LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would definitely rather wear less clothes to the gym than overheat in baggy sweats. Doesn't matter if I look good or bad in them. It's all about fitness and I commend anyone for being there regardless of their outfit.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I think we all like (even if it's deep down) to be noticed. But to those who look ( guys n girls) don't make the admired feel uncomfortable-- my 2 cents
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!
    Because they enjoy being noticed but not leered at.
    We all notice, and just in cased a suitable mate is there, the ladies want to look their best - even at the gym.
    BUT!!!!!!
    They don't want to have to deal with all the ugly guys, so there's the disconnect.

These ladies would never admit this truth, and the rejected guys would never admit that they fall into the category of the the rejected ugly, but this is the mating game folks!
    Deal with it.

That doesn't quite gel actually. Happily married people go to the gym too.
    Told you the ladies would never admit this...:laugh:

And it depends on what you're wearing? You know who you are!
    If you're wearing fancy, revealing, sexy workout clothes, you want to be noticed.
    I have no issue with this - you ladies look GREAT!
    You're still in the game - even married.

Me? I am NOT in the game except with my wife.
    She's the ONLY lady who gets to see me wear a singlet. :embarassed:

I'm sorry but you're wrong. IDGAF if you do think all ladies want to be noticed at the gym. I wear tight clothing because it's comfortable not because I want to pick some guy up. If I wanted to do that, I'd go dancing in my slut dress and screw me shoes, they're much more effective. At the gym I want to workout, when I'm jogging I want to jog and be left the hell alone. If I'm worried about if other people are staring, then I can't concentrate on my workout and my goals.
    Again, denying basic nature.
    Oh well. Remember, I predicted this response.

People have a hard time admitting how driven we all are.
    Welcome to the human race:bigsmile:
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I think most every woman in the world who has a nice body would wear revealing stuff while working out because it's comfortable and attractive. When I was younger and thinner, I did the same thing. It made me feel good. Doesn't everyone feel good when they look good? There aren't a lot of options out there for gym clothes that are attractive and NOT revealing to some degree. Unless you dig out a pair of old sweats and a stained t shirt from the bottom of your closet, but who wants to be seen like that?

Wouldn't you feel better if you could work out with no shirt on? It's just freeing. And feels better when you get hot and sweaty. Sports bras can be stifling and hot if we also have a shirt on. But we have to wear them. I wear a sports bra with a light, see through loose top. Only because I get too hot and need to "breathe". I don't even notice if anyone looks at me. I am there for only one thing- and it's not THAT thing! It's to exercise.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am just glad I do not go to the gym any longer but work out at home in my three quarter lengths and crop top. Can't be accused of hankering after a shag that way!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am just glad I do not go to the gym any longer but work out at home in my three quarter lengths and crop top. Can't be accused of hankering after a shag that way!
    "hankering after a shag":noway:

I think I remember that line from the last Harlequin Romance I couldn't put down....
    "Antonia, hankering after a shag, dressed for the gym, knowing Adam would be starting his cardio at 9am"
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I wear tank tops & running pants. T-shirts & sweat pants. Dri fit shirts & yoga pants, or any combination I choose for the day. I wear whatever I feel comfortable in & yes I get checked out & no it doesn't bother me... Unless someone is outright staring, but I just ignore them. I don't do dress for the GYM for the attention, but I want to be comfortable. I will NEVER wear a sweat shirt, because I sweat enough on my own & let my workout do the job.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    some might genuinely not want attention, they might wear a sports bra & shorts because they get too hot in more clothes during a work out or are confident with their body, they don't have to be asking for attention.
    This is like the same argument that girls who dress revealingly are asking to be raped.
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Uh, what are people smoking here? A vast majority of women who wear clothes you consider "revealing" at the gym do so because they get hot & sweaty and they want to stay comfortable. Much like if I go to a summer outside wedding, I wear a sundress because it's appropriate & comfortable, not to get ogled, and when I bundle up in layers upon layers of clothes, a parka, and lined boots it's not because I'm self-conscious, it's because it's freaking cold and that's what best suits where I'm going - outside.

Does that mean that everyone should wear that? No, if you're comfortable in yoga pants and a baggy t-shirt or whatever more power to you. Everyone is comfortable in different things and assuming someone is an attention *kitten* just because she's comfortable in something other than what you'd wear is slut-shaming & disgusting. And really, if a woman wants to wear "revealing" workout clothes and spends more time socializing than actually accomplishing a workout, what does it matter to you? She's not forcing you to participate, and she's certainly not causing any harm.

