Does anyone else hate being called vuluptuous?

Options

Replies

• Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    I would never use the word if I were thinking it made someone think I was calling them fat. It sure doesn't mean that in my mind. Quite the opposite. I associate it with meaning that you are one hot, curvy and sexy lady.
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow ...sensitive ...

Voluptuous is what many men seek in a woman...

My wife lost a lot of weight but she kept some really nice curves. You can be Voluptuous and not fat... Relax.

I find voluptuous is what men seek in a sex partner. My body always brings the wrong attention and I hate it. That sounds like a stupid complaint but when you want to be taken seriously by a man, it's tough when you look like Jessica Rabbit (minus the ridiculously tiny waist, of course). I'd just like my curves to be a little more under control and a little less obvious.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wow ...sensitive ...

Voluptuous is what many men seek in a woman...

My wife lost a lot of weight but she kept some really nice curves. You can be Voluptuous and not fat... Relax.

Love this :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I would love to be called voluptuous!

a : full of delight or pleasure to the senses : conducive to or arising from sensuous or sensual gratification : luxurious <a voluptuous dance> <voluptuous ornamentation> <a voluptuous wine> b : suggesting sensual pleasure by fullness and beauty of form <voluptuous nudes>
    : given to or spent in enjoyment of luxury, pleasure, or sensual gratifications <a long and voluptuous holiday — Edmund Wilson>

True true. The word is actually a descriptive word of curves, not actually meaning one has them. So, sensual or sexy curves.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I love it! to me it means I have sexy curves and I'm not a stick figure (you know, I have boobs and hips and a butt, not the body of a pre-teen boy.)

DITTO! :happy:
  • Kalani2012
    Options
    I ALWAYS mean it in a good way... In fact, I clicked into this link just to look at the woman who posted it ;)

+1 on clicking the lick to look at the women on the thread.
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It doesn't mean you're overweight... However, this is the true meaning: Voluptuous- full of, characterized by, or ministering to indulgence in luxury, pleasure, and sensuous enjoyment. Vuluptuous, is someone who is NOT obese. But curvy.. you have a waist, hips, bust and thighs. Look at Jessica Rabbit, lol! She's "Voluputous" I take being called vuluptuous, a good thing. I'm glad I got curves... I just want them smaller, lol! ;-)
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I LOVE being called voluptuous. I HATE being called curvy... to me THAT'S the nice way to say your fat.
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used to like it, until my verbally challenged idiot ex referred to me often as "voLUMPtuous". yuck.

bahahahahahahahahahaha! glad he's your ex!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Just asked my Husband what that word means to him, and he answered "Curvy, and sexy as Hell."
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't find it to be a compliment at all and I feel like it's a way of saying I have a fat *kitten*.

I'd rather have a fat *kitten* than a FLAT *kitten* anyday.. My curves are part of who I am.. and thanks to my Spanish and Italian genes, I won't ever have to worry about looking like a little boy when I reach my G.W..

I don't mind my *kitten*, I just don't love the word "voluptuous". My mom is cuban and my dad italian. I won't ever look like a boy either. I just think it's a nice way of saying big.
  • royalstewart13
    Options
    Gee, no has ever called me vuluptuous, they probably just call me fat.:cry:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I think the negativity of the term comes from the fact that it has become synonomous with "fat" in online communities. There are running jokes that highlight this, sketch comedies, even episodes of TV shows. It's part of the social media culture, the joke that if a woman calls HERSELF that, she's really saying fat.

I don't mind other people calling me that, though I do have to check myself sometimes because on bad days, it just makes me feel like they are saying I jiggle. Is it odd that I would classify it as a "jiggly" word?

What I *DO* hate is when I'm referred to as a BBW. I do realize that I am big, beautiful, and a woman, but the term BBW starts with the fact that I'm big. I don't like dealing with chubby chasers or anything like that. BBW just sounds like an insult, like you can't even state the compliment out loud, I just get letters? SCREW THAT!
  • MsMeaghann
    Options
    It all depends on how it's delivered. If its just a straight forward, easy going compliment then fine I take it. But if it's followed by lip smacking, tongue dragging and eyeballing my lady goods then yeah...I'm bothered.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    What I *DO* hate is when I'm referred to as a BBW. I do realize that I am big, beautiful, and a woman, but the term BBW starts with the fact that I'm big. I don't like dealing with chubby chasers or anything like that. BBW just sounds like an insult, like you can't even state the compliment out loud, I just get letters? SCREW THAT!

OMG - that is so much worse! I hate the term BBW. I'd rather be voluptuous any day over that!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL! To me that implies you're breeding material (wide hips, hourglass, big breasted...). Most men love "vuluptuous". Think Scarlett Johansen. Me, I have a tiny frame and am the total opposite. I'm a C-section kinda gal.
  • scs143
    Options
    Breeding material. Child bearing hips. Also things I don't love being called.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love my curves! you can call me vuluptuous any time!
  • scs143
    Options

OMG - that is so much worse! I hate the term BBW. I'd rather be voluptuous any day over that!

I agree. I would take voluptuous over BBW for sure.
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It is not supposed to connote "fat" but for some reason it is turning into that, so it really depends on who says it. I know a lot of men that like me that refer to me that way, and they mean it the best way (my hips and boobs are 10 inches bigger than my waist). However, when my dad says it, my brothers laugh, and i hate that, so it really does depend.