5yr old used Wii to lose weight

Options

Replies

• kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't hype this up by posting before and after pics and stuff like that. Chics have enough stigma attached to their weight. And at 5?

Really???? I mean, come on. The child is doing great! I'm sure the she knows it too! And it's not like she's putting her on the front of a magazine or some fad diet.

Congrats to you both! Such an inspiration.
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awwww well done to your little one. She looks so much healthier!!!
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, if my parents had done this I probably wouldn't be on here now, at the age of 21!

Fantastic, well done. Your daughter has a great mum! :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you & her!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't hype this up by posting before and after pics and stuff like that. Chics have enough stigma attached to their weight. And at 5?

i doubt shes showing her daughter it like shes a diet ad or anything.. i think she looks fabulous!! good work !
    Not like she's an ad or anything, I'm saying little girl gets on the PC and sees her pic (I wouldn't post my child on the internet, but again, I'm not a parent) and she's all freaked out about getting "fat" again.

If she wants a twinkee or pizza she should have one. She will have enough time to be concerned about her weight once she hits like 12.

That's all I'm saying.
  • ctinajoy
    ctinajoy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great! Way to learn fitness is about having FUN, not deprivation! Good job Mom!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think this is so great! The best part is that she looks happy in both the before and after, and it sounds like you just encouraged her to be active (without focusing on her size or appearance). AWESOME :heart:
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You had made this little girl, your daughter a very happy one, the world should pick up on this and encourage all children to get active :love:
  • SussexJohn
    SussexJohn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done the both of you
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    This is awesome - she looks so good. Exercise being fun when you're a kid sets you for life !!!!
  • kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Geez.... makes me feel inferior!!! Great job... I guess if a 5 year old can do it, I have NO excuses!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

i doubt shes showing her daughter it like shes a diet ad or anything.. i think she looks fabulous!! good work !
    Not like she's an ad or anything, I'm saying little girl gets on the PC and sees her pic (I wouldn't post my child on the internet, but again, I'm not a parent) and she's all freaked out about getting "fat" again.

If she wants a twinkee or pizza she should have one. She will have enough time to be concerned about her weight once she hits like 12.

That's all I'm saying.

12? Crap... if she's overweight at 12, then it will be hell to pay at school. It sounds like this mother just got her girl a Wii and the activity helped her lose some extra pounds. I don't even know that her daughter KNOWS she was overweight or was told to exercise. I think it's all about making sure our kids get out there and have some fun and be healthy doing it! Sure it's okay if she has a twinkie or pizza... just not as a meal plan!

Kudos to you mom. She's beautiful!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    She is absolutely adorable and that is an amazing story! That wii is a wonderful thing, for kids and grown ups. She will be an inspiration to other kids and adults as well. Thanks for sharing!:happy:
  • kimmisatch
    Options

That's all I'm saying.

If you read the post - she says all they did was buy a Wii. She isn't preaching to her daughter that she can't have some pizza or a twinkie or whatever. They are making exercise fun, and I'm sure if her daughter didn't want to to it - then she wouldn't have to.

Her pic looks fab - good work to both of you.
  • vsjohns37
    Options
    Was she using Just Dance? I heard that one is a good one........
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I get it, I'm a *kitten*.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    thats great! it makes me sad to see children suffer with being overweight. you know what... your a good mom.
  • vsjohns37
    Options
    Awesome!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    2djupsg.jpg

What a difference - she's beautiful either way!

Good for her and good for you!

katie
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Adorable! I think it's great that a lot of the gaming systems now have more active games for kids and adults alike. Kids just don't get as much physical exercise today as they did when I was a kid--you know, the unintended, fun sort like running around and just playing outside. So anything to get them more active is a great thing-it's a lot harder to have to try to get active once you're older and have no experience in it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!