For all the DOG lovers out there~

Options
Contrary03
Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
I HATE DOGS... and ALL animals for that matter... but, especially DOGS. For instance:
Went to visit my mother in law. She has a rather large mut. She asked if i would let him out to do his business. SURE, i replied. I watched as he pissed all over his front paw... and continued on to take a **** as big as a horse... ONLY to step in the big ol' pile of **** on his way back in. To make matters worse, he prances back into the house resuming his thrown ON THE COUCH... where, my dear mother in law offers me to have a seat. REALLY??? I cannot fathom why people allow mammoths in their house, much less on furniture. P.S.~ When she keeps our kids over-night, she expects the kids to welcome HER dog into the bed where they sleep. Now mind you, the hairy buggar is NOT allowed in hers. WHY is this??? Ugggh... thankyou for letting me vent:)

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I had too much milk this morning and vented the office up. I had to open the window.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    <<< I love dogs. :D I REALLY love MY dogs. But, I don't expect anyone else to, so I can understand where you're coming from. I also don't like it when people don't take care of their dogs. We wipe our dogs feet every time they come back into the house with either baby wipes or a bucket o'suds if weather requires. I clean up after my dogs in the yard so that there aren't big piles for them to step in. I obedience train my dogs so that they are well-behaved in public and with others in general... and I've received a lot of compliments about them.

On the other hand, my house is MY house and my dogs are part of my family. While I certainly don't expect anyone coming to my house to make friends with my dogs - or share the couch with them - my opinion is that they need to understand that the dogs live there and they don't. So, if you really can't stand the idea of my dogs being in my house... don't come over. :smile:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    That is a gross dog.
    ^ rude of me to say but not sure how else to phrase it =(

I've had a handful of dogs as pets during my life, and not one of them would step in their own poo / pee on their foot. They were allowed on the couch but never on the bed (just our house rules for them)

it is good to vent :)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Don't hate the poor pup, hate the mother in law for not teaching him right.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    <<< I love dogs. :D I REALLY love MY dogs. But, I don't expect anyone else to, so I can understand where you're coming from. I also don't like it when people don't take care of their dogs. We wipe our dogs feet every time they come back into the house with either baby wipes or a bucket o'suds if weather requires. I clean up after my dogs in the yard so that there aren't big piles for them to step in. I obedience train my dogs so that they are well-behaved in public and with others in general... and I've received a lot of compliments about them.

On the other hand, my house is MY house and my dogs are part of my family. While I certainly don't expect anyone coming to my house to make friends with my dogs - or share the couch with them - my opinion is that they need to understand that the dogs live there and they don't. So, if you really can't stand the idea of my dogs being in my house... don't come over. :smile:

My stance. We don 't have kids, we have dogs. I don't love your kids, you don't have to love my dogs.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    wow..that is harsh. How can anyone not like dogs? They love you uncondtionally, no matter what, are the best listeners, friends, companions ever. I love dogs....and all animals.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs. Both are quite large. Other than when they were very little (puppies), they NEVER step in their own poop nor do they pee on themselves. That being said, their feet are wiped whenever they come into the house. They have been taught how to behave and have rules they must follow.

Let me just say one thing? If you came to my home and complained about my dog in MY home -- well, I would point blank tell you to leave. This is my home (and their home too) and if you don't like it? I don't really give a hoot. Just because YOU don't like dogs and don't want to be around them doesn't mean other people don't like them or want them around.

Dogs are a direct reflection of how they were raised. If they were raised with obedience, manners and such - they will be well mannered, obedient, etc. Animals who misbehave are often the product of a terrible time during their puppy years or a lack of training (our dogs were rescues and had some bad habits when we got them - but we have broken those habits). Lazy people make dogs who aren't well mannered. Don't judge ALL dogs by 1 dog you've met.

I feel sorry for someone who has such an intense dislike of animals. Wow.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Don't hate the poor pup, hate the mother in law for not teaching him right.

I agree.. I used to be a cat person and I've recently been converted thanks to my 65 lb boxer child.

My dog is well behaved and we have worked hard to train her that way. The first year was ROUGH
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    wow..that is harsh. How can anyone not like dogs? They love you uncondtionally, no matter what, are the best listeners, friends, companions ever. I love dogs....and all animals.

^^This.
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For the dog lovers...if you like to read, check out The Art of Racing in the Rain. Fabulous, fabulous story.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My dog is my child. I would kill anyone who tried to hurt him or was unkind to him. In return I keep a tight leash on him in public, and do not let him misbehave when I have company over. However, as someone else stated it is HIS home, not theirs and I expect mutual respect.

But just like humans, not all dogs are lovable, nor are they all disgusting.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    That's hardly the dogs fault, its the owners fault, and why would he be let back in with poo on his paw, that's also not his fault

I agree though I dont expect others to love my dogs like I do, but my house is their house within reason
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options

^^This.

Yup.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Kids smear poop on walls. Just saying, that is pretty gross.

I like dogs far more than I like people.
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    PERFECTLY SAID!!!!!!!!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    And for the OP: I'm curious about something...

Why would you make the title of your post "FOR ALL DOG LOVERS OUT THERE" and then bash and berate dogs? If you don't like dogs, that's your choice. But, I think directing this post to dog lovers is just a little rude. I honestly opened it thinking it was something cute, funny, etc directed towards people who have and love dogs. NOT a dog bashing post.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My question is, why is the title of this "For all the DOG lovers out there"? Why not "For all the DOG haters out there" so you would draw like minded people.

Personally, I think it's amusing that your MIL is good enough to keep your kids with her filthy dog, but her home is disgusting because she allows the dog on the furniture. I guess free babysitting trumps a filthy dog.

BTW, those of us who actually do love dogs don't really care whether you like them or not. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't be welcome in my home anyways.
  • It's not the dog's fault. It's the owner's fault. Dogs are taught how to behave properly, they aren't BORN knowing how WE want them to behave.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    I feel u!!! I CANT STAND DOGS & CATS!!!!!!!!!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My question is, why is the title of this "For all the DOG lovers out there"? Why not "For all the DOG haters out there" so you would draw like minded people.

Personally, I think it's amusing that your MIL is good enough to keep your kids with her filthy dog, but her home is disgusting because she allows the dog on the furniture. I guess free babysitting trumps a filthy dog.

BTW, those of who actually do love dogs don't really care whether you like them or not. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't be welcome in my home anyways.

^^^ THIS is full of win.
This discussion has been closed.