running with or without music?..

Options
124»

Replies

• callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i prefer to run with music, it keeps me motivated =)
  • mebutskinnier
    Options
    WITH! It helps me focus less on the actual running of exercise and more on the beats and trying to stay with the beats :)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If I'm on my treadmill always with....I block everything and everyone out. Outside its a bit of both, depending on the time of day. I like the sound my feet make hitting the pavement. :)
  • chooklady
    chooklady Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have just started a walk run walk regime using a download from run keeper ( app). I use my phone but just on speakers . I can run much better with heavy beat music and the coaching instructions help. So now my daughter and I put ourselves in for a 6.5 km run on 4 th feb. this will be a huge challenge ;)
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Listening to music while working out is a must for me.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've got to have my music, not sure I could run without it!
    I made a special running playlist for my last run as I was attempting 5k for the first time in years, and when I got to gym and put my iPod on, I had somehow managed to delete all my motivating running songs, did the full 5k with only slower music so maybe I don't need it as much as I thought :)
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i listen to music, one ear plug in while outside. This way I can hear other things...cars..etc..friends...but I listen full blast both ears on the treadmill
  • jersanter
    jersanter Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I'm running by myself, no music. If I'm running a 5k with many other runners around me, I need the I-pod.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have to lsiten to music while I run. I find that if I can hear myself breath, I can't concentrate