How do you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know it's good for you and has a ton of protein and all of that, but i am not a fan. Never have been and have recently been trying very hard to incorporate it into my diet. I know the traditional ways like add some fruit or salt and pepper, but i am looking for a way i can really get into eating it. Any ideas?

Over pasta. That's the only other way I know of other than plain.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I used to HATE it, but with pineapple it's SOOOO yummy!! :) Also, my bf eats it with salt and vinegar chips, which is really good, but I tend to steer clear of chips :P
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like it with pineapples.

Yes me too!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I eat it for breakfast with a little splenda in it a little cinnamon and cut up apple. It's delicious. i won't eat it otherwise.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    today for lunch I mixed 1/2-3/4 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 a cut up chicken breast, 1/2 a tomato and 1/4 of an avocado. Mixed it all together. It was a ton of protein and low calorie.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As others have said you might have to like it.
    An old WW caserole was broccoli, egg noodles, cottage cheese, low fat cheese - layer in that order - bake until cheese is nice and bubbly...I modify and do steamed veggies and 1/2 cup cottage cheese for breakfast.
    Today I had cottage cheese mixed in my instant grits - don't ask I'm weird but it was a huge yummy treat for me.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mixing it with applesauce and some cinnamon, blend it/break it to a creamy consistency and use in dishes as a cheese substitue for ricotta, or even as an addition or half and half with yogurt so it has some flavor, you can also mix a crystal light flavor packet in with it to make it have a fun taste, maybe a little water to blend out the flavor crystals through the whole thing
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I eat mine with pepper. My mom eats hers with tomato. A lot of places serve it with pineapple. My mom will use it on salads, too. Maybe try a small amount on a salad and see how it goes. If you really don't like the stuff, then don't eat it.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Smothered in pepper next to a salad.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Oh and its super delicious if you stuff pasta shells w/ it and spinach and bake em... YUM! :D
  • fluffyduckquack
    fluffyduckquack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try it with cracker and dollop of your favorite jam. I do this with snacks. It has a bit of the tartness of the cottage cheese and bit of the sweetness of the jam.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese. To me it seems like yummy little bits of mozzerella cheese. So good! For breakfast most every morning I have a Breakstone Cottage Cheese double which is three quarters cottage cheese and a quarter of some fruit you can eat separately or mix in. My favorites are the blueberry, peach, and apple cinamin. So yummy and they really fill me up enough with only 100 calories that I can make it through to lunch and use my calories on a meal I enjoy more. :)
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    Tomatoes and pepper. MMMMM!

THIS!!!

I eat it everyday and never get sick of it. My roomie, on the other hand gets absolutely disgusted when she even looks at it. Says it's like curtled milk. But if you don't like it, why would you force yourself to eat it? Just because it's a "diet" item, doesn't mean that's the only thing you can eat. There are plenty of other items you can eat for the same amount of calories and sometimes even more protein than cottage cheese. Don't torture yourself.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. SOO good.
  • JanBergRasmussen
    JanBergRasmussen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try toasted (till crispy) rye bread, cottage cheese and salt/peber... love it!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    on a enlish muffin with slice of turkey and a tomato slice

that sounds yummy!!!
  • jeerzree
    Options
    Italian Dressing ............ or in a salad
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1 breakfast = 100 g low fat cottage cheese + 1 oz of guacamole = 140 cals. Yummy.
    You get your proteins and good fats.
  • groovycol
    Options
    I eat it with olive oil (b/c I do need fat in my diet) and salt and pepper. With tomatoes is even yummier. Also, I get the 2% because the nonfat is just blech.

for more protein, I am now eating Siggi's skyr. 4 oz of cottage cheese has 12g of protein and 90 calories. Siggi's skry comes in 5.3 oz containers, is 100 calories and has 14g of protein. way yummier to eat plain than cottage cheese!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but pico de gallo. The store bought type in the deli. Mix it in and it's so good.
    I like the savory type use of cottage cheese, not the sweet. Baked potato is good.