How do you eat cottage cheese?

Options
I know it's good for you and has a ton of protein and all of that, but i am not a fan. Never have been and have recently been trying very hard to incorporate it into my diet. I know the traditional ways like add some fruit or salt and pepper, but i am looking for a way i can really get into eating it. Any ideas?

Replies

• CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried throwing it on a salad? I know, sounds weird, but it's just like adding Parmesan or any other cheese to it. I LOVE Cottage Cheese, but I've stopped eating it since going Primal, but it's actually an acceptable cheat for the Primal lifestyle. I also know that there are a few dips that you can make and use cottage cheese as an alternative over other cheeses. Hope this helps:0)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Blend it in a smoothie, berries, or cocoa powder & splenda

Cook with it - look for protein pancakes or cottage cheese scrambled eggs
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like it with pineapples.
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    pineapples = win
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and pepper. MMMMM!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I don't....can't stand cottage cheese. Blech!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon right out of the container. Yum! But I guess you either like it or you don't.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love it with fresh fruit, but I also get creative.
    -On a rice cake with avocado
    -I love dipping cereal in it
    -It's great on celery with some garlic
    -On crackers
    -Mixed with oatmeal

I could pretty much eat the stuff with anything and be completely happy :)
  • ntm76
    ntm76 Posts: 25
    Options
    i eat mine with some cinnamon and truvia but I found this recipe today:

ngredients:
    1 cucumber, peeled, halved and seeds scooped out
    3/4 cup cottage cheese
    2 tablespoons basil, chopped
    3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
    Salt and Pepper - to taste

Peel a cucumber - all the way if you want, or just some. I tend to only peel about half of it. That sounds weird. What I mean is that I only take off about every other half inch of skin on the cucumber. Even that sounds weird. You'll just see in the pictures. Anyway, slice it in half and using a spoon scoop out all the seeds. Think ants on a log when you are doing this.

Mix together the cottage cheese, basil, salt and cilantro and fill the hollowed out area. I topped mine with the cracked pepper.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I didn't like it, I would not eat it. But I love it. My favorite is with fresh tomato and black pepper, but many fruits are also good with it.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    with a spoon
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i love eating cottage cheese with pineapple! I love the chive one too. you can cut up some avacado and throw that in there with salt and pepper!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat it if you don't like it!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon :P lol
  • PWanks
    PWanks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've never liked cottage cheese either but here's what I do and I love it: Peel and cut up a cucumber, add a capful of white vinegar, some chopped, fresh dill with salt and lots of pepper. Mix it all up with the cottage cheese and you have a great, protein packed "salad". It's the only way I eat it!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Blend it up with tuna to make a "whip", great for raw veges to dip into. I can't stomach it on its own, the texture grosses me out.
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I like it with salt and pepper - but I also like to put a big scoop of it in my salad. Makes up for the lack of taste in the fat free salad dressing for me.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My family members eat it with fruit, but I prefer my fruit without the cottage cheese. I do use cottage cheese in recipes, such as lasagne and German eggs.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate that stuff plain. I drop some dried cherries in there. It's pretty good.
  • D_Angle
    D_Angle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    with a spoon

^^:laugh: