Anybody else have trouble eating breakfast in the morning?

Options
Usually when I wake up the only thing I can manage to down is a cup of coffee with almond milk and stevia.
I've always had a sensitive stomach in the morning since I was little so I'm pretty conditioned to go without breakfast, however my body seems to want to make up for it especially late at night >.<

Does anyone have light and healthy (vegetarian/vegan) breakfast ideas??

Thaaaanks :)

By the day, feel free to add.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Usually when I wake up the only thing I can manage to down is a cup of coffee with almond milk and stevia.
    I've always had a sensitive stomach in the morning since I was little so I'm pretty conditioned to go without breakfast, however my body seems to want to make up for it especially late at night >.<

If you're not hungry in the morning or can operate fine without it, there is no reason to eat it everyday or anyday. It provides no special benefits for weight loss, unless you personally happen to find that eating breakfast allows you to better control your cals
  • springermad
    Options
    I never have breakfast as I am always violently sick o a morning due to my condition/treatment/medication.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm not sure this qualifies as "light" but I eat oatmeal almost every morning. I really like hot breakfast cereals so I also eat Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice. They are both pretty easy on the stomach. Does coffee upset your stomach? I drink it every morning but if I don't eat at the same time it kills my stomach.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Since I've been an adult I just can't do breakfast (not first thing in the morning before starting work at 8 anyway!) Recently I have been trying to 'make' myself have breakfast in an attempt to get the metabolism going, and give myself some fuel to go on so I don''t feelt he need to gannet at lunch (very physical job). I've found I can happily have a ryvita crackerbread or two with a bit of lemon curd, jam or soft cheese on top. Light but filling. Thoguh to be honest, I still tend to have a cup of tea first thing, then get around to the crackerbread about an hour or so into work, but it's a start :)
  • AdamB311
    AdamB311 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to have breakfast very often personally, more to have that bit more sleep before I leave in the morning, personally i've found as long as you distribute the calories you would have at breakfast fairly evenly across lunch and dinner, it works out well :)
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I have to force myself in the morning to eat. I am so use to skipping breakfast, and probably lunch and eating a late "lunch" and a huge dinner that my body just isn't use to eating early.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast. I wish I knew the real truth as to whether if really "helps the metabolism" or not. I have to force it down, and it seems to be a real waste of calories when I don't even enjoy it.

If it truly is "calories in/calories out" that makes or breaks a diet, then for me, skipping breakfast is best. I don't need those added calories and I am almost ALWAYS on target at the end of the day if I don't start eating until noon.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i just have coffee until about ten. Then I have coffee mixed with protein powder.
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You should eat something in the morning. Try egg whites, instant oatmeal, Thomas bagel thins an apple with peanut butter..... But eat something
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of chocolate soy milk, because I am more thirsty than hungry in the mornings.
  • paleojamie
    Options

Does anyone have light and healthy (vegetarian/vegan) breakfast ideas??

Thaaaanks :)

By the day, feel free to add.
    /
    I love my oats and blueberries in the morning and an apple - could you try that?
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat my breakfast....

after dinner. Because that's when I'm hungry. Never hungry in the morning.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You should eat something in the morning. Try egg whites, instant oatmeal, Thomas bagel thins an apple with peanut butter..... But eat something

Why eat something if she's not hungry and has an iffy tummy?
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Nope, my breakfast today was well over 1000cals :)
  • mandy42smith
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person either. I usually have a yoplait yogurt fat free in the morning. It is recommended to eat something about every 4 hours to keep you metabalism going. If you eat something within 4 hours of getting up you should be fine. this has helped me with eating better.
  • reneesigmon1
    Options
    Mandy,

I have always been that way. I actually would get sick if I would eat breakfast in the morning. The only thing that I actually can enjoy eating and not get sick over is a half bagel with cream chesse spread. Or a grapefruit.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I keep oatmeal and a bowl at work and sometime between 9-10 I make myself oatmeal.
  • kcalabama
    Options
    I have a friend that has this problem - so she eats a little yogurt (1 small container and sometimes just a half) mixed with granola. Later after a couple of hours, she has a 2nd breakfast with a little more. Yogurt is gentle on the stomach.
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    In the morning I will make 8oz of fresh carrot and apple juice. It is only about 100 Cals. I always have a bigger dinner than I do any other meal of the day. You aren't "supposed" do to that by conventional weight loss standards but it is how I work. Do what works best for you. If you are having trouble later at night and can't stay under your calories, I would suggest a handful of nuts (raw organic almonds for me) as a mid afternoon snack before dinner. Also drink all 8 glasses of water at least. If you can drink about 1gal a day then you will find yourself less hungry overall (or I do). Hope that helps.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I run first thing in the morning before I drink my juice. I will then shower and juice the carrots and apple, drink up, and get ready for work.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am always on target by the end of the day, but when it comes to exercise I'm a morning person so I'm trying to build a good habit of at least getting something in my stomach before I go out. Fruit seems like a good idea, oatmeal might seem a little rich but I can give it a try.

Thank you for the replies so far!