beer

Options

Replies

• kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i tried switching to hard liquor because it has fewer calories. i end up getting really drunk because i'm so used to drinking beer at the bar, not vodka.

/cool story, bro.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    beer is healthy for you in moderation..

nonsense
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    does anyone drink beer while they are trying to loose wieght?
    I had to let this go but have learned to enjoy red wine - dry.

At least wine has some good health qualities.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    I saw the topic "Beer" and I couldn't click my mouse fast enough :) I love the stuff!!!! I do drink when I'm trying to lose weight, but I have cut down. Once a week only. :)
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options

nonsense

great a one word rebuttal..gotta love those
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

nonsense

yep
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    beer is healthy for you in moderation..increases LDL cholesterol..and the types of beer are a big difference..i am gonna have a beer tonight..probably a mich ultra BLAH, but the reason i dont drink to get buzzed anymore..my poison is johnny walker black label and i can drink it. but the reason i dont go crazy is when you get buzzed you often eat food so you dont get drunk and so i would order grilled cheese with bacon on texas toast with french fries...its not necessarily the alcohol but the food you consume with it so becareful LOL

this is so true!! i always want a triple cheese, 6 slices of bacon, extra grease burger after throwing back a lot too many lol!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    yes, and I count it. I usually try to plan it and do extra exercise that day.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? It's about a lifestyle change, not deprivation.
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options

nonsense

yep

LOL
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

so does beer.
  • ChrystalKiesel
    Options
    Beer isnt a big deal but trade it out for some of your carbs....like bread or pasta....plan ahead and limit the amount...have a good time!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

so does beer.

uh...no. beer does not have health qualitites. dont get me wrong..I enjoy a good beer occasionally...but I dont justify it with a delusion that its healthy or that I will be "deprived" if I dont drink it.
  • jily310
    jily310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YES!!! and I log in every one that I drink! The hard part is, if your like me - you drink to much and then you want to eat lots of bad food. Try to avoid this and remember that alcohol slows down your metabolism for a little while, so expect a slight gain for a few days - don't worry, it will go away, just drink lots of water afterwards!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    yup, occassionally.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? It's about a lifestyle change, not deprivation.

:drinker:
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuup!

I just read an article today that said that as little as 1oz. of vodka can slow your metabolism down by up to 73%! I'll stick with beer!
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Yep, I just make sure to plan for it in my daily calorie intake.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Yuuuuup!

I just read an article today that said that as little as 1oz. of vodka can slow your metabolism down by up to 73%! I'll stick with beer!

its alcohol...beer...vodka...moonshine....they all slow your metabolism
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I've cut back how often and how much. I used to have a drink (cider, wine, Corona) most days of the week, usually one, sometimes two each day.
    Now I most often only drink on weekends and its usually one, sometimes two drinks.
    I don't do it because I have hopes of getting healthier but because I enjoy it. When I'm out at the pub I usually alternate a beer with a glass of soda water. This is a good alternative because it is a fizzy drink in a tall glass with a straw and doesn't feel like drinking just water or not having anything at all.