What was you and your husband/wifes first dace song when you

Options
Hello everyone :) I was just reminiscing about my wedding just over 5 months ago, and thought i'd ask

what was you and your husband/wifes first dance? and why did you choose it?

We were not sure what to choose at the beginning, so eventually we came to a compromise, i told my husband to choose a band and i would choose a song from them, So in the end our song was 'Nothing else matters' - from Metallica :-D

Replies

• asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Unchained Melody-- our first date was to see GHOST
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ours was Bon Jovi's Thank You (for loving me)..always makes me tingle, I hope it always will :)
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Unchained Melody-- our first date was to see GHOST

Awh thats lovely! Thats a great film!
  • Lambiii
    Options
    Ours was Bon Jovi's Thank You (for loving me)..always makes me tingle, I hope it always will :)

Great song :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    "I'm Still a Guy" by Brad Paisley... totally fits us.:blushing:
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i've had the time of my life from dirty dancing. it was the song we were dancing to when he first told me he loved me. :D
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was just married in November 2011. Our song was Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not by Thompson Square. We battled and battled for weeks over our first dance song, then one day we were driving down the road and this came over the radio. I knew it was it and he agreed.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I got married in January 2011. we just celebrated our first anniversary. Our first dance song was Bad Romance from Lady Gaga.
  • Lambiii
    Options
    Great songs :) Another one i had considered was, My best friend - Tim McGraw.. Looove that song!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I got married in January 2011. we just celebrated our first anniversary. Our first dance song was Bad Romance from Lady Gaga.

That's awesome.

Ours was Across the Universe by the Beatles.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    George Strait's I Cross my Heart.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hero - Enrique Iglesias
  • EleBran
    EleBran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We had 'Strange Currencies' by REM. Chose the night before our wedding from out 6 possibilities ha :)
  • yummymummy080911
    Options
    we got married in August 2009 and our first dance was Now and Forever by Richard Marx s it sums up our relationship to the tee x
  • jrow0524
    Options
    I love you for sentimental Reasons - Nat King Cole. It's just a beautiful song and we both loved it. If I had to pick again though, I'd pick Love of My Life by Dave Matthews and Santana.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    We eloped in Gatlinburg, so there was no wedding song, but our song is "Heaven" by Warrant. When we were still dating it was the first song we ever danced to.
  • mythryl
    mythryl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    almost 19 years ago, Island of Life by Jon Anderson and Kitaro
  • katiedesormeau
    Options
    I am getting married in August and i am a singer... so i of course had a song picked right away... Little moments by Brad Paisley. My fiancee then suggested to me (which is totally out of character, he's one of the whatever you want guys) Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band. He also asked my friend to sing it at our wedding.... so I can't wait!!!!!!!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    'Here I am' by Bryan Adams, December 2010 :love:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We will be celebrating 19 years in April, Our song is the love theme from the movie "Chances Are"..."After All" by Peter Cetera and Cher.