What's your favorite motivational get into shape quote?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    "If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”"
  • orionling
    orionling Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No matter how bad you feel, there is always someone out there who feels worse and is still moving.

One who wants to do somethin,g will find a way; one who doesn't will find an excuse. (Confucius)
  • watsonlc
    Options
    bump
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My motto, found here on MFP, is: I will go to bed tonight healthier than when I got up. So far it's working pretty well.

Of course for the traditonalist there is always: Do or do not, there is no try.-Yoda
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Do not Reward Yourself with Food You are not a Dog! I learned that from someone at MFP
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oh! I love these! I'm so writing these on post-it notes and sticking them everywhere! Thanks!
  • AMYinKANSAS
    AMYinKANSAS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Growing up as a kid, I was always teased by the skinny people. Later on in life, I came across a bumper sticker that said:

"I MAY BE FAT BUT YOUR UGLY AND I CAN LOSE WEIGHT"
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Oh, and JUST DO IT. -NIKE
    Ditto!!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels

I would change this one to "Nothing tastes as good as being in shape feels" said by me. :)

two others i like:

"Eating is always a decision, nobody forces your hand to pick up food and put it into your mouth." - Albert Ellis

"You just got into a knockdown-dragout fight with your spouse. Or your kid. Or your mom. Or the guy behind you in the checkout line. Your reaction is to head for the kitchen to soothe yourself with something smooth, fattening, creamy, sugary, salty, or crunchy —pick your poison. Sound familiar? If so, you're an emotional eater. But you've probably figured that out already. You've probably also figured out that unhealthy overeating leads not only to weight gain but to a destructive pattern of anxiety and self-loathing that's tough to break on your own. Want to break the cycle? I'm here to help. You've got to start by facing the fact that there will never be a totally stress-free time in your life. There. That's as bad as it gets. Now on to the good news: You can stop emotional eating. The key is to identify the things that make you feel pressured, sad, angry, or anxious. Once you understand your triggers, you can break the cycle and start regaining control of when, why, and how you eat. The best way to identify your emotional triggers is through self-examination. Face your issues. Bring them out of your subconscious and into your conscious reality. This is the most empowering thing you can do for yourself." - Jillian Michaels
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My fitness instructor says, "You can't buy it, you can't get the hook up! You want it, you will have to work hard to get it! Now get those legs up!" haha love it
  • goquiltersgo
    goquiltersgo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My favorite is " If you still look cute at the end of a workout, then you didn't work hard enough!"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT is mine. I know it's a Nike thing but seriously. Don't think about it Just freaking do it!!!

That's always been a favorite of mine too. When I think I'm too busy, too tired, too whatever to exercise I think "Oh H*ll, just do it!". It works for me.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    if it was easy to lose weight... everyone could do it.
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not really a "weight loss" quote as much as it is motivation to get up and active is the pre-game chant that Drew Brees leads the Saints through before each game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look for it on You Tube or Google. It's called "just win"....I think.
  • Slim_in_Phila
    Options
    do it for yourself!!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    "The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. " -Ben Stein
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Also, "Bodies in Motion - Stay in Motion, Bodies at Rest - Stay at Rest"
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Impossible is Nothing- The quote from Adidas
    What have you done today to make you feel proud?- Proud by Heather Small xx
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I have one that I was given in a huge mountaineering trip as a sophomore in high school by our guides.

"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got." Janis Joplin.

It wasn't fitness related at the time, but now that I got to thinking it totally makes sense :)