It's human nature to look at other people, but it's just plain rude to ogle or stare at them, regardless of if you think they look good/sexy/whatever or not. If you honestly can't be around a woman in a sport's bra without getting distracted from your workout and having to fight a boner, you have some serious self-control issues and I can guarantee that kind of attention is totally unwanted. Gross.
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    AMEN! When I look hot, I damn well plan on wearing a sports bra and super short shorts to the gym 'cause dammit, I WORKED HARD for this body (in the future sense - still working hard for it).

I like this one! You go
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!

People in my gym are really respectful. I wear tennis skirts and bra tops every day, and never have any issues. There is an occasional admirer, but it's never rude or obvious. I wear them because it's VERY demoralizing to look like crap when I'm working out. Odds are, I'm there because I want to see a change in my figure, and am not 100% satisfied.

I also wear them because I sweat BUCKETS and get super hot when I work out. MInimal clothing is best, and I avoid cotton or anything lose fitting. I need sweat-wicking materials.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I aspire to one day get looks. I want to get some feedback for all of my hard work! But right now, I usually wear a tank top & yoga pants. So I don't think I qualify as one of those girls, haha. One day!
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    At our gym it's chuffin freezin so everyone's pretty covered up! Plus, we're in the north of the UK so it's hardly tropical at the best of times... nor do we have any tanned adonis'/goddesses gracing the leisure centre so I don't think anyone feels the need to look their best, no one's "on the pull" lol
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    For me I wear shorts and racer back top because its bloody HOT! I bust my *kitten* at the gym...I worked damn hard to get my legs from fat to fab as well....not to mention I live in Texas...What I wonder is why people spend their time at the gym judging other people fashion instead of enjoying their own work out?...
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If I had a treadmill and stuff at home, I would totally wear little shorts and a sports bra, because I get so hot and it would be nice to not wear much. But I definately am NOT looking for any kind of attention when I go to the gym, and thank god most of the students who live in my dorm either don't know that there is a gym in our basement or don't care to use it. I almost never see anyone, even so, I always wear loose fitting pants or shorts with compression pants under and a big teeshirt.

I don't look good when at the gym and I don't care. Girls who wear provocative clothing do it so people look at them.
  • shellybean826
    Options
    i have no problem with what women or men wear at the gym ..unless they have no business wearing the stuff lmao and you all know what im talking about ...lololol ...but today i had to laugh cause in the locker room was 3 girls ..late teens, early 20's and they had full makeup on ..hair teased and hairspray and victoria secret sheer yoga pants with bright colored thongs under neath ..and one was saying to the other ...." i dont want to get all sweaty" and the other said ...well then just dont do alot on the machine ....ok soooooooooo you came all dolled up to a gym to not get sweaty ??? why are you here ??? lolol
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Girls who wear provocative clothing do it so people look at them.

That reminds me of another quote...
    "Girls who wear provocative clothing do it so people rape them"
  • proudmommylmb
    proudmommylmb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Some of you are really against looking good at the gym. It's not always about attention, some women just like to look "good" everywhere they go.

Sure, it is strange if a woman dresses like that then doesn't want the attention but not all women who dress " up" at the gym are lazy attention seeking bubbleheads. Some of them can handle it, and kudos to them.

Where I live women wear their makeup, and nice workout attire. It looks good and they still workout hard. Makeup sweats off and all but that's why you have waterproof mascara. In any case, it isn't a meter of how well you can bust a sweat.

If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen, for those women who dress up their attire then are scared or POed at the attention.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I've said this before in a similar thread. Ladies, feel free to dress as provocatively as you want and put on as much make up as you want. Also feel free not to workout hard. I don't care. It's nobody's business.

You've paid for the membership just like everybody else and have the right to take up space at the gym regardless of the way you're dressed or how hard you're working out.

But if you're dressed like that me and every other straight guy at the gym will notice you and look. I know you won't be offended if I look but I wouldn't care if you were. I actually welcome girls like this at the gym because they provide great entertainment during my long and boring workouts.

One interesting observation I've made is that 99% of guys don't have the BALLS to go and talk to these girls. The guys even pretend that they don't notice them lool
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    But if you're dressed like that me and every other straight guy at the gym will notice you and look. I know you won't be offended if I look but I wouldn't care if you were. I actually welcome girls like this at the gym because they provide great entertainment during my long and boring workouts.

Wow. Just....wow.