Bread substitute

Options

Replies

• msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Earth Grains 35 calorie vegetable fiber bread. White and Wheat.
  • koalabanana
    koalabanana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weightwatchers have their own range in most supermarkets!
    They do wraps and pittas for 100 calories each!
    I am like you, I loveeee bread, but I cant stop at 1slice, I can eat a loaf to myself haha! So I just have eliminated bread, but I use the wraps/pittas, and ricecakes are lovely too!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    these work for me

Wasa - Crisp'n Light 7 Grain Crackerbread, 3 slices 60calories
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bread from coconut flour
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-flour/#axzz1jjHSVchY

You can also make bread or pizza dough from cauliflowers.....just google cauliflower crust for so many different recipes.

I'm eating primal, so I'm not eating bread either. This website has lots of different info and recipes.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1jjHt9aXH
  • LadyG33
    LadyG33 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love to use whole wheat tortillas. Works great as a substitute. I use it for pizza also.
  • raynell1972
    raynell1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eating a lettuce wrap instead of a sandwich. They are pretty good. Just put whatever you would put on a sandwich and wrap in large lettuce leaves.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I eat Weight Watchers whole wheat bread. 40 calories per slice. Or Nature's Own No HFCS Whole wheat for 50 calories a slice. I also use Xtreme Wellness High Fiber/low carb tortilla wraps. They're really good. 71 calories, 12 g fiber, 8 g protein.
  • yag1630
    yag1630 Posts: 92
    Options
    It's better to eat wheat bread than a white bread because it is low in calorie. At the same time don't over eat.
    :happy:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ the my wife buys white bread comment.

Ya know, you have the option of stopping by the grocery store and picking up some healthy stuff yourself. :bigsmile:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It's better to eat wheat bread than a white bread because it is low in calorie. At the same time don't over eat.

i've seen low calorie white breads as well...
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    eat bread...eat lots of it...lol try and eat more rye, or even better sour rye (viking brand makes a sour rye in canada and you can get it at loblaws) or whole grains, whole wheat. sour dough, etc Check the Glycemic index website for more breads low in GI rating.
  • lalinzki
    lalinzki Posts: 121
    Options
    ASWOME GUYS
  • lalinzki
    Options
    I Guess BROSCIENCE is don't know nothing LOL

English por favor

Broscience

Broscience is the predominant brand of reasoning in bodybuilding circles where the anecdotal reports of jacked dudes are considered more credible than scientific research

What I mean was that Broscience is B.S. basically..sorry for the typo..

I didn't know I typed in Spanish!..LOL
  • lalinzki
    Options

Ya know, you have the option of stopping by the grocery store and picking up some healthy stuff yourself. :bigsmile:

Yeah I should but I don't I'll make that my top do to list! :)
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    white bread has a high GI rating, which means it spikes your blood sugar level up high...a lot of carbs like this can lead to fat storage and diabetes. You CAN offset this by eating a High GI rating carb with a low GI rated card b (eg strawberries, raspberries, oatmeal, yogurt, milk, etc) when you eat a High GI food with a low Gi food it gives your meal an overall medium GI rating...proteins and carbs also do this...which is why its important to get protein carbs and fat at every meal. If you can keep your blood sugar level down between 5 and 10, your golden. (the only way to double check that is a blood level monitor, but the majority of your carbs come from foods low on the GI charts....you can be pretty sure you're in check!)
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that an idea to cut out calories with sandwhiches is to do an open faced sandwhich...just one slide of bread.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Yeah I should but I don't I'll make that my top do to list! :)

LMAO, I hear ya. Its funny, my husband would rather not stop and get a loaf of bread, but if he needs beer, he will make a run in a snow storm (I am teetotaler, 100% alcohol free so I do not purchase it for him)
  • MsEbony619
    Options
    I LOVE bread as well. I use whole wheat tortillas to make wraps instead of sandwiches and I also eat the Melba Toast for the toast like feel. Doesn't take the place of bread but I know I have to do what I have to do. lol
  • markaholden
    markaholden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just remember, calories come from many different things. Eating white bread to get less calories might actually be worse for you than eating a whole grain with lots of fiber and more calories. Don't skimp on your fiber!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread isn't always lower in calories.
    Not all wheat breads are healthier than white. You need to look for whole grain, nothing enriched or refined. They will have higher fiber and sometimes protein.