Losin' the Eggstra by Easter 03/18/09

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So my day one of exercise will be at fitness center tonight...
    5 minute warmup
    30 minutes strength-various full body workout light weights 3 sets/20
    30 minutes elliptical
    If I get a burst of energy maybe treadmill too
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I want to join too, my goal is 5 lbs , and I will also join the exercise 17/24 days!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Exercise Day 1:

It's FINALLY warming up outside here in northern Michigan, so I will enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and walk my dog for a nice long trail after work. I'll wear my HRM and keep going until i burn at least 350 cal.

YAH EXERCISE!:laugh:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Day 1/17 Exercise:

Well, just found out that my sister -in-law was induced for labor this afternoon...so after a hospital visit to see her before delievery, I plan to do the following:

15 min warm-up on Cybex Arc Trainer
    FULL lower body workout: Leg Press - 8 sets of 12
    Leg Extension - 2 or 3 sets of 12
    Hamstring Curls - 2 or 3 sets of 12
    Calf Lifts - 2 or 3 sets of 12
    Hip Abduction - 3 sets of 20
    Hip Adduction - 3 sets of 20
    Squats - 2 or 3 sets of 10-12

ABS: Hammer Strength Machine - 2 sets of 12 @ 5lbs
    1 set of 5-10 @ 10lbs
    Crunch bench: 5 or 6 sets of 25

CARDIO: 20-25 mins on Cybex Arc Trainer - WT LOSS setting - Level 5 or 6

Hope that's not too much detail. . .I'm a bit OCD sometimes! :blushing:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I started my exercise on Monday. Joined jazzercise. After todays class I will have already done 3 days!! Whooo hoooo!!!

I plan on going at least 3 times a week!
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new here and this will be my first ever challenge. I am SO excited. My goal is to lose 5 lbs by April 10th.
    Good luck to us all!!!!
  • AmyDoesIt
    AmyDoesIt Posts: 46
    Options
    this is my first ever post and challenge since i've started mfp in Jan. I love it and look forward to the challenge. My goal is 5 but i'd jump for joy if it turns out to be 7-10! :flowerforyou:
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I'm in!!!! My goal is 3 pounds!
  • peachykate
    peachykate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am in again! I lost three pounds during the last challenge so I am going to do three pounds again. My additional goal for this time around is to stay off of the scale except for Wednesdays.

My SW is 145.1
    I would like to be 142 even by 04/10.
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    24 days and counting!! I'm definately in !

Am up 1.4 from yesterday's ending St Pat Challenge, so today's starting wt is 190.8. Will shoot for 7 again, and heck why not, the 17/24 exercise challenge!

Let's do this!! What a great group and thanks Theresa for getting this going and so good to see many back from the last challenge!

Good luck everyone, and may we all be lighter, toner, and healthier in 24 days!! YIIPPY FOR US!
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm definitely in as well! I hope to lose at least 5lbs by Easter, but would love for it to be 10!!
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Count me in...4 pounds by Good Friday. I would shoot for more, but I'm moving, and I know I'll eat pizza and other crap for a few days during the whole moving process.

Another goal: I enjoy exercise, but I often can't make myself do it. My goal is to exercise 10 out of 24 days. Day 1 done:I mowed the grass!

148091.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

This is a new challenge that begins today and will finish on Friday, April 10th, just before Easter. There are no set goals, exercises, or anything like that....you choose what you want to achieve and we will be here each day for accountibility and support! :smile:

If you are new...welcome and thanks for joining us....for those returning...it's great to have you continue on {hugs}!

So, let's get started....

I am going for five pounds, although I hope to reach that and lose a few more by the end of the challenge. I have a body comp test with my trainer around that time as well and I really want to kick some butt between now and then :drinker:

I look forward to enjoying this journey with each of you...:flowerforyou:

I would love to join this group!!! Im up for the challenge !!! By april 10th i would like to be down a dress size and working out longer.. And lose about 8lbs
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone:happy:

I'm so excited for everyone and their goals.

I have not been in on a challenge wwith any of you ladies (i don't think) but I'm ready.
    By April 10th, I am aiming for a couple of goals. I want to do two a days at least 3 times a week and do some physical activity 1 per day 6x per week. I'm going to step out on faith and say I will be down 8 pounds and 1 full pants size.

I would also like to set a goal for strectching everyday because I'm bad at that:cry:

LETS'S DO THIS!!!!!!
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    I new and I love this. my goal is 8#
  • montanamomma
    Options
    Im in for 8#
  • StacieLutes
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm trying for 8lbs by Easter! I'll be happy with 5lbs!165809.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    I am joining!!!!!
    As of this morning i am 160.4
    My goal by april 10th hmmmmm
    154!!!!!!Good luck everyone
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: A big welcome to everyone who joined this challenge this afternoon! Look for a daily thread to share your success or concern....:flowerforyou:
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Ill join the 17 out of 24 also