HCG diet, anyone?

Options

Replies

• torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No one here was trying to bash...but the diet is not good and they make money off of people with empty promises. The natural way is always better.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love the people who assume that there is no work involved while taking HCG. I started the stuff on Tuesday and have been to hell and back on a damn emotional roller coaster because I am a compulsive eater. I see food I want it...I didnt eat ANYTHING at my husbands birthday party, the day after I got off my binging days. So to all of you who say "it's for lazy people" miff off ok? Yeah, it's a diet assistant...just like Hydroxicut, or Alli, or any of the other diet pills THAT HAVE WORKED FOR OTHER PEOPLE. Just because they didnt work for YOU or through scientific tests and studies does not mean they do not work. Anorexia and Bulimia WORK, why? Because I was bulimic, no it's not healthy...by no means am I condoning my teenage actions, but for crying out...

Just because science says something does that make it completely correct? How much stuff have they gone back and retested only to find that their 'inadequate tests' were done all wrong and that the stuff either existed or actually worked? So seriously...Ive seen this diet work for many people, some people NEED instant gratification with weight loss or the vicious cycle of depression and destruction continues. I am one of those people, I have tried eating right, and exercising...I would spend 2-3 hours in a gym and eat 1000 calories and lose nothing! And if I say something to anyone they automatically become self righteous and say I'm doing something wrong. Oh I'm sorry...let me bow down to your awesome knowledge!

I'm sorry...but after being a part of the Ana/Mia community...a lot of people here are not very accepting of someone else's choices. Yes letting someone know of the potential dangers is great, thank you for your concerns! But telling someone that the choices they are making are plain out WRONG...well that makes you look like a jerk. My body is not your body...what works for you may not work for me and vice versa.

I am on HCG, and I made the conscious choice after months of researching it and how it affected people. Got to watch the diet work for my aunt who lives right up the street from me and 3 friends who I see on a weekly basis. 500 Calories diets are dangerous because they destroy lean muscle mass....HCG is produced by pregnant women to protect the unborn fetus...if the mother goes into starvation the fat cells are broken down to protect the fetus and the mother. It is a naturally produced hormone from the human body...and it's not like you take the thing by the gallon, no...50ml per day in the drops, which I believe are diluted slightly. So to the OP and anyone else on HCG, add me, we can support each other since not many other people want to accept the fact that there are different ways of doing things, and just because they dont agree it must be wrong...because science/goverment/whoever says so.

I will agree with you that everyone is different. However, this "lifestyle" change we have all accepted does not need to be so restrictive. When proper diet and exercise is implemented (calorie deficit, macros inline) then there is no reason why you would have to turn down that cake. People stop trying to better themselves when they deem the nutrition part of the new lifestyle is too difficult, i.e. restrictive and not fun. This should be a great time of your life while you are improving yourself. Not making yourself miserable deciding what not to eat.

See the thing is, I am already taking more away from this than just weight loss...it's the fact that I CAN live without cake...I dont NEED to have chocolate every day...and that fast food and all that junk that got me where I am...I DO NOT need it. Yes...I want it...yes...I know it tastes good....but (to quote my former self) "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels". The first week was hell with mind games and desires for all the foods I cant have while on this diet. But now...I'm happy eating the foods on the list, because I know that once this diet is over, I'll be able to implement that eating into my every day routine. Yes I can have some bread...just not the whole loaf if we go to an italian restaurant. Nutrition wasnt my problem before when dieting...I could easily eat my 1200 calories and lower if I wanted....the problem was that I need to see the weight go away...I need to see that number changing...and this all traces back to my bulimia days...and this mentality will never leave me. The numbers and inches are important to me, and make it hard for me to do the standard diet. The HCG works...it makes the numbers change at the rate I need them to change. After the HCG, I'm going to continue to eat what is right and moderate what is bad for me, and have that treat every once in a while.
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    IMHO, I would not go with this diet. MFP shows you that small changes can create a better lifestyle for you. I have been so impressed with what I never thought I could accomplish in 4 short months. As I approach my goal, I have slowed my weight loss to do a "soft landing" into maintenance. I venture to say another 6 months, and I'll be where I want to be.

