Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    So i won't be the chunky-ist person in the room.

To turn heads again.

I'm very active outdoors...and it's a struggle to carry a full backpack right now.
  • losgan
    losgan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because even though my husband loves me just as much today, I don't want to feel the need to turn off the lights.

9658254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Because i want a man
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    cause this pic made me sick plus i want lots more tattoos and i want them on a hot body my fiance says all the time that Abby on NCIS and Danialle from American Pickers are so hot with all the tattoos i dont want an ugly body to be covered in tattoos so before i get all my plans i want to loose this nasty weight

11-11-11794-1.jpg

My dad always says I remind him of Abby. lol. I don't look like her though. But I've always preferred the "gothic" lifestyle and I want to be able to fit back into the cute clothes I used to wear. Plus I just want to feel better physically. Not so much for other people, i want to lose it for me.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    because I want to be the figure I feel my husband deserves to have on his side. He has never once said anything about my weight (weather big or small) but I have this picture in my head of what I want for him and I want to be THAT girl in the picture because by God I have the personality :)
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    so I can jump on the kids' trampoline
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a fat mess and I'm sick of being constantly uncomfortable and embarrassed by my size! Not being able to wear nice clothes and getting out of breath easily!

I'm disgusted that I've let it go this far :embarassed:

snap-out.gif You're not a fat mess.

:flowerforyou:
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options

My dad always says I remind him of Abby. lol. I don't look like her though. But I've always preferred the "gothic" lifestyle and I want to be able to fit back into the cute clothes I used to wear. Plus I just want to feel better physically. Not so much for other people, i want to lose it for me.

Gothic i dont think was the appeal but the confidence and light skin dark hair and tattoos especially tattoos we are tattoo lovers so this works for me i will get there eventually
  • reckless99
    Options
    Although i do want to have impressive fitness and health, I have to admit...that I really honestly want to lose weight to look hot and feel confident, have a body that people are impressed by and to know that when i wear a t-shirt with jeans or clothes in general that i'm not going to have the unsightly tire ruining every photo. Basically to have a body that i don't have to worry about having a fat day, because i wouldn't look fat anyway :P

Exactly this.
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my reasons are very VERY superficial...
    I want to be able to wear the type of clothes I like AND look good in them, and I REALLY want to look as good with clothes as without them!
    Also, I got a little bit tired of being "the fat friend"...there's so much more in me than fat!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I feel ugly, awkward and uncomfortable and strangers telling me I'm just too fat is a daily occurrence for me. It makes me so sad when strangers tell me I'm blocking doorways and trying on clothes is horrible. My parents are on my back a lot and my mum has been losing weight and I've been losing steadily but not enough apparently. My dad tells me not to bother trying to lose more than 10 kg- and I told him I wasn't born to be fat and he responded with there's no going back now- I'm 25 and I weigh 97kg.

Lately I've been hitting the sales and buying smaller clothes for next year at like 90% off but the sales assistants make a huge fuss about why I don't want to try it on- I've worked in retail before and it's a common practice to ask the customer if they can put it in the fitting room for them - mostly to reduce theft. I pretty much just laugh at them and make a stupid joke. The thing is I'm not as big as some- I'm an AU 16-18- just one size outside of the usual range found in chainstores here (8-16).

I want to lose weight because I feel like crap.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Truly and honestly, I want to lose weight so I can be healthy. I don't feel ugly. I just want to have energy and avoid diabetes if I can.
  • VeggieZi
    VeggieZi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My dad tells me not to bother trying to lose more than 10 kg- and I told him I wasn't born to be fat and he responded with there's no going back now- I'm 25 and I weigh 97kg

Last year I was 25 , and 91kgs. I'm now 73kgs so don't let anyone tell you "there's no going back" :)
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Gothic i dont think was the appeal but the confidence and light skin dark hair and tattoos especially tattoos we are tattoo lovers so this works for me i will get there eventually

I was more referring to Abby and her style of dress. I love it :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for my career. And so that I will feel more attractive.
    It's been demonstrated that fit people are more successful overall.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I wanted to loose wt so I didn`t have diabetes,high blood pressure,strokes or heart attack.
    I want to see my grown children get married and have babies.I want to be a part of life and not sit on the sidelines because I was too fat.
    jane
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my reasons are very VERY superficial...
    I want to be able to wear the type of clothes I like AND look good in them, and I REALLY want to look as good with clothes as without them!
    Also, I got a little bit tired of being "the fat friend"...there's so much more in me than fat!
    That is NOT who we really are.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Because I miss the compliments I used to take for granted. I'm far (very very far) from what anyone would consider gorgeous, but once upon a time people just used to compliment me...tell me I was beautiful, stunning, a goddess (okay, that person may have been a little drunk) whatever. And I think, honestly, that my confidence had more to do with it than anything. Right now, that "hold your head high and strut your stuff" confidence is buried under layers of lard. Lucky for me, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful, but I want ME to think I'm beautiful, too.

The health stuff? Sure. I want (and NEED) to be healthier, but that comes with the territory of losing weight, exercising, etc.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    As Thoreau put it: "I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life."

Hard to do when you feel unhealthy.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I want to compete in a figure competition
    ^^^Me too!!^^^