What do you eat when you're ravenous and only have 100 cals

Options
1235»

Replies

• deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you are that hungry try any flavor of Greek yogurt and a small apple. The high protein in the Greek yogurt and the fiber from the apple will keep you full and satisfied. Greek Yogurt depending on brand has about 140 calories and a small apple has 55-60 calories so you will be 100 calories over but will feel much better having protein and fiber in your snack. You can then go for a 30 min brisk walk and feel energized as well. Remember to drink plenty of water throughout your day and with your meals and snacks because this will keep your stomach from feeling so empty. Also drinking plenty of water will fill you up and you will eat less cutting down on your calorie intake.

Use this link to figure out how many calories you would burn in a 30 min brisk walk by adding your weight
    http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/calories_burned.asp
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Something with protein. Either an ounce of cheese, a handful of almonds, a scoop of cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg. Works every time!
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ok im not sure if anyone has said this yet or not ..but i found these noodles ..they are made from konjac root .and they have zero calories, zero carbs, ZERO everything lmao ...you can read about them at nooodles.com ....i put popcorn seasonings on them ...and i eat a bag ...and if im still hungry i eat another bag :) ..hope that helps ...

I just check the site out. I am picking up a bag to try out on my way home from work lol!
  • ShrinkyDinkie
    Options
    i agree. the 100 calorie packs of popcorn take forever to eat and will definitely fill you up.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ok im not sure if anyone has said this yet or not ..but i found these noodles ..they are made from konjac root .and they have zero calories, zero carbs, ZERO everything lmao ...you can read about them at nooodles.com ....i put popcorn seasonings on them ...and i eat a bag ...and if im still hungry i eat another bag :) ..hope that helps ...

I'm so jealous! Nothing like this in NZ.
    I wonder if they'd post internationally..............
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I'm so jealous! Nothing like this in NZ.
    I wonder if they'd post internationally..............

Shirataki noodles- check your local asian store :wink:
  • angela72023
    Options
    I.will go for a brisk 20-30 minute walk to get more calories. I figure if I don't have the energy to to that I don't. Need to eat!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    a boiled egg... i find they really fill me up. i cook about 8 at a time and leave them in the fridge so when i'm starving, i just peel and eat cold.

i eat a boiled egg every morning for breaky.
  • ilovegod25
    Options
    I EAT A YOGHURT OR A SPECIAL K BAR
    -FIBER one
    -yoplait greek
    OR ACTIVIA
  • Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese or peanut butter. It's all about the protein, baby!
  • ellyvortex
    Options
    A bowl of high fiber cereal (70 calories for 1/2 cup) with almond milk (20 calories for 1/2 cup). Super filling, and for some reason putting together cereal feels like "cooking" or "making food", not just opening a bag :)
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Celery - cause it takes more calories to eat it than you are taking in, and Hummus or cottage cheese! Protein and low fat!
  • ambermorin77
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of skim milk. It holds me over for awhile!
  • AshleyMiss
    Options
    I can honestly say I have not been 'ravenous' since I started my lifestyle change....I am making sure to eat healthy, whole foods, protein and watching caloric intake. I suggest to take a look at all the food choices you are making and see where, perhaps, you could make some choice changes that will make you feel fuller between your meals. I would also suggest consuming a high fiber snack mid-morning so that you do not eat up all your calories by dinner and end up with only 100 to spare, or so. Also, if you are able, I would also suggest exercising....the more calories you burn and log your activity then you have the opportunity to earn more calories. Me, personally, I do not consume all of my calories just because I do not want to maintain my current weight.. Some food choices I have found to fill me up are, for example, at breakfast: steel oats with raisins, flax seed, sliced raw almonds, fresh ground cinnamon and 1% organic milk. The body takes longer to break down the steel oats because they are a whole grain. I don't know...just a suggestion! :) Hope some of this helps ya out.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    veggies
  • cchj123
    Options
    I eat! I find that a hard boiled egg satisfies my appetite but so does a small bowl of rice crackers.:smile: