For all the MEN lovers out there

Options

Replies

• toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom and have been for awhile. I do everything myself and don't NEED a man. BUT I am especially greatful for the men who allow me to be a "girl" and kill my spiders, look at my car, move heavy things, buy me a drink, cook me dinner, tell me I'm beautiful, make me laugh, open my doors for me, get a little protective when creepers are around (I'm a black belt and take self defense. I could probably do more damage than some of my guys friends, but it's still sweet) and all those other things other things that make men what we women refer to as being "a real man".

I also want to say that even though I have known some horrible examples of men (women too for that matter) I am constantly surrounded with friends and co workers who are great examples. Good husbands, fathers, single fathers, friends, brothers, partners. I know way too many wonderful men to ever be jaded into thinking all men suck. Even though I am guilty of going on the occasional rant when I do see a crappy person. I LOVE MEN. Thank you guys!:flowerforyou: :love:

^^^^^^^ Instant reply! (It works for more than just sports.)

Let's include this one in the 6 p.m. highlight reel as well.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

nice one
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm a ridiculously independent woman who will do yardwork, plumbing, electrical, drywall, yadda yadda yadda, myself, as well as being fit and strong... but sometimes, I totally depend on my husband to open stuck jars.

Same here!! I love doing yardwork, mowing the lawn, working on projects! But i also appreciate that my Dad taught me to love to do all these things and I appreciate that my husband is willing to do whatever needs to be done around the house that I can't get to myself!! He's da man!! :D
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    To the men:
    Thank you for taking care of your children, so they grow into loving adults.
    Thank you for knowing how to do things we don't want to do - like fixing the washer, the plumbing, the car.
    Thank you for hanging the Christmas lights, and then taking them dow two weeks later. That was your whole Saturday, and we appreciate it.
    Thank you for taking us out to dinner when you'd rather go to the bar and watch the game.
    Thank you for carrying our luggage to the car, to the airport, to the hotel room.
    Thank you for being super friendly waiters, bartenders, taxi drivers, tech support, you name it, you can do it!

This ^^
    I also agree with Brett, commercials have gotten ridiculous.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I'm tired of the culture of "male bashing". I am unashamedly proud of my husband and appreciate him for who he is, even though he can drive me crazy!! :) Thank you for opening this thread.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wow surprised by some of the negativity here. I think it is sweet! It is always nice to take the time out and thank people for the little things. Yes I can change my own light bulbs, kill a bug and open my own doors...but I am not going to pretend I don't like having someone willing to do it for me!

^^^This^^^ Just because I can doesn't mean it isn't nice not to always have to. Especially when you're a single mom working full time. Thank you to all the guys who step up and help out.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for accompanying me into the weight room and staying with me while I did my sets because I was scared to go alone lol.
    Thanks for letting me eat as much of your food as I want when we go out to eat.
    Thanks for scraping the snow and ice off the car while I sit in it.
    Thanks for letting me use you as a pillow/heater/footrest.
    Thanks for doing things for me that I can do myself but would rather not (i.e. taking out the trash, barbecuing (so sexy when a guy can grill!), adding power steering fluid, killing gross bugs).
    Thanks for getting up from whatever you're doing to reach the high shelves because you're 6'3" and I'm only 5'2".
    Thanks for always supporting me in my decisions.
    Thanks for putting up with my weird emotional waves.
    Thanks for making me smile and laugh all the time.
    Thanks for letting me figure things out for myself even though you know how to do it and could do it faster, but you know that I'm stubborn and I want to do it myself.
    Thanks for the little things you do that you probably don't even realize but that make me happy and make my heart melt.
    Thanks for always holding the door open for me.
    Thanks for offering to pay for things even though you know I like to either split the check or alternate paying.
    Thanks for letting me wash your laundry because I think I do a better job.
    Thanks for thanking me for doing your laundry even though I demanded that I do it.

Thank you for everything else and for being wonderful and amazing!

Most of all, thank you for being my best friend.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    No one has brought me a sammich yet. sad.gif

All kidding aside it is good to see a nice thread about guys for a change,sure some are jerks right to the core and we will always do an occasional dumb thing.
    There is a saying that the difference between men and boys is the size and cost of his toys,the kid at heart will always be there.

Still though most of us for all that are really decent people that try to do the best for those they care about. :smile:
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Wow,really? Haven't you heard of being grateful for the small things??

Yep..
    I am grateful for them banging our fellow females behind our backs.
    I am grateful for them being lazy and not picking up their dirty laundry.

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.
    Effing learn to take a joke already.

