42 Calorie Cake!

Options

Replies

• karissaismyname
    Options
    Very yummy even though it isn't 42 calories. I calculated typically around 100. Unless you found a cake mix for angel food that is under 140 calories (& yes this is the mix. mix and baked with angel food cake are the same) or any regular cake mix under 160 (mix) I Still though, 100 calories for a yummy snack to help your sweet tooth. Fine by me!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    42 Cals! I bought the mixes just wasn't sure how many cals it was! Now I must have some tomorrow!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Very yummy even though it isn't 42 calories. I calculated typically around 100. Unless you found a cake mix for angel food that is under 140 calories (& yes this is the mix. mix and baked with angel food cake are the same) or any regular cake mix under 160 (mix) I Still though, 100 calories for a yummy snack to help your sweet tooth. Fine by me!

Well then, 100 still sounds good to me!
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachelxanne
    rachelxanne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my sweet tooth is sooo happy i found this <3
  • Lisa19690_1
    Options
    Has anyone tried this in the UK? If yes what mixes did you use?
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Okay I made this with angel food cake and a lemon cake mix. Turned out pretty yummy and moist but............

I scooped out each tbsp and counted how many I would get out of this and I got 24 servings a maybe 2 tbsp leftovers. So when I put 24 servings into the recipe calculator it came out to 137 calories each. Yikes!!! Still less than regular cake and all but almost three times more than the original stated??

How in the world did they get it to 42 calories???
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I made this today with strawberry cake mix and it was AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe! It was easy and soooo yummy. It counted as 77 calories on MFP but I don't care it was amazing!!!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Definite bump! Thank you!!!!
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just tried it with vanilla. It was delish! Not to sweet which is good, I'm trying to cut back on sugar. My teenage boys are very excited about trying different flavors. I'm excited about a snack they can make themselves :)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Holy bumpidibumpbump.....
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bUMP
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Okay I made this with angel food cake and a lemon cake mix. Turned out pretty yummy and moist but............

I scooped out each tbsp and counted how many I would get out of this and I got 24 servings a maybe 2 tbsp leftovers. So when I put 24 servings into the recipe calculator it came out to 137 calories each. Yikes!!! Still less than regular cake and all but almost three times more than the original stated??

How in the world did they get it to 42 calories???

I calculated the exact same thing you did- the only thing I could think of was sugar free cake mixes? Is there even such a thing? I don't recall seeing any at the store. It is good compared to regular cake (I went to pick up a piece from the kroger bakery on my last "cheat day" and it was 750 calories for a single slice!) but definitely a lot more than was reported.
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Okay, when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I bought a angel food cake mix (1680 calories) and a lemon cake mix (1600 calories). That is a total of 3280 calories just for the mixes. It weighed 899 grams (round to 900 for ease of dividing). 3 tablespoons of the mixes weighed 30 grams. That makes 30 servings of mix. Divide 3280 by 30 and it comes to 109 calories per serving.

I have to say, it does taste good!

I tested this a week ago; I guess people don't read through the replies. There are sugar-free cake mixes, but I don't know the calories for them. Maybe if you used a sugar-free mix it MIGHT get it down to the 70-80 calorie range. There is no way it could be 42. Just for the angel food cake mix alone, it would be that many calories.
  • Betty8461
    Betty8461 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK,,,I made this tonight and it is awesome. How incredible is that. My daughter loved it too. I mixed angel food and lemon cake. JUST FABULOUS!!!! THANK YOU!!! :)

You are a genius!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try it
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    SO BUMPING!!!!
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options