Drinking W| The Boyfriend Tonight - Help?

Options
He is getting his own bottle of whiskey,
I told him to get me vodka, b|c from what I've read around the forums,
It is one of the smarter choices.
So my questions are -
Is there a certain type of vodka that could possibly be the best?
Aaaand.. Ideas for chasers? Please?
I can't take shots straight, I'm admitting that right now, and I'm not big on mixed drinks, I always taste too much vodka.

If this helps, I have 808 calories remaining and I haven't eaten dinner yet.

& I'm sincerely looking for advice, please don't be rude.
To the person that is going to say, "Just don't drink. Duh."
I just beat you to it. I'm celebrating my 4yr anniversary with him.
So that is not an option :D

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a diet soda? I guess i'm not much help. Sorry. :laugh:
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I prefer rasperry vodka and lemon lime club soda with a splash of lime juice in it. MM! (when I'm at home of course- out, just raspberry vodka and club soda with two lime slices. I like to try and hide the vodka too!)
  • marleebaby
    Options

I have been soda free for a week. But I just can't not have a chaser, I'll blow chunks. Bahaha. Being honest, sorry.
    Sooo.. I was kind of thinking Dr. Pepper 10. Anyone have any opinions on that choice?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Sprite Zero

or My favorite not sure where you are located there is a flavored water (they sell in publix in the water aisle) they have grapefruit lemon lime or orange or berry - Mixed with Vodka it's great and has no soduim or calories
  • marleebaby
    Options
    I prefer rasperry vodka and lemon lime club soda with a splash of lime juice in it. MM!

I actually used to drink raspberry vodka alot.. It's called raspberry sweet tea vodka or something.
    If I go that route, maybe I won't need a chaser at all!
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    hey everyone needs a drink now and then...Vodka isnt really my vice however there are some options for you... how about Vodka and Club Soda with a lime? i have done vodka and diet gingerale too.

-Ashley
    www.sickofbeingchub.com
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper and Vodka?

Blech. How about Vodka and water with a lime squeeze? Or Bloody Mary? At least with Bloody Marys you get your veggies and potassium
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    Vodka Diet Dr. Pepper is REALLY good. great choice.

-Ashley
    www.sickofbeingchub.com
  • pwmccall
    Options

I have been soda free for a week. But I just can't not have a chaser, I'll blow chunks. Bahaha. Being honest, sorry.
    Sooo.. I was kind of thinking Dr. Pepper 10. Anyone have any opinions on that choice?

The better the vodka, the less taste it will give you if mixed with a diet coke or other mixer. Go top shelf, it's a special occasion.
  • Deuxtrouble
    Options
    A caesar? Vodka and orange juice?
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    oh yeah the sweet tea vodkas are yummy but I bet they've got more calories. Vodka's low calorie and club soda's zero, lime's minimal so asking for schmirnoff (sp?) raspberry and club soda's a tasty option
  • jennarocca687
    Options
    yes vodka is a smarter choice although it still has about 100 calories per shot. I like to suck on a lemon or lime wedge for a chaser, it works really well and no calories! also, some people use black coffee as a chaser because it really takes away the taste of the alcohol but ehh... coffee is nasty. I usually just do shots with lime and water after. Also, dont eat before you drink because you will get drunk faster AND you are likely to snack when you are drunk. so I recommend limiting yourself to 4 or 5 shots then you still have 400 calories or so to eat while you are drunk snacking :)
  • kjh1204
    kjh1204 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    grey goose vodka is the most pure.........but expensive! just don't go for the mega cheap stuff and mix with tonic or soda water
  • marleebaby
    Options
    I'm not going to the bar, this will be at home drinking, just so everyone knows.

Okay, lots of replies, Right now I'm leaning towards..
    Bloody Marys, Sprite Zero, and MAYBE i can force myself to down Club Soda.. I've never liked it though.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    southern comfort lime and diet lemonade! I make mine really weak, and try and get a shot to last 2 drinks.....:drinker:
  • marleebaby
    Options

The better the vodka, the less taste it will give you if mixed with a diet coke or other mixer. Go top shelf, it's a special occasion.

Ahh, thank you. I know some calorie-counters that drink grey goose, it all makes sense now.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Work out so you have the extra calories

Whipped cream vodka and ginger ale.... Taste like cream soda. Maybe there is diet ginger ale, I'm not sure

Soooo good
  • geeteeohh
    Options
    How about a Greyhound?

Ingredients:
    •2 oz vodka
    •4 oz grapefruit juice
    •lemon or lime wedge for garnish

Preparation:

1.Pour the ingredients into a collins glass with ice cubes.
    2.Stir well.
    3.Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If you take limes, lemons or strawberries and crush them then add the vodka, ice and some sweetener you have a very yummy low cal drink. This is something that you would sip slowly since it's not diluted (aside from melted ice if you drink it reeeeeeally slow). It's yummy, especially if you make it sweet. Stevia or Splenda will work wonders here!
  • marleebaby
    Options
    yes vodka is a smarter choice although it still has about 100 calories per shot. I like to suck on a lemon or lime wedge for a chaser, it works really well and no calories! also, some people use black coffee as a chaser because it really takes away the taste of the alcohol but ehh... coffee is nasty. I usually just do shots with lime and water after. Also, dont eat before you drink because you will get drunk faster AND you are likely to snack when you are drunk. so I recommend limiting yourself to 4 or 5 shots then you still have 400 calories or so to eat while you are drunk snacking :)

thank you, i do tend to drunk snack, so maybe i will have a good sized snack for dinner (in about an hour)
    and then a snack later, when the vodka hits.