I agree... Doesn't mean her life is miserable. They aren't any good men in my life. It's just a fact. Wish they were but they aren't. :ohwell:

Nope not miserable. Was attempting to be snarky. That went over well. LOL

And maybe.. I prefer women! Just a thought. Although, I am straight. Again.. snarkism. Not turning out to be my strong suit :)

So misunderstood huh :laugh: ..LOL

Thanks men for carrying all the bags in from Walmart even when I said I was only going to get milk and notebook paper and came back with 17 bags for you to carry up to our 3rd floor apartment!!:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE thanks to Men! Thanks for screwing in all the light bulbs,reaching high places doing the disgusting yard work and killing gross insects. A HUGE thanks to the ones who open doors for women and who actually take time out of the day to take a shower....with soap...and water. Finally the ones who are stuck in the "Friend zone" Thank you so much for hugging us women who are crying over jerks and thanks for staying on the phone for hours listening to our complaints and problems.....one day you'll have a chance...one day. Dont give up!

Aww, I have to show this to my son. He complains about always being the friend and never the boyfriend. Maybe there's hope for him yet. :flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    None of this stuff is specific to men. Sorry but I really can't get behind a sentiment like this. There are a lot of men in my life who I appreciate very much, but it's not because they do stereotypical "man" things for me. Why do we want to separate everything into such specific gender roles? Killing insects isn't masculine; it's just something that grown-ups do. Acting like a frightened child when you see a bug isn't doing anyone any favors.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    None of this stuff is specific to men. Sorry but I really can't get behind a sentiment like this. There are a lot of men in my life who I appreciate very much, but it's not because they do stereotypical "man" things for me. Why do we want to separate everything into such specific gender roles? Killing insects isn't masculine; it's just something that grown-ups do. Acting like a frightened child when you see a bug isn't doing anyone any favors.

We don't appreciate them BECAUSE they do "man" things, we appreciate them because of who they are. But are we not allowed to appreciate the things they do too?

It's not the killing of the insect that we appreciate, but it's the fact that they may think the insect is just as gross as we do, but they'll be the one who has to get near it because they know that we don't want to.

Men get bashed a lot for not being caring or sensitive, but a lot of them are great and it doesn't get acknowledged. I don't hide crying until my boyfriend comes over when there's a bug in the bathroom. I just deal with it. But if he's here, hell yes I'll ask him to kill the bug, and he will, because he knows I don't like doing it.

We're basically thanking them for being compassionate and caring, which isn't a gender-specific role.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am so thankful for all of the men that I have in my life. I am thankful for all of the women too, but there's nothing wrong with taking a moment to thank the men! So here goes...

I am thankful for my Dad! I had the most amazing father. He passes away when I was 14, but I knew that he LOVED me & that he was proud of me. I now have a truly wonderful, funny, and sweet stepdad who makes me laugh, has always accepted me, supported and encouraged me. Oh and plays with & loves my kids! Of all of the many things that I knew I would miss about losing my dad, I knew I would miss not getting to see him as a grandpa the most! He was a big kid, and they would have had so much fun with him. I am so grateful that they have my stepdad. Thank you to my husband who loves me and supports me in all that I do. Thank you to my grandpa's who always made me laugh and gave the best hugs. This was true for both of them. They both also had very sweet, warm, smiles that would always light up when we (the grandkids) would walk in the room. I loved how playful they were! Thank you to my father-in-law who spends more time thinking about his family than anyone I know. I love it when he calls to check, not just on my husband, but on US! That means so much. Thank you to my brothers who are sweet, caring, and would have my back in a second if I needed it. Thank you to my sons, who are growing into amazing young boys and men (One is 5. The other is 14). Then, just thank you to all of the great guys out there who make this world a better place. Thank you!

:flowerforyou:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i guess this makes me a man
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

someone didn't have a good weigh in today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Such a nice post, and yet some people have to ruin just like they have to do in every single post.

Thank YOU for not being a negative nancy. : )

ooo and Thanks to my hubby for putting up with me and letting me be a stay at home mom while I go to school full time and he takes care of the bills. Much thanks.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

someone didn't have a good weigh in today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAAAA That made me laugh!!!!!
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    Wow susrprised by some of the negativity here. I think it is sweet! It is always nice to take the time out and thank people for the little things. Yes I can change my own light bulbs, kill a bug and open my own doors...but I am not going to pretend I don't like having someone willing to do it for me!

I am a strong independent woman when I need to be...but I have no problem letting my man be the MAN in the relationship! And I am thankful he takes on his role

Completely agreed!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    and a big thank you for keeping me on track, being my drill instructor, and letting me rant and rave about all the things that bug me!
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Wow! This is a treat for sore eyes! I am truly amazed at the wonderful thoughts and the appreciation that has been posted here. I know that I try to be everything for my wife (yes, I do my own laundry, love to grill when she invites friends over, vacuum the house, mow the lawn, take care of the dogs, paint the house the colors she wants, be supportive for her when she has rough days, cook, clean, watch the kids without complaining, let her watch her favorite tv show when the game is on, make her coffee in the morning before she wakes, go to the grocery to just be with her and help her, and I love her unconditionally!! She is my inspiration and I would do anything for her!!). There are times when I (and other men) feel we aren't appreciated, but this thread has just made my day for many days to come. Women are just amazing, and I love them for that! Thank you all so very much that responded to this thread, and thank you, OP.