This diet is just like any other diet, a quick fix where you will end up right back where you started if not more. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Anything worth doing takes time to do right.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ...but after being a part of the Ana/Mia community...

You can stop right there. This statement completely voids your defense of a 500 calorie diet.

Injecting or injesting a hormone derived from the urine of pregnant humans solely for vanity is just plain out dangerous and stupid.

Excuse you, I have not been Mia since I was in high school over 12 years ago. Thanks. I think your ignorance completely voids your statement. Solely for vanity? No...not for vanity...for many other reasons. Because my health is deteriorating because I have diabetes II and PCOS, I suffer from depression because of this. And I have no one to blame but myself, and I'm sorry, but the way you just judged me...you can take your advice and shove it.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Snaps!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    WOW! I was looking for support, not bashing... I need to lose 25 lbs, not 10 (10 kg is TOTALLY not the same as 10 lbs). I guess I will abandon my own topic, now! How weird is that?

Actually I thought the responses were pretty tame compared to some other threads that have popped up on this topic. Just do your research first. People may seem harsh but it's because we really believe this diet program is dangerous.

I think the only reason its "Tame" is because some of the responses have been deleted.

My response was deleted but truthfully you can lose weight at 2000 calories if you are active. I cant wrap my head around why someone would want to be miserable at 500 calories a day unless you are hiding behind some ED issue.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    ...but after being a part of the Ana/Mia community...

You can stop right there. This statement completely voids your defense of a 500 calorie diet.

Injecting or injesting a hormone derived from the urine of pregnant humans solely for vanity is just plain out dangerous and stupid.

Excuse you, I have not been Mia since I was in high school over 12 years ago. Thanks. I think your ignorance completely voids your statement. Solely for vanity? No...not for vanity...for many other reasons. Because my health is deteriorating because I have diabetes II and PCOS, I suffer from depression because of this. And I have no one to blame but myself, and I'm sorry, but the way you just judged me...you can take your advice and shove it.

So you have bad health.... and you think injecting yourself with hormones and denying your body much needed nutrition by restricting yourself to 500 calories a day, essentially starving yourself is going to help. Pretty sure that is considered disordered eating behavior and is NOT going to help your health any.
  • torie079
    Options
    I love the people who assume that there is no work involved while taking HCG. I started the stuff on Tuesday and have been to hell and back on a damn emotional roller coaster because I am a compulsive eater. I see food I want it...I didnt eat ANYTHING at my husbands birthday party, the day after I got off my binging days. So to all of you who say "it's for lazy people" miff off ok? Yeah, it's a diet assistant...just like Hydroxicut, or Alli, or any of the other diet pills THAT HAVE WORKED FOR OTHER PEOPLE. Just because they didnt work for YOU or through scientific tests and studies does not mean they do not work. Anorexia and Bulimia WORK, why? Because I was bulimic, no it's not healthy...by no means am I condoning my teenage actions, but for crying out...

Just because science says something does that make it completely correct? How much stuff have they gone back and retested only to find that their 'inadequate tests' were done all wrong and that the stuff either existed or actually worked? So seriously...Ive seen this diet work for many people, some people NEED instant gratification with weight loss or the vicious cycle of depression and destruction continues. I am one of those people, I have tried eating right, and exercising...I would spend 2-3 hours in a gym and eat 1000 calories and lose nothing! And if I say something to anyone they automatically become self righteous and say I'm doing something wrong. Oh I'm sorry...let me bow down to your awesome knowledge!

I'm sorry...but after being a part of the Ana/Mia community...a lot of people here are not very accepting of someone else's choices. Yes letting someone know of the potential dangers is great, thank you for your concerns! But telling someone that the choices they are making are plain out WRONG...well that makes you look like a jerk. My body is not your body...what works for you may not work for me and vice versa.

