5yr old used Wii to lose weight

Options
Just have to post this because my daughter who is only 5 by the way just got her BMI out of the "overweight" range, and the only lifestyle change we made was buying a wii a few months ago, the weight just dropped off her since we got the wii, she was a very big girl for her age and now blends in with the other children so perfectly,

Who would image a 5 year old would motivate me to have a healthier and more active life? Shes so wonderful. an inspiration at 5!

BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTO POSTED BELOW!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. You are instilling great habits in her.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Great job! I am so happy that there was no major dietery changes (atleast you didnt mention) so GOOOO exercising!!!

She looks gorgeous!!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't hype this up by posting before and after pics and stuff like that. Chics have enough stigma attached to their weight. And at 5?
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is really amazing! Being a "bigger" child is a miserable thing, So what you did for her was wonderful! she is beutiful :)
  • alenakelly
    Options
    2djupsg.jpg
  • alenakelly
    Options
    There we go! :)
  • alenakelly
    Options
    B & A is posted below
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! My parents never taught me to exercise.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats to instilling a healthier lifestyle into your daughter. My lazy sons sit on the bed and play the wii which totally defeats the purpose lol

Im sure your little girl will thank you for watching out for her health :)
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    She's so cute! I was a very chubby kid and it sucked.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Kudos to you for great parenting :) My trainer is starting a program to work with kids in the school after classes to get them into exercising ... such an important thing these days!
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    That's great that she has slimmed back to a healthy weight. I've heard that kids shouldn't lose weight as such but grow into their weight (as they get taller), but not sure how true that is.

How do you calculate kids BMI? I presume it isn't the same as calculating adults.

Do you reckon your own diet changes have had an impact on your DD as well? The reason I ask is when I told my cousin that I was doing MFP she commented "And that will have a good impact on the girls as well" but in truth my girls have always had a really healthy diet (blush - shame I couldn't follow the same advice - we all ate healthily together, then I just ate extra in the evenings after they were in bed), so it hasn't impacted on them at all. But I'm guessing in some families an improvement in parents diet will have a big flow-on for kids. Sorry, a bit OT, feel free to answer or not, as the whim takes you :)
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't hype this up by posting before and after pics and stuff like that. Chics have enough stigma attached to their weight. And at 5?

i doubt shes showing her daughter it like shes a diet ad or anything.. i think she looks fabulous!! good work !
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    That is wonderful. Could have changed the fate of her entire life.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    she is so sweet and so lucky to have such great parents!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This is such an amazing story to hear! I grew up over weight as a child and it was horrible!! You're an awesome mom for teaching your daughter that being happy and healthy (while having fun) is the way to go!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I think that it's great that you are showing her how to live a healthier lifestyle! And that it can be fun!

She's adorable! :smile:
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    what a cutie!
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    And a child will show us the way....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!