Drinking W| The Boyfriend Tonight - Help?

Options

Replies

• marleebaby
    Options
    I tried light cranberry juice and vodka last house party I had. Absolute worst Idea ever! Tasted disgusting and I didn't want to waste it so I just chugged it. I was in the glory bowl about 30 minutes later xD

I honestly think this would do the same thing to me. Still leaning towards Sprite Zero at this point. I have to make a choice in the next 25 minutes.
    Forgot about spritezero! yum!

The question now is, do they have it where he is going to get the goods.. I hope so!!

Even if that is what I choose tonight, I am thankful for all of the advice and will definitely be trying out different things in the future!
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Polar makes delicious flavored seltzer water. ALL different flavors- - Banana, peach, blueberry, cranberry lime, lemon lime, pina colada, etc. I mix that with GIN :) I looooove my gin. Sometimes I have gin for dinner... "Ginner" ...

Will definitely be checking out the 'Polar' line.. thanks for the share!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Bloody mary it's like a liquid salad. With your calories left you'll be well within your calorie goal. Unless you drink the whole bottle then you're just bada$$
    [/quote]

I usually DO drink the whole bottle. Not only am I fat, I am a drunk. Thank God for MFP.
    [/quote] All I can tell you then is get 2 bottles:-/
  • marleebaby
    Options
    All I can tell you then is get 2 bottles:-/

Hahaha, I'll be alright. I'm a changed woman, I tell ya!
  • gwennypink
    Options
    Ok I haven't read all of the previous posts so I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but my new favorite drink is this brand new low-calorie vodka called Voli light vodka. It has half the calories of regular vodka, only 72 calories for 1.5 ounces! And it's pretty good quality because it doesn't have that nasty rubbing alcohol taste. I actually usually mix it with water and a flavored drink packet like Crystal Light, or lately I've been using the liquid water flavoring stuff called Mio. Here's a link to the vodka website, and it has a ton of recipes for low-cal mixed drinks to make with it: http://www.volispirits.com/ Hope this helps!! I've really fallen in love with the stuff cause I can relax and have a few drink without the guilt!
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    Here's some good recipes and tips:
    http://fatlossschool.com/low-calorie-alcoholic-cocktail-drink-recipes/
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails?page=3

Have fun! You could always dip into your calories for tomorrow and enjoy tonight!
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's your 4 year anniversary. FORGET ABOUT THE DIET FOR A DAY. lol

Enjoy yourself and congrats!

Exactly what I was going to say. Don't ruin your night by calorie counting, everyone's allowed a treat day, especially for such a special ocassion :)
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Ok I haven't read all of the previous posts so I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but my new favorite drink is this brand new low-calorie vodka called Voli light vodka. It has half the calories of regular vodka, only 72 calories for 1.5 ounces! And it's pretty good quality because it doesn't have that nasty rubbing alcohol taste. I actually usually mix it with water and a flavored drink packet like Crystal Light, or lately I've been using the liquid water flavoring stuff called Mio. Here's a link to the vodka website, and it has a ton of recipes for low-cal mixed drinks to make with it: http://www.volispirits.com/ Hope this helps!! I've really fallen in love with the stuff cause I can relax and have a few drink without the guilt!

This sounds freaking fantastic, do you know if it is sold in regular liquor stores? & do you know the price? thank you!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Bloody mary it's like a liquid salad.
    You guys could toss a salad too.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    "Good" Vodka
    Water
    Lime Wedge

done....
  • marleebaby
    Options
    Bloody mary it's like a liquid salad.
    You guys could toss a salad too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Very funny, but not my cup of tea.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet sprite or vodka and club with a splash of cranberry. Vodka and crystal light lemonade is also good, or vodka crystal light lemonade with the club soda or sprite for a "kick"
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options

This sounds freaking fantastic, do you know if it is sold in regular liquor stores? & do you know the price? thank you!

Holy *kitten*... I'm in on that, too!
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    im a big fan of the dr.pepper 10, with rum.
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do vodka water with lime juice and fresh lime slices. When mixed properly, you can't really taste the vodka. It just tastes like yummy lime water :)
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Sprite Zero

or My favorite not sure where you are located there is a flavored water (they sell in publix in the water aisle) they have grapefruit lemon lime or orange or berry - Mixed with Vodka it's great and has no soduim or calories

I agree with this... Maybe get a flavored vodka so it tastes more like a fruity fizzy drink than alcohol. Congrats on four years with the guy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Since it's a special occasion, and (I'm assuming) not something you do every day, why not just drink something you like, in moderation, instead of forcing yourself to drink something you don't really like because it's a "better option." Just a thought.
  • Christin2020
    Christin2020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Crystal lite... It's pretty darn tasty :)
  • marleebaby
    Options
    im a big fan of the dr.pepper 10, with rum.

Rum is actually my favorite, but I was under the assumption vodka was a lil better for you?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's an anniversary! Drink whatever you want (even if that's kahluah and cream!) and enjoy the special occassion!! Count your calories again tomorrow.