss has been inspiring for me, too - not only because of its magnitude but because of her healthy attitude! It sounds like you have a very similar perspective on reaching a healthy weight at which you'll be happier. So, keep it up and you will be just as successful! You are well on your way!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options

I've been caught! terrified-026.gif
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Nah... Kerri's weight loss has been inspiring for me, too - not only because of its magnitude but because of her healthy attitude! It sounds like you have a very similar perspective on reaching a healthy weight at which you'll be happier. So, keep it up and you will be just as successful! You are well on your way!

Aww, thank you. :flowerforyou:

She just looks so darn good! :laugh: I can't wait til thats me me me. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I've been caught! terrified-026.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

You are the one that is ultimately going to decide. I'm also 5'2". My first goal was pre-pregnancy weight of 145. My second goal was pre-marriage weight of 135. After realizing that I am a small frame, I will aim for the 125, but I won't be defeated if I don't get there. I mean, this is coming down from a much larger number. As long as I am losing weight, then I am the winner.:flowerforyou:

And no, I don't think short girls are supposed to be skinny automatically. That being said. There is a difference in a small framed person wearing a size 10 and a large framed person wearing the exact same piece of clothing.:laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Aww, thank you. :flowerforyou:

She just looks so darn good! :laugh: I can't wait til thats me me me. :bigsmile: :drinker:

You guys just made my freakin' day :smooched:

And here I was sitting all blobby with my TOM and contemplating baking some ChocChip cookies to cheer myself up. ahhh they will not be needed :flowerforyou: lol
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    So.... I had found a great frame estimator- but I can't remember the reference (book or web):grumble: :explode: - based on wrist circumfrence and height. I am 5'1" with a 6" wrist. This put me with a large frame and a very reasonable goal weight. It was re-assuring to see that I'm not meant to be 100 pounds!!!:drinker: If only I'd known this when I was young.

I don't agree that all short girls are supposed to be "skinny"! Although that's what Hollywood and the fashion industry would like us to believe!!:noway: I want to look strong, fit, and lean.:flowerforyou:

As for using wrist size as an indicator of frame size, may women get fat all over when they are significantly over weight, including wrists, ankles, hands, and feet. So if that's you, just keep that in mind when judging your bone structure!!:smile: