tumblr_inline_mwanckMUpE1sndtnr.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    81829-siriusly-srsly-gif-gary-oldman-I2xz.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1000 to 1100 the right calories a day for a female of certain height, and weight is NOT dangerous. STOP generalizing. I am a male 5'7" to lose weight (over 50 lbs, started about 215 now 165) 1260 calories a day and I never felt hungry. It's what you eat and the nutrition you get from it. If you at 1500 calories of doughnuts a day it more dangerous than 1000 calories of nutritious food.

computer-facepalm.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If anybody wants some help with there herbalife products I can help you.
    how is that?
  • MzTeena40
    Options
    I'm not a coach nor have I ever used this product, I'm using good old fashion diet and exercise as my remedy of choice. If you took my post as a "personal attack" toward you maybe you should consider why YOU thought my post was directed toward you.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    It was more a general statement regarding the nature of your post. It wasn't attacking me specifically, since I had yet to post in the thread, but it was clearly pointed at folks who harbor contrary opinions of MLM's and their crap products, as I do. Your post was dripping with irony, so I took you to task over it, as I would anyone else.

Rigger
  • shaylab124
    Options
    Hi. I am doing Herbalife. Started 2 days ago. I am about ready to break down and cry. I am sooooo hungry. I'm doing 2 shakes and 1 meal. My breakfast shake is done with milk and my lunch shake with water. I am so flipping hungry in between. I take the vitamins as well. The tea seems to be too much caffeine for me. Makes my heart beat really fast and gives me the shakes. Someone please help with some advise. I'm ready to throw in the towel already.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am doing Herbalife. Started 2 days ago. I am about ready to break down and cry. I am sooooo hungry. I'm doing 2 shakes and 1 meal. My breakfast shake is done with milk and my lunch shake with water. I am so flipping hungry in between. I take the vitamins as well. The tea seems to be too much caffeine for me. Makes my heart beat really fast and gives me the shakes. Someone please help with some advise. I'm ready to throw in the towel already.
    help?

throw the towel in.
    count calories.
    eat enough. you're hungry because you're not eating enough.

even better:

1. don't trust the initial setup that MFP provides. If you put in the wrong/inaccurate information, it'll tell you to eat an amount that may not be applicable.
    2. Make sure you eat enough.
    3. Figure out what works for you and is sustainable/healthy/long term.
    4. avoid fads. don't buy in to any "Hey, try the twinkie and vodka diet"
    5. Don't cut out anything now that you don't plan on literally giving up forever.
    6. GET A FOOD SCALE. Weigh everything. No, seriously.
    7. Get an HRM with a chest strap. You'll at least have a better idea of what you're burning. It'll be more accurate than the generic info in the exercise database.. and even more than the cardio machines. This is great for steady state cardio (run/walk/etc)
    8. Don't go balls out. You'll burn out. I see 300 lb people show up here, instantly start working out and cutting their intake SEVERELY... trying to cut out all of their carbs at once.. whatever. Take it slow. Figure out how much you need to eat FIRST in order to lose.. then incorporate exercise.
    9. Don't cardio yourself to death.
    10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.
    11. Eat real food. Not diet food. Not "low fat, sugar free, now without X." It's easier to get/find/count.
    12. don't set time restrictions.
    13. measure yourself weekly. Don't just weigh. Measure and take pictures.
    14 BE PATIENT.
    15. Avoid forum topics that have "1200" in the title. It's just full of butthurt. Lots of it.
    16. If you ask a question on the forum, give as much information as you can ("yes, I have a food scale and weigh my food" is worlds better than "I eat a palm full of miscellaneous boiled chicken parts..sometimes.")
    17. Be honest with yourself and honest with us.
    18. This isn't a game, it's about changing your lifestyle. Do that.

pretty much that.

...and don't fall into the "1200 calorie" vertigo of suck because of:

the typical MFP users does this:
    1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Find out what you need: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

and make sure to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

...and here's another approach.

Block off 6 weeks. log EXACTLY what you eat for those six weeks, weigh at the beginning, weight at the end. If you've lost, you're eating under your TDEE. If you haven't lost, congrats.. you found your TDEE, if you've gained... then you're above TDEE.

From there, look at how much you lost or gained and you have a rough estimate of how to shift your intake to balance it out.

Online calculators are great, but they're just estimates. They give you decent ideas for starting points. From there, it's on you to fine tune it.

TL;DR: you don't "buy" weight loss. the shakes aren't a sustainable lifestyle. if you already hate it this much, there;s good reason
  • kay_face87
    Options
    Hello all (new to blogs and so on)
    I have started herbalife ToDAY!
    I see a lot of people saying they are just having 2 shakes and a meal.
    My sister who is my distributor has been doing it ages knows every inch of it and says this is all wrong.
    I've been told to have my morning shake with added weetabix, berries, banana and so on. Then snack healthy snacks in between. Lunch have a shakes and you can add to it. Obviously healthy stuffs. Another healthy snack in the afternoon then dinner.
    After breakfast and my snack im stuffed!
    I don't see how any one is hungry.
    As i said I'm new to it. Not doing it just to loose weight it's to banish my terrible dangerous not eating habit I do.
    I'm dehydrated, bad skin, fatigue and so on.
    Maybe people finding it hard talk to your personal trainer people x
  • chloe1111us
    Options
    I just started Hebalife 5 days ago and I absolutely love the mint chocolate shake.I use it with a cup of lactose free fat free milk for breakfast... then vanilla shake for lunch.. It tastes a bit plane so I add some frozen berries to it and it is yummy... Then about 6pm I have pretty healthy dinner (at least I try ;) . I do snack in between: apple, turkey breast, celery with peanut butter or just plane peanut butter for extra protein. . I do not work out but I plan on starting this week. So far program is tolerable and even though I did not loose weight I feel lighter, healthier & more energetic.. Timber weigh in is in 2 days !!! Yay..
  • pcchrissy1
    pcchrissy1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tried this a couple of times... Girls the first time I did it, I stuck to it too much, hardly ate anything, didn't lose and ended up stuffing my face. next time I ate too much and always gave up on the weekend.. But this last time I'm taking it more seriously and using the calorie counter with it to make sure I am around 1300 calories and more if I do the exercise. It is working a treat this time.. I am 5ft 4 and 174 llbs

Don't sit hungry ! I've been eating eggs, meat, low fat yogurts, fruit and sometimes a bit of small wholemeal bread.

When I stop this diet I don't plan on returning to Pizza's and crisps or mocha's... Be sensible and it will work.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife, spent tons of money, lost some weight, and didn't see any lasting or satisfying results. In the end, for me, it seems like Herbalife would be fine as a supplement, but not a "diet".

Rather than meal replacements, I eat meals..healthy meals..satisfying..filling meals. I do use shakes (my favorite is Bodylogix Chocolate), but only as a supplement to my workout regime. This method, for me, works. I don't feel like I have to stick to it, or have build up my mind to never give up or anything like that..now it's just IS. I don't see my eating habits now as a "diet" (as in a drastic change in eating habits to lose weight), I see it as a diet..just what I eat.

I personally didn't think Herbalife was sustainable..unless I wanted to drink my meals for the rest of my life.
  • azamlynn2000
    azamlynn2000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 2 and half years. The best Nutrition plan ever. With my busy schedule , I have been incorporating the 2 shakes a day, and I do 3 - 4 shakes when I lift weights or do cardio. It is a way of life for me . I have been able to lose 45 pounds and over 70 inches of fat and I have gone from a tight size 18 to a size 10 . I am preparing for a bikini competition in September and the shakes are helping me put on lean muscle while dropping my body fat %. I have already dropped 6% body fat in the last 4 Months just by adding the Herbalife24 line. For more info , go to www.Herbalife24.com .
  • cgreene114
    cgreene114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I had a vanilla shake with banana, strawberries and skim milk this morning. Not bad and I'm not hungry yet. I see about half and half reviews on this blog. Half bashing it and half saying it is wonderful. I am hoping to use this as a jump start to weightloss for me. It is fustrating for me when I have watched what I eat, tracked every calorie and excercised and still lost minimal weight. It looks like the most important thing is to make sure I stick to healthy eating habits and excercise if or when I decide to discontinue with the products. Please friend me if you are a herbalife user and are willing to share shake recipes. Excited to start this new journey!!
  • phillpal
    phillpal Posts: 1
    Options
    Afternoon reading this I wanted to let you know how it was going for me.

