What was you and your husband/wifes first dace song when you

Options

Replies

• Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    True Companion by Marc Cohen............You just HAVE to listen to it!!!!!!!!!:)

This was ours too! I was always amazed more people didn't use it....the words are so appropriate.

Just listened to it, such a beautiful song!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.

Love time after time!

This was our wedding party song!:)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • allangate
    Options
    Phyllis Nelson - Move Closer
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    our first dance was@ robbie williams, angels. the song means alot to us. was amazing how everyone sang it too!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    our first dance was@ robbie williams, angels. the song means alot to us. was amazing how everyone sang it too!

Awwh that sounds beautiful!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Mine will be a 2-part answer.

In light of the 'douchy DJ' I felt compelled to share this with you all. My previous marriage was in August of 1986. My Mom passed away from cancer in November 1984, so it was still a very bittersweet event. My dance song in question is my Dad-Daughter dance. My name is "Donna" and my Dad and Mom named me for the Richie Valens song "Donna" (you know..."Oh, Donna...), so we were supposed to dance to that song. I thought it was appropriate and I love the song anyway.So we had hired a DJ from a local radio station and OBVIOUSLY we told him our choice for Dad-Daughter dance. Well, the (may I borrow the term?) DOUCHE DJ "forgot" the song, so when I got up to dance with Dad, Joe Cocker's "You are so Beautiful to Me" started playing. Well, me, my Mom and Dad used to make mention of how much we hated that song. *I* spent the entire dance crying like a baby. Missing my Mom on my special day and my song NOT being my song. UGH!

FAST FORWARD TO SUBSEQUENT MARRIAGE ON JUNE 14, 2003 (Flag Day...hubby says he would NEVER forget the date, as there would always be a flag on that date on all calendars!!)

We chose Mark Wills "I Do Cherish You". My husband is one who eats, sleeps, and breathes fishing, I thought it was fitting to play a well-deserved payback prank. We were all lovey-dovey-doe-eyed-gaga over each other ready to dance to Mark Wills, and my AWESOMER-THAN-AWESOME DJ played the FIRST song I chose: Brad Paisley's The Fishing Song (I'm Gonna Miss Her). After 3 years of constant pranks by him on ME...I was finally able to yell; "GOTCHA!!" Wow, I really did "GET HIM!"

Guys: can you relate? Better yet, FISHING WIDOWS, can YOU relate?
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Brian Adams "Evrything I do, I do it for you".

Yeah, I know... Cheesy!!
  • rwozzie
    rwozzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Our first dance song was First day of my life by Bright Eyes. I still love that song no matter how many times I hear it. Oh and the video is super cute so you should watch it if you are in need of something to brighten your day. :)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    In a Country Churchyard - Chris deBurgh

We celebrate our 30 year anniversary this August.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me and You by Kenny Chesney... still love that song 9 years later :)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    You're All I need. Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell. I love that song. Now we are getting a divorce. hmmm, I miss that song!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just celebrated our 4th anniversary earlier this month. We danced to Ingrid Michaelson "the way I am"
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    "I'll Always Be Right There" by Bryan Adams

....I just wish he had meant it (we're divorced now)

Still a great wedding song though. :heart:

13680624.png
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I got married in January 2011. we just celebrated our first anniversary. Our first dance song was Bad Romance from Lady Gaga.

That's awesome.

Ours was Across the Universe by the Beatles.

Love, love, love The Beatles.
  • piercedbeauty21
    Options
    Amazed - By Lonestar

We're coming up on our 5 year wedding anniversary on 07-07-12. I'm hoping I'm at least 25lbs lighter by then.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ours was Sunshine by Nazareth
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ours was Moonlight - Bob Dylan. (My hub is a HUGE Dylan fan!!)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    "I believe in You and Me" by Whitney Houston. And we were good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When I see you smile- Bad English