For all the *actual* CAT lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Lets see if this works...

Pudgy – We got her 3 + years ago from the Humane Society. She picked us, as we were walking by, she put her paw out to grab my purse. My mini me, who follows me around like a puppy
    ilkbo5.jpg
    50mlh.jpg

Sterling – Pudgy’s boyfriend. We got Sterling from the Humane Society, when we moved to our new house. He is one of the sweetest ever. He acts like a puppy as well..lol
    Cat napping in my gym bag
    w05dhs.jpg

Sterling
    30dl1fn.jpg

Boyfriend and girlfriend playing
    2mfj6tt.jpg

Jewel – My sisters cat, who we recently took in about 2-3 weeks ago. She about 16 years old, and doesn’t get along with the other two yet.
    246rguo.jpg
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    subistats, when using Photobucket and posting on a message board, use the code listed under "bulletin board" or something like that. The code will begin with "[IMG*]" (minus the *). If that doesn't work, change the "IMG" in both the beginning bracket and the ending bracket to lower case. MFP seems to prefer lower case.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My Fiona is also a sink-sleeper!

fifiinsink.jpg

She's also a rescue. We just adopted her almost 3 months ago, and she's already our baby. Even if she loves to attack us under the blankets! And she hates our work out gloves - she thinks they're evil and will attack our hands mercilessly till they come off!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My Fiona is also a sink-sleeper!

fifiinsink.jpg

She's also a rescue. We just adopted her almost 3 months ago, and she's already our baby. Even if she loves to attack us under the blankets! And she hates our work out gloves - she thinks they're evil and will attack our hands mercilessly till they come off!

omg, my cats do the same thing to my workout gloves as well... funny creatures :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That's a gorgeous Maine coon. I got to babysit my mom's Maine coon cat for a few months while her house was being worked on. Ever since then, I've been trying to talk my husband into letting me acquire one of my own. I would ordinarily never go for a pure bred cat, but Maine coons are so exceptionally friendly, playful, and intelligent. My mom's cat--Collins--would actually come when he was called, just like a dog. Collins also looks JUST like the cat in the photos that were posted at the start of the thread. I don't have any pictures of my own devil cat, but she's a fat little tuxedo with a bad attitude. Her name is Soda. She's used to being the princess and tends to bite when she doesn't get her way. One of her favorite techniques is to leap out at me as I walk past her, wrap her "arms" around my leg, and sink her teeth into my tendon. She's calmed down a lot since we adopted an English mastiff puppy, but she still takes her revenge whenever the dog isn't around.

Maybe try for a rescue Maine Coon? I used to have a cat who was very Maine Coon like (he wasn't, but cats like that are very common where I was living when I adopted him). He was so sweet. Now we have to wild young cats, a tan-ish tabby, and one who appears to be a Siamese/tabby mix (both rescues). I don't have pictures on this computer or I'd post them.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I love cats, I love every kind of cat.
    I just want to hug all of them, But I can't.
    I can't hug every cat.
    I want them in basket and little bow ties.

I love cats, but I'm not so sure about the baskets and little bow ties...They usually don't like stuff like that. I'd just like to see them all in loving homes!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Your Maine coon is just beautiful. We plan on getting a coulple of Maine coons ourself when we resettle in the States soon.
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    My fiance and I just adopted a kitten on Sunday. She's 5 months old and a total diva. Definitely takes after me. Also, how do I add an image to a post?
  • bump - loving the pics. I had my two cats 18 & 20 years! They both passed away last year within months of each other and when our last one passed away we went that day and let the kids each pick out one from the human society so now we have Carly and Angel - most loving cats EVER. Very spoiled! Going to have my daughter show me how to post pics :) (yes, I admit I need my pre-teen to help me work my computer!_)
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump....I love this thread :)

Here are my girls (Belle, Kitty, Paige and Callie)

382870_10150549982104343_515544342_10468823_1555444002_n.jpg

my4babies.jpg
  • JennBona
    Options
    First one was cut off...trying again

• JennBona
    Options
    Last try lol

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    subistats, when using Photobucket and posting on a message board, use the code listed under "bulletin board" or something like that. The code will begin with "[IMG*]" (minus the *). If that doesn't work, change the "IMG" in both the beginning bracket and the ending bracket to lower case. MFP seems to prefer lower case.

Thanks! I'll have to try that when I get home. Work blocks photobucket as "social networking" so can't access it directly from here. I'll do what I can later, should I remember :P
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    yayyy!!! my favourite type of post....lol. i love seeing everyones kitties.

i have 3.

my oldest is Dax, he is 8. my brothers ex gave him to me as a sort of peace offering. he was supposed to be a girl, and calico...lol. obviously the people who had him had no clue.
    406764_10150575778331070_520141069_11417449_2062434226_n.jpg

the master of the house is Hooper. he was brought into the pet shop i used to work at, along with his brothers and sisters. they were all super fluffy and healthy, he unfortunetly wasn't. the vet told us he would never have a happy life. does he look unhappy to you? he is 7 now.
    73225_494217341069_520141069_7635851_904260_n.jpg

and last but not least, GM (short for Got Milk?, he's got the cutest milk stache). he was supposed to be my brothers cat, he came from a friend of his whose wife was going to be having a baby and she didn't want a cat anymore. well, my brothers cat is a big bully, and does not like GM at all. so, after a lot of time spent cowering in my upstairs half of the house, he has fully adopted me. it sure helped that eventually my cats accepted him as well. my brothers cat....still hates him, and it's been almost 4 years. GM is approx 6...not 100% sure how old he was when he joined me.
    34419_494217051069_520141069_7635843_6765536_n.jpg
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I should ttly take pictures of my two tigers :D
  • Lam75
    Lam75 Posts: 72
    Options
    First pic is Percy, he had a heart murmur and sadly died in November 2009 at age 10. Second picture is Poppy, she is a rescue cat and very very cute, she is 3 and still behaves like 3 months.

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/Lammy1975/010.jpg
    http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p602/Lammy1975/048.jpg

Have no idea why the pics aren't showing :o(
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've had cats around all my life, although they are usually outside cats. I've been able to pass my affection for cats on to my son.
  • negative187
    Options
    my little boy, mr Squibbles.

4 months old ;3 he brought the number of cats in our house to four, he is the only one that belongs to me.

two.jpg
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I should have described Emilee as the cat who doesn't like to meow. She makes the motions with her mouth, but, generally, she doesn't actually put out any sound. The exception is when she feels you aren't getting the message. Poor little princess needs to get her message across, which is usually, "pet me!"

We didn't even know Emi could meow until she was about 8 month old and went into heat. Then, for several days, all she did was yowl...for hours...and hours. :noway: We fixed that (spayed her) by the end of the week--she and Laelah both. There was no way I was risking them both going into heat at the same time.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    my baby Ava :o) She's a water cat- always begging me to turn the sink on, comes in the shower sometimes. Funny little girl! Ir eally love her cute little crooked mustache :o)

263423_2068992957402_1022167073_2378287_398688_n.jpg