I read a popular site that says 1.5 is advanced 1.8 elite
I am striving for 2x.

So what do you ladies/fellas think?

hit me with some numbers!

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    214lbs benching 265, tried for 315 yesterday I'm close but not yet. I could probably get something a little lower, but i like bigger pr jumps, just my preference.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    214 setting 265? Pertty strong! Thats some weight clanging there!
  • addisondisease
    Options
    my other stats:

Squat 315lbs
    Dead-Lift 405lbs
    Snatch: 185lbs
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    You know what pisses me right off! MY DEADS!
    UGH!

Squat 405, Bench 325, Shoulder press 300, Dips with 4 45's
    Deadlift? 365!!! UGH

Nice numbers brotha
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I can squat 40. HAHA. Nothing like y'all, but I'll be there one day. I'm only about 2.5 weeks into learning to lift. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My max is about 1.5x my weight, I bang out 4-5 reps at 1.35xbw, according to bb.com my 1 rep max should be 1.54 xBW, a bit higher then what I have it at.
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Weight 200 lbs, my working bench weight right now is 235 on my last 2 sets of 10. I usually do 185 x10 to warm up, 225 x10, then 235 x 10 x 2 sets. I'm going to move the last set up to 245 during my next BP day on Thursday. BB.com estimates my 1RM to be 313, but I haven't tried lifting that.

Squat - 305
    DL - 410
  • addisondisease
    Options
    That is ODD! your dead should always be your biggest lift.

I wonder if you are setting up with your hips too low. It isn't a squat depth, you want to be higher with your hips.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think 2x is Elite status.
  • monty_williams
    Options
    225 was a big milestone for me. 2 45's on each side was a mental picture of strength when I first started lifting. I suppose 3 45's (315) will be the next one.
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I can squat 40. HAHA. Nothing like y'all, but I'll be there one day. I'm only about 2.5 weeks into learning to lift. :)

Congrats on the greatest decision of your life. I done alot of things but none have been more consistent then lifting weights. Just something gratiying about it I can't quite explain
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    Weight 200 lbs, my working bench weight right now is 235 on my last 2 sets of 10. I usually do 185 x10 to warm up, 225 x10, then 235 x 10 x 2 sets. I'm going to move the last set up to 245 during my next BP day on Thursday. BB.com estimates my 1RM to be 313, but I haven't tried lifting that.

Squat - 305
    DL - 410

So crazy the 1 RM is. You can't quite explain it. YOu will crush me on your high reps but I Can clean up the 315 easily.
    So fascinating to me. I couldn't do 235x10
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    225 was a big milestone for me. 2 45's on each side was a mental picture of strength when I first started lifting. I suppose 3 45's (315) will be the next one.

3 45's on each side is nice. Elite I believe. Nice work on getting the first milestone
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Thanks. I only got serious about lifting 6 months ago. I lift at home, usually by myself, so I wasn't able to lift "heavy" for safety reasons until I bought a power rack last year. I went from 155 max to where I'm at now in that time.

There was a poll in Men's Health last month and most readers considered 225 "strong", again cause it's 2 45's each side I guess.
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    Not even 1x my bw for bench. I tried it out last about 4 months ago and got 120 up. Once my cut is over this summer, my plan is to work on getting to the big boy plates. Right now I am just working on dead hang pull ups. My back and shoulders strength keeps increasing while my squats have taken a huge hit. I was able to squat 190 with some left in the tank...now, if the calculator is correct I would be at 155-160 :( I suck at deadlifting....I just started about 3 months ago and have stopped since I started to take my cut more seriously. I was only able to deadlift 185 before I stopped. Overhead press is 80 pounds.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options

Congrats on the greatest decision of your life. I done alot of things but none have been more consistent then lifting weights. Just something gratiying about it I can't quite explain

I love it so far. Nothing has ever made me feel so strong and accomplished.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    When the bar bends sitting in the rack thats when you have arrived. Twice your body weight is very good. The first time I racked 5 45's on both sides, we stepped back and just looked at the bar arching in the rack. We looked at each other and said hell yeah thats big boy weight. Never could double body weight, came real close but no cigar.
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    When the bar bends sitting in the rack thats when you have arrived. Twice your body weight is very good. The first time I racked 5 45's on both sides, we stepped back and just looked at the bar arching in the rack. We looked at each other and said hell yeah thats big boy weight. Never could double body weight, came real close but no cigar.

5 45s on each size no matter what is madness. MADNESS!
    JESUS!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have a niece(18) plays D1 Fastpitch softball, benches 165, squats 350. Crushes homeruns to the next zip code. Hoping my daughter will be as strong, she works out at the gym with me. By the way my niece was prom queen 8 months ago so who says you can't be beautiful and strong.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm 162 and my 1RM right now is around 190-200. I got a ways to go before I hit that 240 mark, right now I need my other connecting tissues and supporting structures to keep up.