Does anyone else hate being called vuluptuous?

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Kim K does not look anywhere close to a size 12,or plus size for that matter.

voluptuous
    1. relating to, characterized by, or consisting of pleasures of the body or senses; sensual
    2. disposed, devoted, or addicted to sensual indulgence or luxurious pleasures
    3. provocative and sexually alluring, esp through shapeliness or fullness a voluptuous woman

it says shapeliness or fullnes which is both of them
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

voluptuous
    1. relating to, characterized by, or consisting of pleasures of the body or senses; sensual
    3. provocative and sexually alluring, esp through shapeliness or fullness a voluptuous woman

Fullness means fat.
    Haha yes she does! She's no size 6 or 8.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

voluptuous

I don't think she looks plus size either and I always attributed petite to height moreso than body frame.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone call anyone vulumptuous before....that's really weird. I would not like that at all, haha. I mean, I've been told my hair is vulumptuous before- but never my body.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I actually like it. I would rather be voluptuous than skinny any day.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

voluptuous

I don't think she looks plus size either and I always attributed petite to height moreso than body frame.

She's a 12, that's plus size!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    I hate vuluptuous and big boned....complete ignorance of other people. Trying to call me fat in a nice way.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was a great compliment. Better than "fluffy" lol. But I could really care less what my body type is referred to. I am not my body shape.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I hate when people talk about 'curves' and 'curvy girls' too, when it's just a bunch of fat chicks. I'm fat, I'm not curvy. I was curvy and I will be again, though!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    Size 12 is not a plus size, at least not in America. It's FAR from it! Plus size where I buy starts at size 18. Size 12 is actually in the "normal" departments of the stores making it NOT plus size. Maybe where your from it's different, IDK.
  • nakeah
    nakeah Posts: 1
    Options
    Love My Fitness Pal! I've known about it for a few wks now and it keeps me conscious of what and how I'm eating.
    Really getting into fitness and health and I'm enjoying it. I've spread the word to friends and friends of friends and glad to see so many people motivated and dedicated. If you're serious about getting fit add me as a friend! :) #teamfit

Nakeah
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Size 12 is not a plus size, at least not in America. It's FAR from it! Plus size where I buy starts at size 18. Size 12 is actually in the "normal" departments of the stores making it NOT plus size. Maybe where your from it's different, IDK.

Your size 12 is our Size 16, our size 12 is your 8, I think.
    So your size 8 here is a 12 (the 12 that Kim K is) plus size.
    I'm a US 12 & a UK 16, I'm 179lbs, that makes me plus sized.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's just the nice way to say you're overweight.

Would you rather they say you're overweight?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Depends I guess. Size 12 isn't small.

But where do you draw the line of being overweight? Most people's vision of overweight is grossly wrong. Mine was.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I totally hate it. And I also hate when guys tell me that they are more attracted to "big girls" or "thick girls" or whatever other way they try to make it sound better than "fat."
  • cerimariegillett
    cerimariegillett Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love to be called voluptuous....

I never mean it to be a fat thing...
    I think it means curvy in a good way, who doesn't want that
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it since it is a polite way of stating I'm fat and at least the person is nice enough not to be insulting. The word overall has good intention behind it. If someone wanted to they could just straight out call me fat, cow, etc, I'm sure alot of mean things or not even take the time of day to say anything to me at all. Voluptuous is sweet and playful.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    All the double figure sizes are plus sized here, apart from size 10.

If our size 12 is your size 8, I'd really hate to see what your size 18 is... that must be huge & waaaaay over the plus size mark.
  • sassyN1989
    Options
    you size 14 is our 12
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Maybe technically its not labeled a plus size but it depends on your height I would assume. I just know a size 12 is a plus size for me, I'm 5' 1"