Anybody doing the Herbalife diet

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    why punish yourself paying for and doing unsustainable gimmicks when you can effectively eat anything in moderation? Blunt but true.
  • peps1985
    peps1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started the Herbalife plan and am on my 2nd day. Havent felt hungry at all. Having 2 shakes a day, a protein bar, low fat yogurt as snacks and then a healthy dinner. Just wondering if anybody could give me any dinner ideas that are within the calorie allowance?? One thing I have noticed is that i have had a headache since starting the plan (it could be because of caffeine decrease)...has anybody else experienced headaches? Thanks :-)
  • prinita33
    Options
    Hi, I just started a diet similar to herbalife. Its called Nutridiet and is very similar to hearbalife. Today is my 2nd day and I'm feeling great. Glad to know there are other people on heralife
  • pmsherlock
    Options
    I've been on herbalife for over 12 months and lost a fair amount of weight but its not all accountable to Herbalife.

A few things to note:

1) The three day trial is generally just you losing water weight.
    2) As a man on their 2 shakes a day, 2 snacks and a main meal (which I did for easy 5 months) would put you on a very low calorie diet. Some days if I'd had been logging then I'd have been sub 1500 calories a day.
    3) Most coaches are not there to help people but to build 'their business' they don't have a great deal of answers and will repeat things about 'scientifically tested' and how other products aren't as good.
    4) The product is a meal replacement but I would advise you log via myfitnesspal and calorie count / follow your macros
    5) There are other products out there which I think are better value
    6) I have one shake a day or mix it with oats or breakfast cereal. Because I follow my macros I don't believe I will put the weight back on. In fact when travelling I don't have herbalife at all.
    7) The full wellness check can be done with some Tanita body scales, you don't need any qualifications to read those.

In my opinion it gave me a good starting point and I do rate the product but the way they brainwash their distributors and just want to recruit all the time is weakening the brand.

How many unsponsored athletes do you see walking around after or before a sporting event with a herbalife super shaker etc?

In the UK I've been using The Protein Works with their multi vitamin, CLA and protein shakes and I find them better tasting.

If anyone wants to view my diary etc, just add.
  • pmsherlock
    Options
    Sorry, just another point! I've just ready some crazy stats about what some people think they're burning calorie wise in an hour! Get yourselves a heart rate monitor and measure activity that way.

My fitness pal does some crazy exaggerations on calories.
  • crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just started the Herbalife plan and am on my 2nd day. Havent felt hungry at all. Having 2 shakes a day, a protein bar, low fat yogurt as snacks and then a healthy dinner. Just wondering if anybody could give me any dinner ideas that are within the calorie allowance?? One thing I have noticed is that i have had a headache since starting the plan (it could be because of caffeine decrease)...has anybody else experienced headaches? Thanks :-)

i have used Herbalife in the past ... in fact I did start my weight loss out on using herbalife BUT decided to quit wastin money spend that money on more fruits veggies and stuff that was healthy that I could cook at home!! I DID experience headaches BUT found out that I wasnt eating enough! that could also be whats wrong and why you are getting headaches
    how many calories were/are you eating? I will also add that the herbalife tea helped alot with getting away from drinking SOOOO many sodas a day...despite what anyone else says It helped me personally start out on a good track of losing weight....I dont mean just by drinking the shakes ... i mean by the nutrition that you learn about from your "coaches" the challenges you get to do with groups and just being TOTALLY new about this journey and wanting to do it RIGHT, the learning about the nutrition weekly calls and challenges personally helped me :)
    I decided after using it tho for 3 months that I would probably feel better sense of accomplishment If i just did it the RIGHT way - that way being by choosing to eat healthier and workout!! Ive had more sucess and lost more weight doing it the way i am than with herbalife!! MY opinion ... SAVE your money and spend that on eating clean and workout
    as they claim its 80% nutrition 20% workout

best of luck!
  • lwenzloff
    lwenzloff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done Herbalife off and on. It was particularly helpful in the begining for giving me a quick start, which helped nudge me in the right direction and helped to keep my motivation up. I think there is a proper time and place to use the shakes (which is why I still sell them). It also depends on the distributor/member you are working with. Given that, I'm really surprised at the nasty comments on here...enough so that I'll be leaving.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I've done Herbalife off and on. It was particularly helpful in the begining for giving me a quick start, which helped nudge me in the right direction and helped to keep my motivation up. I think there is a proper time and place to use the shakes (which is why I still sell them). It also depends on the distributor/member you are working with. Given that, I'm really surprised at the nasty comments on here...enough so that I'll be leaving.

bye.

one less sales rep to have to report.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Good. Your product is snakeoil.
  • Amygirl381974
    Options
    I about start herbal life any tips on snacks how you drink the shakes and when
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    In for the Herbalife thread from 2012.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    this thread again???!!!