For all the MEN lovers out there

Options

Replies

• grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My husband and I struck a deal i kill all the spiders (he can't stand them) and he gets to take care of any and all snakes. I got the short end of that stick.

:laugh:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    In general, men will only be as much of a man as a woman requires him to be. Sure, a woman can change a tire, screw in her own light bulbs, and get herself a step ladder to reach those out-of-reach items; but that isn't the point. Even men need to feel needed. if we don't, chances are we aren't going to stick around very long.

Thanks for the thanks OP. Appreciation and gratitude will get a lot more out of us than nagging and **tching.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

Wow way to be a downer... I think she was simply saying thank you for doing all those things we do not want to do.
    Also i want to say:
    Thank you for supporting us, for giving us lucky mom's the ability to stay home with our kids, and for manning the BBQ to name a few

Exactly what I was thinking! Lighten up!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What a sweet post :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Options
    Low standards much?

Wow,really? Haven't you heard of being grateful for the small things??
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    In general, men will only be as much of a man as a woman requires him to be. Sure, a woman can change a tire, screw in her own light bulbs, and get herself a step ladder to reach those out-of-reach items; but that isn't the point. Even men need to feel needed. if we don't, chances are we aren't going to stick around very long.

Thanks for the thanks OP. Appreciation and gratitude will get a lot more out of us than nagging and **tching.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I agree. I not only want my man but I do "need" him to do those little manly things for me. (I don't have one but just saying when I do lol) I can live w/o one but they're nice to keep around. :heart:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Exactly. Some people just don't get the meaning of this thread. It's meant to be thanking men for the things they do for us.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    You're welcome ;)
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I dedicate this post to my stepdad he's more of a father to me than my REAL one. He does his best to help my mom and I out he even put me on insurance. He does so much and I love him to death! So to all the men out there who treat women and children respectfully thanks. :)
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

I think women are generally more grateful for big things!! :wink: :wink:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Seriously thank you for this. There are so many man bashing threads that go up here. Even in this thread we got about 3 posts in before people started in.

Try this sometime. Keep track of how many tv commercials portray men as stupid creatures who can barely tie their shoes. You know we kind of did put a man on the moon and invent a whole bunch of things..just saying. But you will never see a tv commercial with a stupid woman and her husband rolling his eyes at her. Always the other way around.

I couldn't be happier than to do nice things for the women in my life. It's just even nicer if it gets appreciated. So thank you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Hmmm
  • Laura_Ivy
    Options
    Low standards much?

I think women are generally more grateful for big things!! :wink: :wink:

:laugh:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We get a thanks for taking a shower? You sound like an easy woman to please.

Well some guys think having a bit of a stank on them is sexy and therefore think it's 'ok' not to shower on a daily basis.....so yeah most chicks would definitely consider a guy who showers daily a definite plus :flowerforyou:
  • capaxinfiniti
    Options
    Seriously thank you for this. There are so many man bashing threads that go up here. Even in this thread we got about 3 posts in before people started in.

Try this sometime. Keep track of how many tv commercials portray men as stupid creatures who can barely tie their shoes. You know we kind of did put a man on the moon and invent a whole bunch of things..just saying. But you will never see a tv commercial with a stupid woman and her husband rolling his eyes at her. Always the other way around.

I couldn't be happier than to do nice things for the women in my life. It's just even nicer if it gets appreciated. So thank you.

No THANK YOU :) I always appreciate the little things my bf does for me. And so should any woman! Nice guys are definitely undervalued in the world :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    thanks for coming over and chinging my oil so I dont have to do it myself. Thanks to all my guy friends who are truely more like family. Thanks for helping me move with no more payment than beer and pizza. Thanks for always being willing to drop everything and help me in an emergency. (this is why all my friends are male) I love my guys :drinker:
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for buying me drinks even though you KNOW, come on, you KNOW, it's not going to happen. :drinker:
    For having that little nook in which I can cuddle in and smell you. Mmmm

mmmmm indeed ... :blushing:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Yep..
    I am grateful for them banging our fellow females behind our backs.
    I am grateful for them being lazy and not picking up their dirty laundry.

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.
    Effing learn to take a joke already.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

I'm pretty sure the girl can screw in a light bulb! My man makes my life easier and I am so glad to have him around.
  • capaxinfiniti
    Options
    Low standards much?

Yep..
    I am grateful for them banging our fellow females behind our backs.
    I am grateful for them being lazy and not picking up their dirty laundry.

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.
    Effing learn to take a joke already.

Thanks for messing up a completely sweet thread that was supposed to be light hearted and positive. Now it's being clouded by an unnecessary argument and hostility. =\