I almost ate pizza!!! :(

Options

Replies

• jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would hate my life if I had to pass up pizza for cauliflower and tomatoes. That is not a meal in my opinion. Didn't the US just declare pizza a vegetable so it can stay in school cafeterias? Can't be that bad haha. I understand the whole cutting out bread and cheese for a while..I've tried it a couple times, but only lasted like 3 days before caving. This time around I decided not to bother, since I certainly don't plan on living the rest of my life without either..especially cheese. I love it, I will always love it...so I will always eat it. I've lost 13lbs in 2 and a half months..that's including the holidays keep in mind...and I could easily continue with this for the rest of my life. I am not deprived in any way and am seeing the most success I've ever seen when trying to lose weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One day, I had two options for lunch: two leftover slices of pepperoni pizza, or make a deli-meat turkey on whole grain sandwich. Anyone would think the turkey sammy would be a better choice, right?

I plugged both into my food diary. Both were around 400 calories, but the pizza had higher protein, lower carbs and lower sodium. Higher fat, sure, but fat doesn't make you fat and I'm often well below my fat goal in the food diary anyway.

Pizza =/= evil.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I loooooove pizza. I've discovered the McCain Ultra Thin Mushroom and Roasted Garlic pizza. It's 160 calories per quarter pizza.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned over the last 2 years of doing this is I can't deprive myself of anything or I give up. If I want something, I make it fit in my macros for the day. I used to deprive myself of things and it made me want it even more and I caved and crashed.
  • kms1811
    Options
    Good for you, that is a tough temptation!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Why not eat clean Pizza?

Here's the crust...

http://cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/CE-Whole-Wheat-Pizza-Dough.aspx

Add some clean tomato sauce (ie ingredients you can pronounce and understand) some turkey pepperoni and a little low fat cheese and voila...

Or skip the meat and add peppers, spinach and sund dried tomatoe topped with a little goat's cheese for gourmet! Yumm!!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Why not eat one slice plus a side salad? Losing weight doesn't have to be about deprivation.

I'm with this - only makes the crave worse!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why are you limiting cheese and bread in the first place?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Why not eat clean Pizza?

Here's the crust...

Add some clean tomato sauce (ie ingredients you can pronounce and understand) some turkey pepperoni and a little low fat cheese and voila...

Or skip the meat and add peppers, spinach and sund dried tomatoe topped with a little goat's cheese for gourmet! Yumm!!

I clean all my foods before I eat them. Windex works really well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Why not eat clean Pizza?

Here's the crust...

Make makes that clean vs a pizza you get at a pizza shop?

And are
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I LOVE cheese!!! Mmmm

And I eat it every day. Fat, protein, calcium, and my taste buds thank me.
  • das_160
    Options
    Excellent job! :flowerforyou: I think your boyfriend was testing you. You passed the test. I think, sometimes people don't quite get, it if they are not trying to accomplish something of this matter. You con cord one day. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not the devil.

:devil: :devil: :devil:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat it a few times each week.
    LOVE PIZZA!

The food Nazi's would condemn this, but life is to be lived.
    And I can have these foods while reaching all my goals.

That's the beauty of a realistic, workable program.
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We still have pizza, but we've changed what we put on our pizza, not to mention we now make it at home more often. We stick to a thin crust, easy sauce, very light cheese- never a pepperoni topping- we like spinach and feta with a bunch of other veggies.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why not eat one slice plus a side salad? Losing weight doesn't have to be about deprivation.

I agree...I haven't given up anything...except artifical food :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options

I agree. If you deprive yourself then you are less likely to keep it up. As the old saying goes "a little of what you fancy does you good".

Totally agree. Deprivation diets normally end up in binging later.

This is what I think too! MFP is about lifestyle change not dieting. If you can limit yourself to 1 serving (aka 1 slice) of pizza and mix in a nice salad with it then it is good meal without depriving yourself.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Holy hell.

Pizza every so often won't kill you or your diet.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Why not eat clean Pizza?

Here's the crust...

I clean all my foods before I eat them. Windex works really well.

Yep. All of my food gets a good washing before it's eaten here, too. If you don't have windex, bleach also works in a pinch. :flowerforyou:

Seriously... there is nothing wrong with having a slice (or even two) of pizza if you work it into your day. And sometimes having a day where not everything works out isn't going to kill you, either.
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, I didn't mention it in my post but for a months time until I get myself back on a steady workout regime , I am limiting myself from eating the foods I normally eat way more than I need to. I still allow myself to eat non-leavened breads and wheat crackers, flat breads. I also eat little amounts of cheese with meals. I really like the suggestion someone made to made my own little pizzas with flat bread and spinach and light cheese.. If I were planning that and had the proper ingredients I would have definetly made something healthier and similar to what my boyfriend was eating.

I was very happy that I over came my urge to eat it and thank you for your input or opinion :)