For all the DOG lovers out there~

Options

Replies

• stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My question is, why is the title of this "For all the DOG lovers out there"? Why not "For all the DOG haters out there" so you would draw like minded people.

Personally, I think it's amusing that your MIL is good enough to keep your kids with her filthy dog, but her home is disgusting because she allows the dog on the furniture. I guess free babysitting trumps a filthy dog.

BTW, those of us who actually do love dogs don't really care whether you like them or not. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't be welcome in my home anyways.

TOTALLY AGREE -- are you just looking for a reaction with that title??
    Let me guess, your kids are perfect???? they never drag dirt into the house? never not wipe themselves after going to the bathroom ?

It is the owner, not the dog !!! My two dogs are my children, had them since they were 8 weeks old and they are now 2 yoa -- NEVER had these issues because of the TRAINING they had !!

10344221.png
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    The people who wipe their *kitten* and dont wash their hands is pretty much the same thing as a dog pooping and ACCIDENTALLY stepping in it when a human INTENTIONALLY does that. Its nasty......... Kids are nasty and wipe boogers and **** all over everything.

THIS!! All the way! Do you really think dogs intentionally step in their own mess or pee on themselves on purpose? When mine does, he sits in the tub getting showered down with one of the saddest expression on his face, I really don't think he would "choose" that option.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    And for the OP: I'm curious about something...

Why would you make the title of your post "FOR ALL DOG LOVERS OUT THERE" and then bash and berate dogs? If you don't like dogs, that's your choice. But, I think directing this post to dog lovers is just a little rude. I honestly opened it thinking it was something cute, funny, etc directed towards people who have and love dogs. NOT a dog bashing post.

Yup, all of that. Everyone has the right to their own opinion but the context of this thread is out of line and mean spirited.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

I love my dog and wouldn't give her up for anything in the world. I think there is something wrong with people that hate animals. Dogs bring so much joy into the world. My dog has better manners than most kids I know, and is cleaner too!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love all god's creatures!
  • Picture too big, oh well.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am really confused if there was any purpose to this post besides pissing people off.....I think I have just been trolled!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I like dogs better than I like people. They are a lot nicer.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this entire vent should be directed at your mother-in-law, not her dog.

How a dog behaves has a direct correlation with how its owner trains it. If your MIL lets the dog on the couch and roam as it pleases, and expects other households to treat the dog like a king, that's not the dogs fault. It was trained that its OK to behave that way.

To hate ALL DOGS because of this is naive. To hate that dog specifically is insane.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this entire vent should be directed at your mother-in-law, not her dog.

How a dog behaves has a direct correlation with how its owner trains it. If your MIL lets the dog on the couch and roam as it pleases, and expects other households to treat the dog like a king, that's not the dogs fault. It was trained that its OK to behave that way.

To hate ALL DOGS because of this is naive. To hate that dog specifically is insane.

^^^This! My girl is one of my best friends. She is very well trained and has her own bed and 2 crates in the house, that's where she lays down when she is in the house. I don't let her on the couch or my bed and she knows it! That's because she was TRAINED!
    Don't hate the dog, hate the owner...shhheeesh

And yes, I do believe I've just been trolled too. Anyone who titles a thread as the OP did and then decimates in the opposite direction is trolling, period.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have a dog, who altho slightly excitable when we have visitors is not a badly behaved dog. I clean up after him, he loves his bath and sometimes sleeps on his own blanket at the bottom of our bed. I do warn new friends that we have a dog before they visit that we have a dog, ie; if you don't like it don't come. I also have 2 children. When my daughter was about 6 wks old she took a rather sloppy dump while I was changing her nappy covering me literally in ****. Would you hate her too even tho, like an untrained dog she knew no better?

Get a life!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Huh. If you were telling that to my face I'd have that Eerrrrr? head slanted sideways look that dogs give people sometimes.

Its weird when people don't like dogs. I mean I get when people don't like pets. But to a person who's grown up with them I cannot even imagine. I just had to put my 13 year old baby down the day after Christmas.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Every dog is different, as is every person and if I had to choose between you or ANY dog, it would be the dog. Your attitude stinks.

My own dogs are allowed on to the sofa when invited, but never into the bedroom. They're both clean dogs and have learned to pee and poop in the right places where it's easily cleaned up. They both have regular baths and walk to heel when told to without a lead, but also know 'off you go' as a command that means they can run and do whatever they like.

Problem not in dog.
    Problem in owner.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    How could you not like dogs when you could wake up next to this every morning?

828eda07.jpg

Or this....

th_f950987a.jpg[/URL]
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A dog doesn't walk in his own poop on purpose. And some dogs pee on their paws because of their size/shape/gender. Most dogs would probably rather avoid the mess rather than step in it, and although some of it can be learned or taught not to do it, its hardly a bad behavior. And honestly, if you care that my dog is on the couch, get the feck out the dog has a better attitude and personality than you do.

OP said she let the dog out, saw it happen and let the dog back in. Uh, in my book, the OP should have done something about it. SHE let the dog in with crap on it.

We have baby wipes on hand for when our Pugs accidentally pee on their paws. They dont like it, and I wipe their paws every couple days even if I haven't seen them pee on them. For larger outside dogs, Ive never seen one step in their own poop and I don't wipe their feet. Dogs will usually designate their own "potty" area if they spend any measurable time outside so they have area free of poop.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    <---- (isn't he cute??)

And yet my dog would rescue you if you were drowning....

I like my dog because he has a much better personality (consistently) then what you're demonstrating here.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Wow. The OP sounds like a wonderful person. :huh: I feel as if important brain space has been wasted by reading that post.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For the dog lovers...if you like to read, check out The Art of Racing in the Rain. Fabulous, fabulous story.
    Love, Love, Love this book!
  • twhitney
    twhitney Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I LOVE dogs and sometime wonder those same things about peoples kids. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.