beer

Options

Replies

• TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    beer is healthy for you in moderation..

nonsense

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/10-surprising-health-benefits-beer

Was in the news today actually =)

But it will make you lose weight slower in the long run

water water water is key when losing when you get to the maintain state then its okay once in awhile :)

im talking from experience here ;)

and I drink my canadian beer Labatt's !
  • KimBee45
    Options
    Guily as charged, but I noticed last night I was feeling guilty so maybe I will end up drinking less beer, but I have switched to a low calorie beer (67 per bottle) so for now that will help, but I sure do enjoy having a few on Friday night. Can't change everything at once or you'll go crazy!
  • KimBee45
    Options
    Hi fellow canuck. Have been a Labatt drinker for years, just switched to Canadian 67 and I don't hate it. Hope the love of beer will be outweighed by my weight/health goals eventually! :tongue:
  • DianeTemplar
    Options
    I have been sober 3 years now, but I used to be quite fond of it. I would go to the gym at 530 am and count the beers I earned on the treadmill. It was a great motivator. I would stay on there an extra 1/2 hour or so just so I could indulge after work.

Good luck....It does make it harder to lose weight, but It can be done.

diane
  • fatcon1
    fatcon1 Posts: 16
    Options
    yes i love beer
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    yes!:drinker: Not as much as I would if i weren't trying to loose weight. All in perspective.
  • libbylee31
    libbylee31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink beer 3x a week. I have a 12oz Heineken and I add it to food diary. It helps to drink in moderations and pay attention to the calories of the beer your drinking.
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    oh man, i'm so nervous! today is my first day of hanging with the boys, and they drink beer all day! i'm limiting myself to 2 and had a filling breakfast so once we leave the rugby field and get to the bar i will stick to water
  • NeilWin
    NeilWin Posts: 21
    Options
    If it's your guilty pleasure then do it. It's more of the feel good factor. A happy mind = a healthy attitude.
    I enjoy a drink now and then.
    Also, I used to work in a hot factory, making glass. The glassblowers drank beer on the job. It replaces more of the minerals and salt lost through sweating than any water would do.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Not any more. If I drink alcohol I eat takeaway food. Then the next morning I eat fried/greasy food. Then enough chocolate to kill an elephant stone dead. The last beer/whisky I had was on 1st Jan and I am not going to drink again for a long long time. I do love beer though.....
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I use to drink from Friday after work until Sunday night fall. I dont do this anymore but will go out and drink once a month or so.... enjoy myself and refuse to feel guilty about it. Just dont weigh yourself for a couple of days
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    God YES! They can't take away everything!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    usually Guinness if i have beer... prefer red wine.
    Guinness! It's the best thing ever. And about half the calories of beer, which is hard to fathom since it's so delicious. It's the ice cream of beers. :)
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    I don't drink at all(any more) but when I did, I never did while trying to lose weight. It,s just too many calories to counter. I don't want any fluids with calories when I am trying to lose.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have been sober 3 years now,

diane

congrats :)
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yes, have to tonight at the hockey game --GO BLUES:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Guinness! It's the best thing ever. And about half the calories of beer, which is hard to fathom since it's so delicious. It's the ice cream of beers. :)

guiness draft about 170 calories a glass....higher than the average american beer
  • SueGremlin
    Options

guiness draft about 170 calories a glass....higher than the average american beer
    A pint of Guinness: 196 calories
    A pint of Bell's Hopslam: 373 calories.

I don't drink Budweiser. Life is too short to drink ****ty beer.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    does anyone drink beer while they are trying to loose wieght?
    I had to let this go but have learned to enjoy red wine - dry.

At least wine has some good health qualities.

so does beer.

uh...no. beer does not have health qualitites. dont get me wrong..I enjoy a good beer occasionally...but I dont justify it with a delusion that its healthy or that I will be "deprived" if I dont drink it.

Beer does have health qualities. Of course it's bad for you if you drink a sixpack every day, but in moderation it does have benefits. Almost anything is bad for you if you have too much of it.
    http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/14/beer-drink-health-forbeslife-cx_avd_0317health.html
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow canuck. Have been a Labatt drinker for years, just switched to Canadian 67 and I don't hate it. Hope the love of beer will be outweighed by my weight/health goals eventually! :tongue:

I don't drink it often I live in the midwest USA and its like almost $6 for a 6 pack
    so I have it once every few months or longer :drinker: