I can only bench 90 pounds :C
    stats: 119 lbs and 5ft3

Other stats:
    Squat- 170
    Dead - 225
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have too many injuries to attempt Bench press by myself, so I always wait until I have a partner. As for numbers, it is all a matter of what you are training for. I have one friend who can drop and do 100 push ups anytime, and another who needs a spotter on both sides of a barbell. I lift for power, and here are the numbers that I am up to now.

Dumbbell Chest Press 100lbs
    Squat Last 1 rep Max was 450
    Deads not my strongest, too many back issues. 315.
  • SixPackIsMyGoal
    SixPackIsMyGoal Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Some impressive numbers... I'm way behind. I weigh 205.

Bench 275 (incline bench 245)
    Squat 305
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as you are improving you lifts then you are doing great, regardless of what weight you do. There are many different things to consider when somebody goes for a max lift.

When I was in high school many moons ago, this was always the question "Hey dude, how much you bench... "

Now, I really am not sure what my max is and don't particularly care too much atm.

But if I had to guess probably in the 225-240 range at a bodyweight of 154.4
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    At the peak of my lifting career (about 15 years ago) I did 340 @ 180, which gives me a 1.89 ratio.

I haven't picked up a bar in years, I'm not sure if I could put up 200 now.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    If you did it the right way it would come back faster than you think.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My 1RM is 55kg / 110lbs
    My next main goal is 60kg as that's 1 plate each side, but I'd really love 1x body weight! (68kg)

I've heard the standard for men benching (what is good) is 1 x body weight, but I wouldn't call that "elite". I haven't a clue what is seen as good or elite for a woman, I just do the best I can :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My max ever which was years ago was 330 at 1 rep and I weighed in at 220. This past spring it was 285 and I weighed in at 185.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as you are improving you lifts then you are doing great, regardless of what weight you do. There are many different things to consider when somebody goes for a max lift.

When I was in high school many moons ago, this was always the question "Hey dude, how much you bench... "

Now, I really am not sure what my max is and don't particularly care too much atm.

Sorry disagree. Its the ultimate gauge of strength. Now if you choose not to for one reason or another fine.
    ButI gauge myself on this main lift. Also Deads, Sqauts, Chins, Dips. You gotta be rounded but if you bench double your body weight your sick strong.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Leave it to Mfredo to ask what your numbers are. lol You already know where I am at.....100lb dumbells for 19 at a bodyweight of 205. Not sure what I would get on barbell. Last time I was doing it all the time I did 225 for 19. Don't really go heavy anymore.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Leave it to Mfredo to ask what your numbers are. lol You already know where I am at.....100lb dumbells for 19 at a bodyweight of 205. Not sure what I would get on barbell. Last time I was doing it all the time I did 225 for 19. Don't really go heavy anymore.

He is looking for more lifting friends. lol
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Lifting is so much fun! I wish more people took it more seriously at my gym, instead of just curling and shrugging all the time.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

He is looking for more lifting friends. lol

You can never have enough muscle in one thread! LOL

King numbers are NICE! 225 for 19!!!! WHAT
    But Zilla. I will do nothing but dream of a bar that bends! LOL
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Interim goal after shoulder recovery is 1.5x bw for me. I suck at benching anyway.

And after doing a proper power lifting comp with a full paused bench, the difference is incredible.

At the end of the day, any progress is good though.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Weight: 170
    Max Bench: 265

That's about 1.5x or Advanced for me
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I think 2x is Elite status.

it is.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Sorry disagree. Its the ultimate gauge of strength. Now if you choose not to for one reason or another fine.
    ButI gauge myself on this main lift. Also Deads, Sqauts, Chins, Dips. You gotta be rounded but if you bench double your body weight your sick strong.

It's by no means "the ultimate gauge of strength" in my opinion....... Notice how I say "in my opinion".
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some high numbers on this site!
    My shoulders dont let me bench high anymore, 225 for reps is my cap now
    My knees dont let me squat anymore.......outside of a smith machine.....used to rep 405 for sets.........
    Can still deadlift, but i superset it with chins to speed up my back day........so i cap that at 275 after chins.
    So my heavy days are over.........

In HS I deadlifted 380lbs in competition in the under 148lb weight class..........dont think i could get it off the ground today at 200lbs.......
  • bigfrank2
    Options
    My Squat max is 405 X 3. My DL max is 315 x 3 and my Bench max is 215 x 3.

My goal is to total 1000, from the 3 lifs by Aug 20, 2012 when I turn 50!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Turn 48 this Thursday and have watched my strength diminish slowly. I don't do 1RM's and haven't since my mid 20's since I'm more about building physique.
    So I suck compared to most everyone here, but I can still:

Incline bench- 205 for 6-8 reps (flat bench hurts my shoulder)

Squat- 265 for 6-8 reps

Deadlift- 325 for 6 reps

All at a bodyweight of 180-185lbs

Not too bad for an "old man".

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition