I almost ate pizza!!! :(

Options

Replies

• br0seidon
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating a slice of pizza. Remember - it's not what you eat, but how much you eat.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Why not eat one slice plus a side salad? Losing weight doesn't have to be about deprivation.

Exactly
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    just because he declined pizza doesnt mean he is depriving himself, more about training himself to eat right..pizza is delicious and may people including myself have a carb addiction..its hard to have one slice of pizza. some dont have the control power to eat just one slice and wind up eating 3 or 4 slices.

not that pizza is bad for you..it has nutrients in it depending on what you top it with, but again. some feel they will fall off the bandwagon if they eat something they crave because of the carb addiction so again not a bad thing that he declined
  • enadolny1
    Options
    good job, I was tempted by pizza today myself...had some stir fried veggies instead.
    :smile:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Why not eat one slice plus a side salad? Losing weight doesn't have to be about deprivation.

agree
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good Job staying strong!, its hard but you have the willpower to keep avoiding the bad foods until you reach your goal weight!

13836506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Good job on not eating it...But it's not going to be the end of the world if you did have a slice...It's not going to kill you [well unless its poisoned? lol]
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sheesh... I eat pizza all the time - and not just one slice. (Usually I do three slices of my awesome, homemade pepperoni pizza. I make the sauce and crust from scratch) I didn't know that eating pizza was against MFP rules. j/k

And honestly, eating pizza hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. I just plan it into my calories and enjoy every single bite.
  • jsnearly
    Options
    1 cheat meal a week doesn't hurt
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think you did great by not eating the pizza. I actually cannot believe people are saying you should have had the pizza! I think i read someone say " You should have ate the pizza bc now you will give into your cravings" If that was true..you would have ate it!

Our bodies are not meant to eat processed foods. Eventually after not eating processed foods, your stomach will shrink and your body will not hold so much sodium. I agree in having a cheat meal every now and then but you should still PLAN your cheat meal and not devour something bc your hungry.

Congrats are being strong. These types of actions will bring your results!

I know it was in my best interest also because its a very fatty choice of a meal... I would have definetly regretted it afterwards not only because I gave in so quickly to a goal i had made not to eat those certain things.. plus I would have regretted it because It would have agravated my stomach and give me bad indigestion.. :) Thanks for your support. :)
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You make it sound like eating a slice of pizza is a crime or something. What is wrong with having a slice with a big salad. You need to make it fit into your plan. What we do that works out great is that we buy the whole wheat pizza dough in the bakery section of our supermarket, make it at home and decide what toppings we want. We usually split the dough so my hubby can make his with what he likes and I can have what I like. Measure and weigh it all and now you don't feel deprived and it is something fun you can do together. DO NOT deprive yourself of anything or else this won't work long term for you.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    pizza.jpg
  • jenslife82
    Options

This....^^^^ This is your life and NOT a diet. It isn't about deprivation. It is more about moderation. Having a slice of pizza isn't the end of the world. You can't live your life having foods that are off limits or telling yourself "No! You can't have _____". This will lead to resentment and eventually? You'll likely have a big ole binge on all the "No" foods.
    If only being healthy meant quitting one food forever lol. If quitting even 5 foods could make me thin healthy and beautiful I probably could handle that and wouldn't have any resentment. I feel like the jist of the post was saying no to a trigger food that could have ended in more calories than u were willing to part with. Good for you for following through with your personal conviction. And def check out low cal/low carb/low fat pizza recipes that you could have often that will be good for you and your boyfriend :)
  • jenslife82
    Options
    pizza.jpg
    Debating on whether this was meant to be mean or a healthy pizza?? Dripping with cheese is high calorie even if it is low fat..
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

100% agree. When you realise this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change, you realise that depriving yourself just leads to a binge later on. Eat the things you want like pizza etc.. just eat smaller portions and in moderation or make a healthier version of the thing you want (eg. cook your own pizza with wholemeal pita bread, antipasto and grilled chicken, yum!)
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    pizza.jpg

Ooooh! Pizza pron!
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to keep options around so I can still enjoy the things I like without feeling like I have to fight temptation at every turn. Like I'll keep some of the Lean Cuisine individually portioned pizzas in the house and every once in awhile have one for lunch. Easy portion control, no leftovers tempting me, and I get to enjoy something I like. Or I'll make a lower-cal version using a tortilla and measure out the things I add to it so I don't go overboard. I have to agree with the 'this is a lifestyle change, not a diet' sentiment - any time I've tried to 'diet' in the past I've failed b/c of temptation. With MFP and calorie tracking I don't have to give up everything, I just have to learn moderation. Moderation might mean a smaller portion size, not eating a particular food quite as often, or adjusting other parts of my day when I want to fit something in. There are lots of ways to make it work without ruining all your efforts, it just takes a little extra planning. Maybe the next time he wants pizza, you guys can make individual pizzas at home and that way you can control what goes onto yours and how many calories it has, so that you can still enjoy the meal with him but have yours YOUR way so that it works with your plan.

ETA: I forgot, there are actually some pretty decent recipes out there that use alternatives to the crust - like cauliflower or zucchini crust (might be right up your alley especially since you like cauliflower :-) ) or even miniature eggplant pizzas. There are ways that you can still get that 'pizza' flavor without taking the hit from the grease and high calories, if you get a little creative. :-)

I do agree your boyfriend should be more supportive and not try to tempt you if he knows you're trying to avoid certain things.

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't really planned at all. We were at his parents and his mom had brought home pizza - So, it wasn't that he wasn't supportive just that it was easy to just say.. have some . I am happy you gave me a few ideas of what i can do as an alternative (re: cauliflower & eggplant.)
  • rahonda28
    Options
    Good job you know what your weeknesses are and you over came them that makes you very strong. I also beleive in calories in calories out but that dosent mean Im going to eat cake all day for my calories (my weekness) and no healthy foods and exersize my butt off It doesnt work that way moderation is the key.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration, and good job on resisting! It seems you're more concerned with "ruining" your diet by having 2 of the forbidden foods at once than it simply just being pizza. I get that.

The cheese is my weakness, too. Particularly on pizza. I made myself go to the gym before the last time I ate pizza so I wouldn't feel as bad about it- look up the calories, burn at least half of that, eat it, and feel a little less guilty.

Maybe try making pizza yourself to make it healthier. I know a friend (who is insane) and has cheeseless pizza, which may be an option if you want to make it a "just bread" offense, but another option is zucchini or eggplant pizza- use thick slices of the veggie, topped with sauce, cheese, and the pizza toppings, as pizza.

I agree that forbidding certain things long term could potentially backfire, but if you are trying to stop temporarily and then ease into having small amounts as a rare treat, that totally makes sense. Then again, I'm just one of those people for whom no-carb, no-cheese diets would completely fail.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    pizza.jpg

Is that clean or dirty? I can't tell...