A perspective on "skinny" one's weight loss goal ...

Options

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing.. i feel you guys.. i never want to be that skinny...ewwww ... I want to be healthy fluffy :)..

And this is where the bashing comes in. WTF ? Really? "ewwwww"? I'm going to be a grown up about this and say that while a larger figured isn't what I desire, I would and will NEVER describe another woman as "ewwwww".
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    34636d1232567189-when-someone-says-theyre-curvy-built-image009.jpg

Also nice
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    kk.jpg

oh poor Kiera look at those twiggy legs:huh: what a differance a proffesional photo can make

HELL YES!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    there's another thread called Fat Girls Are So Ugly.........so your question will soon be answered! Of course it is in ref to stupid threads like this comparing and criticising people......
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i wonder how people would react if we judged overweight women's bodies like we're judging these women........
    yup- as president of the itty bitty titty committee i veto this thread.

Yup, its not right to bash overweight people and vise versa. (not saying the actual OP was doing this, others were).
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I fit in with the women on the bottom, thank goodness cause the ones on the top need to eat lol

And im suprised Marilyn didnt get harpooned on the beach that day she took the pic

Ditto.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    thanks for sharing.. i feel you guys.. i never want to be that skinny...ewwww ... I want to be healthy fluffy :)..

"Healthy fluffy"?? Really?? :noway:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Kirsten20Dunst_7350.jpg

omg Kirstin looks sooooo unhealthy
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    kk.jpg

oh poor Kiera look at those twiggy legs:huh: what a differance a proffesional photo can make

HELL YES!

Agreed. She has a lot of muscle tone.
  • servilia
    Options
    kk.jpg

HELL YES!

Agreed. She has a lot of muscle tone.

Looks a lot better than any of the bottom 4 in my opinion.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Kirsten20Dunst_7350.jpg

Please keep going Fear.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Kirsten20Dunst_7350.jpg

Please keep going Fear.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    thumbnailCAMW39Q7.jpg

yeah no man would ever want to hit that:huh:

I like how concerned some women our by what men think it must suck to not live for yourself
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Also there are a lot of misconceptions about these so called curvy pin up girls of the past, Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 - 14 in RETRO sizes, which is a modern size 8 - 10 (US size 4 - 6). Her measurements were 36-23-37 - the epitome of the gorgeous hour glass figure, but that is one tiny waist! Elizabeth Taylor was 116 pounds and 5"4 inchs (36-21-36), hardly what we would call curvy.

Also, they wore corsets which changes your shape even after you take them off!
    Also, I'm classic hourglass shape and I am aspiring to lean and athletic. I am not satisfied with 'soft' it makes me feel weak and unhealthy.
    The women pictured were literally curvy, with a very low waist to hip ratio. I think curvy is a misnomer this days. It is used as a euphemism for bigger. In reality, people at any size can be actually curvy (look like an hourglass) and people at any size can be an apple, pear or a ruler.

Yeah they were definitely the true sense of the word curvy :)

I guess what irks me about this image is that actually both sets of women represent figures that are only obtainable for most of the population through extreme measures. Having a 23 inch waist and d cup boobs is a genetical blessing and so I guess I feel like people look at this picture and see the bottom four as more natural and a better representation of normal healthy women when in fact that kind of figure is as unobtainable to most people (maybe if I got breast implants and removed a few ribs) as the top pictures and inevitably still leaves women feeling inadequate. Which is really the opposite point than what the image is trying to make!

THIS!
    If anything, the bodies in the lower pics are less obtainable (without surgery) than the ones in the top row.

Also, consider that they often wore corsets and girdles and were likely measured with them on. Also, these do change your shape, even when you take them off, if worn regularly.

I have to admit, I do have a classic hourglass (recently verging on) pear shape. But I am definitely aspiring to lean and athletic. I don't want to be 'soft' it makes me feel weak and unhealthy.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    She wasn't always that thick
    philippe-halsman-marilyn-monroe-hollywood-1952.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I see ribs
    6toes_pic.jpg
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I am not going to bother posting pics of Hiedi or Nicole because the orginal picture was trying to make it out like they are being shoved down our throats as sex symbols which they have never been
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I want to be a mix of both. I love the pinup girl look, but I kind of like the fit look also. Right now I'm not even close ot either one. I also have to accept the fact that at almost 40 and being naturally curvey even when I was supper thin (103lbs), I have to be happy with the body shape I have and embrace it.

Everyone is allowed to like what they like. That's what makes us all individuals.
    :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    Options
    I see ribs
    6toes_pic.jpg

OMG give her a burger now! Disgusting!!! :sick:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing.. i feel you guys.. i never want to be that skinny...ewwww ... I want to be healthy fluffy :).

Fluffy = flabby now?
    :frown:
This discussion has been closed.