Hope for the post pregnancy tummy

Options
124»

Replies

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thankyou once again everyone for your kind words! When I did still have my 'pooch' I saw that somebody else had done a post similar to this. I found it so inspiring, I vowed to one day post one similar! If I lean forward my tummy still 'flops!!' and it's on the squishy side when I sit down!!! But it is SO much smaller than it was!! Still needs toning and I figure I'll be tensing my stomach muscles for the rest of my life!! (because if I don't the pooch starts to re-appear!!) but it's a small price to pay!! Don't give up hope ladies!!!!

And if any other mummies have pictures of their tummies, I know I would love to see them and I'm sure other mummies will be inspired by them :-)
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow u have certainly given me hope! I was huuuuuuuuuge just before having my little girl, extremely stretched out, and never thought I would be able to get it all back again...thank you so much for your post x
  • hugsnkisses1499
    hugsnkisses1499 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great ! well done
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    OH MY GOD THERE IS HOPE!!!!! XXXXXXX
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting these pics- you are my inspiration right now as Im 6 months pp with baby no2!
  • eagle_01
    Options
    You look amazing. Not on pregnant or thinking of it quite yet, but it's really inspiring to see what our bodies are capable of. Commitment really can take you far
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Not only do you look great, but you've also educated me on something I've never heard of. I just looked up diastasis recti photos and it seems that is why my belly looks the way it does! (Well, the separation, not the fat - I did the fat thing myself!)

Great work, OP!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Oh and I also have pretty severe diastasis recti. I actually just went to a surgeon about it last week. It measures about 3 inches but even with it I am happy with my tummy. The only fix for it is plastic surgery and well unfortunately i cannot afford it =(
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just had my second son in September. My first was 10lbs 11.2 oz and my second was 10 lbs 1.4 oz, no I didnt have GD or anything we are all 100% healthy. I am working hard to get off the rest of the fat left from my first pregnancy ( Ive lost all the second time around baby weignt). I really want my tummy back!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing!!! My post-baby tummy is the feature I HATE the most. I always had rock hard tight abs pre-children so I thought that they'd bounce right back. My babies were over 9 lbs as well (I'm only 5'2") and my tummy got stretched bigtime. I have that space between my abs and the OB told me the only way to fix it was surgery. As such, I have considered a tummy tuck because I hate my loose tummy so much. But with your pictures, I realize that perhaps I don't have to go so drastic and do surgery. I'm going to look up those 'diastasis recti' exercises right now. Thank you so much for posting these pictures and giving that information. You have definitely helped me :-)
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! I'm dreading how much saggy skin I'm going to have once I finally get some weight off. Thank you for sharing.
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! Thank you for posting. I wish you did post pictures right after pregnancy, though as the transformation would have been amazing. We're going to start trying for kids soon too and I am terrified of what my body is going to look like after and if I will ever be able to shed the baby weight. I will watch what I eat while pregnant (and after) and do some light exercising, but some people still just "blow up" lol.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look great! (and I think looked wonderful pregnant too!) Thanks for posting, I had a nice stomach back after my daughter and am working on getting it back after my little boys!
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post! I hate my belly more than anything! All of my fat sticks to all that extra skin I have there now. I will have to look up those exercises you mentioned. Even when I suck it in, there's still a little pooch even though I'm not technically "overweight." I hate it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!