For all the MEN lovers out there

Options

Replies

• shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I love an independent woman... but let's face it, there are just some things that you need us guys around for.... like reproduction. Bow-chicka-wow-wow :love:
    totally agree. Lets make a baby!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Thanks to my dad for being such an inspiration. I am so grateful that he taught me all the things I needed to know to be the independent woman I am now.

Thanks to my ex for being a good man about our break up.

I consider myself really lucky to have had some really fantastic men in my life. Maybe it's time to find another one... :love:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love an independent woman... but let's face it, there are just some things that you need us guys around for.... like reproduction. Bow-chicka-wow-wow :love:

I prefer the company of men most of the time anyway. My guy friends are so much more laidback and fun to be around (way less drama than my girl friends).

Yes, I just generalized, get over it.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Love your post! Men don't get enough praise for the things they do right. Way to be grateful and positive!

This made me smile and feel good. And thanks for the post OP.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    totally agree. Lets make a baby!
    Here's to not wasting time! :drinker:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

DOWNER!!!!!!!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Wow,really? Haven't you heard of being grateful for the small things??

Yep..
    I am grateful for them banging our fellow females behind our backs.
    I am grateful for them being lazy and not picking up their dirty laundry.

Shall I go on?

/sarcasm.
    Effing learn to take a joke already.

I agree... Doesn't mean her life is miserable. They aren't any good men in my life. It's just a fact. Wish they were but they aren't. :ohwell:

Nope not miserable. Was attempting to be snarky. That went over well. LOL

And maybe.. I prefer women! Just a thought. Although, I am straight. Again.. snarkism. Not turning out to be my strong suit :)
    Snarkism and sarcasm rarely translate well in print. Sometimes you have to do something like put in <insert sarcasm here> or we really can't tell.
  • JennaM222
    Options
    Thank you Men for your magic stick. I can do everything else.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I love men....
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe you need to figure out how to do some things for yourself...

Learn to fix lightbulbs, invest in a stepladder, and whatever other stuff. I believe women should never be dependent on men or vice-versa. NEEDing someone makes most relationship unhealthy.

Wow way to be a downer... I think she was simply saying thank you for doing all those things we do not want to do.
    Also i want to say:
    Thank you for supporting us, for giving us lucky mom's the ability to stay home with our kids, and for manning the BBQ to name a few

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for buying me drinks even though you KNOW, come on, you KNOW, it's not going to happen. :drinker:
    For having that little nook in which I can cuddle in and smell you. Mmmm

BAHAHA this ^^
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Cute
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options

I prefer the company of men most of the time anyway. My guy friends are so much more laidback and fun to be around (way less drama than my girl friends).

Yes, I just generalized, get over it.

Haha, with you there. Most of my friends are male and while I love my girl pals, the boys are just so much easier going. Saying that, they can irritate me as well as they barely ever reply to texts and everything is sometimes just too laid back.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Low standards much?

Wow,really? Haven't you heard of being grateful for the small things??

I think women are generally more grateful for big things!! :wink: :wink:

I'm grateful for all things, big or small.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i use to hate when men would do things for me but i learned to be grateful for it! now i love chivalry!
    i don't need men to do all these things but i appreciate it!

thank you to the neighbour men who shovel my driveway
    thank you to my friend's dad who defogs my headlights
    thank you to the men who carry my heavy bags
    thank you to the men who hold the doors
    thank you to the men who say "ladies first"

but most of all thank you to all the men who have made me feel good about who i am - my body & my intelligence - and who have kept their eyes focused on my mine when that hot blonde in a mini walked by :flowerforyou:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Thank you for supporting us, for giving us lucky mom's the ability to stay home with our kids, and for manning the BBQ to name a few

Nuh uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the grilling is mine! The propane grill, the wood-fired grill and the smoker... ALL MINE!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHHA
  • JennaM222
    Options
    I love men....

and they love you
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There are many things I am thankful to my husband for doing, not b/c I can't do them but b/c I would just rather not.

Thank you for taking out the trash, for raking the leaves out of the pool, for doing your own laundry and not expecting me to b/c I'm the woman. Thank you for working hard and expecting the same from me. Thank you for being so good with my family, even though even I sometimes don't want to deal with them. Thank you for being a GOOD man as much and often as you can be, and for apologizing when you aren't/can't. :wink:

^^^^^^ Love this.

Great thread overall. Even the intermittent snarky negativity can't pull it down.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Thank you for not considering being alone with your kids "babysitting."
    Thank you for having my toast and coffee ready at the door for me tograb on my way to work.
    Thank you for being the one to deal with our *****y landlady (I'd probably tell her what I really think of her and get us evicted!)
    Thank you for being the stay-at-home parent for 2 years when I got a job that pays more than yours.
    Thank you for supporting me on my weight loss journey.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great post, OP.

Thank you to a special someone (The_Saint) for the many wonderful things you do. To name them all would take up many pages of this thread, so I'll name a few:

Cracking the eggs because you know I don't like to
    Carrying all the heavy bags, and all the other ones at the same time if you're able
    Always finding my sore spots in my shoulder blades and traps and rubbing them
    Fixing my Jeep (and looking damn sexy all covered in grease)
    Sending me flowers just because you want to send me flowers (and you enjoy the satisfaction I get out of other people's reaction)
    Having the most perfect spot between your chest and neck for my head to rest
    Being a tech guru who can fix/setup anything
    Enjoying cooking/baking for me and with me
    Doing the best accents that always make me laugh (the Russian is my favorite)

Gosh... I could truly go on forever.