I am on HCG, and I made the conscious choice after months of researching it and how it affected people. Got to watch the diet work for my aunt who lives right up the street from me and 3 friends who I see on a weekly basis. 500 Calories diets are dangerous because they destroy lean muscle mass....HCG is produced by pregnant women to protect the unborn fetus...if the mother goes into starvation the fat cells are broken down to protect the fetus and the mother. It is a naturally produced hormone from the human body...and it's not like you take the thing by the gallon, no...50ml per day in the drops, which I believe are diluted slightly. So to the OP and anyone else on HCG, add me, we can support each other since not many other people want to accept the fact that there are different ways of doing things, and just because they dont agree it must be wrong...because science/goverment/whoever says so.

The fact is that HGC is not a healthy thing to do...that's a fact. Anorexia makes people loose weight too but it's not healthy is it??? But you think we should just let anorexic people destroy themselves because it's their body. The whole being sarcastic towards the fact that people know what their talking about is ridiculous... They are trying to give her GOOD advice. Loosing weight isn't what is most important! It's about treating our bodies with respect and feeding them in a healthy SAFE way. If it worked for people you know...then woopy doo. But my best friend took the low calorie diet TOO FAR and she's now 100 lbs and TOO SKINNY and pregnant. We are not meant to eat 500 calories a day, 1200 is the lowest one should go. There are FACTS..and I will not support something that is not safe... Why should I support any one doing this horrible unsafe diet?? I won't. I'll tell them that the healthy way is BETTER. That's not a jerk move, that's a common courtesy and down right good thing to do. I know you don't want to hear it, but its the truth.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Just because science says something does that make it completely correct?

Ummm...yes, pretty much. And please don't bring up that tired "scientists used to say the earth was flat" argument. There's a major difference between medieval suppositions and modern research.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    well i used it for a month didnt do anything but **** myself up and it is literally a pregnant womans pee
  • torie079
    Options
    Lol smh
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    well i used it for a month didnt do anything but **** myself up and it is literally a pregnant womans pee

Literally?
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Literally?

Yes, literally. That's what the hormone is derived from.
  • deliak2010
    Options
    Hey girl.. I almost did it as well... until I talked to the Nurse who would give my my first injection, and then she told me I have to inject the others AHHHHH that alone scared me... She also told me..." I i did this diet and was starving all the time" ..

HCG is a placebo... The only reason you are losing weight is because you are only eating 500 calories. I could inject myself with milkshakes and lose weight eating 500 calories.....

I ran far away from the "clinic" and started this fitness pal thing. I'm on 1200 calorie a day diet and in one 1 week have lost almost 5 pounds!!!!!!!

To each there own... but It was not for me

LOL love the bit about injecting yourself with milkshakes haha. That's exactly how I feel about HCG too. And congrats on your weight loss so far and hopefully you have an amazing journey ahead! :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Literally?

Yep. They "literally" have a pregnant woman pee in a "sterile" cup then isolate and remove the hormone and process it for injection or ingestion.
  • Jw9576
    Jw9576 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry but injecting the urine of post menopausal women is enough to just say no!
    I've lost 24 pounds last year ALL through diet and exercise - nothing is impossible and only possible if YOU want it to be.
    Good luck!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Literally?

So they have pregnant women line up and have them pee into a cup and then they Distribute said pee to people??
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    WOW! I was looking for support, not bashing... I need to lose 25 lbs, not 10 (10 kg is TOTALLY not the same as 10 lbs). I guess I will abandon my own topic, now! How weird is that?

Why does your profile ticker say 10 lbs?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Why does your profile ticker say 10 lbs?

I was wondering the same thing! lol. There is an option when you first sign up to make it Kgs instead of Lbs...maybe she missed it?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Here is another thread on it. Simply put, this diet is dangerous and has many adverse effects. The biggest effect is it kills your metabolism because 50% of the weight you lose is muscle. Also, this diet can lead to irritability, brittle nails, hair falling out, and organ issue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356410-hcg-diet
This discussion has been closed.