I'm 31, and in my early 20s was a professional golfer that suffered a shoulder injury. Still going to the gym 3-4 times a week I was very healthy looking and it wasn't until I spent 5 years on my own company working 20 hour days and getting married that I put on a lot of weight going through 15 stone to nearly 19. Thing is I'm 6ft 3ins so it went on without anyone noticing as it all got spread out, and heavy muscle was replaced with fat! Haven't been able to constantly gym over last 3 years as I always pulled muscles and put myself out of action.

I was eating crap and despite knowing what was needed didn't do anything about it. On turning 31 I decided to pull my finger out and make a change. My friends and I said we need to get ready for the Isle of Wight 24 as a personal lifetime goal in 2 weeks tomorrow. So I gave herbalife a go. I sit at a desk all the time, eat crap and have no energy despite lots of sleep. Bought a fitbit to track my lazy *kitten* and haven't looked back.

I think spending £100+ on milkshakes made me stick to it in the first two weeks but I don't let it rule my life. These sellers advise on nutrition and what we should be eating but they have no qualifications. I had a 4 hour round of golf and she advised to not deviate. I know the amount of calories burned and distance walked and how much extra I would need to stay 'Healthy'

To the credit of herballife, I have the tablets once at lunch with a shake Monday to Friday and a piece of toast for breakfast. I have also cut out all coffee intake as I was having 10 cups a day.

Incorporate that with the extra training I do three times a week of 5miles and over and I have lost some fat, but put on muscle.

I had an argument with the 'seller' as obviously they want to sell me as much as possible and use everything so I buy more.

This is a lifestyle choice, by replacing 2 sausage rolls, a pie and 10 cups of coffee a day with one shake I've shrunk my stomach and now don't need more and can quite happily go without lots of other things at the weekend. Don't let un-qualified nutrionists tell you what you can and can't do so they can sell you everything, incorporate into your day and us it to replace badness. Your body will tell you what you do and don't need.

Just have a listen to ensure it's not your stomach talking ;)

P.s. I've also discovered that the tablets make me very dehydrated forcing me to drink more water which fills me up which makes me think that they have got some thermogenic properties, and fibre so always on the toilet.
  • SFT616
    SFT616 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost weight quickly doing the herbalife diet. BUT gained it all back once I stopped. Its not sustainable and i personally find it pricey to do it in long term. I know people who still have to replace their breakfast with the shake to maintain their weight. I personally can't imagine living this way for the rest of my life..
  • kfabian
    kfabian Posts: 3
    Options

Hey!

No No No! Don't throw in the towel! Do you have a Coach you can talk with? If not, please email me @ TK.HERBAFIT@GMAIL.COM...

I can answer some questions, give you some tips, and clarify some infor for you as well =).

Trust in your products and your meal plan! If you do not have a coach who has given you a meal plan, please contact me =)! You can do this!!!
  • lovettbby
    lovettbby Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing herbal life and I have no clue wat I'm doing. can we combine the meal and proteins mix in 1 shake? And can we combine the aloe and the tea as 1 drink? Can someone help me out?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like that this diet is focused on selling you stuff. If you go off it, you'll probably gain the weight back. It makes you a customer for life! What a great business model. I have no idea how I've lost nearly 30 pounds, considering my body is just chock full of toxins, and I didn't use the product. *sigh* I guess I'll always be an unenlightened one.
  • Leigha_Rose
    Leigha_Rose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I myself am an Herbalife Health coach, and rather than put over the products like an overzealous salesperson, it really is all about finding a plan that works for you. The idea is not to be on shakes every day forever, because that isn't reasonable and it's not sustainable. What I have noticed though, is that the people that gain weight right back after stopping are gaining it back because they go from a nutritionally complete supplement, meant to give your daily routine a nutritional leg-up, back to not practicing portion control and eating less than ideal food. I myself started with the two-shakes plan, and stalled out. I then starting using the shakes strictly as a Pre- and Post-Workout supplement, and made sure each of my meals and snacks were a clean, whole, unprocessed food. It has made all the difference :-) The tea has gotten me off of coffee, the multivitamin and cell activator has done wonders for letting me get the full benefit of the whole program.