My ex left me because I'm fat. :(

Options

Replies

• jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    what an *kitten*!!!! you dont need him in your life. u lost so much already dont let him get you down...

i was dating an *kitten* like that we would go to the mall with a few friends and he would always make jokes that were just mean and very hurtfull. he onces told me that i was to fat to go shopping at this one store and then that i need to grow more boobs to go shopping for bras i would drive his stupid *kitten* to the mall and he would make comments like that to his friends guys are just *kitten* they put you down so they can feel like men even tho there not.

just keep going on your journey for you! i can't believe you lost all that weight all ready just keep thinking about how good the feeling is too lose weight and get your ex off you mind he is not worth the tears or the pain they cause
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    BTW - I want to be British in my next life. As a New Yorker, I don't think I could pull off calling someone a "wanker" or a "nob" :laugh:
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I didn't read all the other comments and advice before me, sorry.

Seriously though, you are better off now. 2 bit loser he is. Congratulations on your loss and success, that's wonderful. You didn't do it for him, you did it for you, so be proud of that and continue on to your goal.
  • eagle_01
    Options
    It will hurt for a while...and the worst thing is that when you break up - whether you've left someone or have been left - more often than not we start remembering only the good times we had with the ex. Instead of remembering it exactly as it was, we turn them into a love object and hurt more.

Like everyone else said, he's using your weak spot, he knows you worked hard, you showed some amazing will power that's got him feeling insecure. You deserve someone with more depth, keep focused on you. You've done an excellent job, it's not a time to let someone else set you off the tracks. keep going, x
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Girl you are gorgeous just the way you are and don't let ANYONE make you think other wise! You are too good for him if he is that vain! You do this weight loss for YOURSELF!!! And hey! when you get to your goal weight you can rub i in his face!! You are doing and EXCELLENT job!!! KEEP IT UP!

NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    He didn't leave you because you are fat (obviously - as you were bigger throughout the course of your relationship) but probably felt threatened and maybe even jealous and decided to go the *kitten* route and tell you that it is becasue of your weight. anyone that loses 70 pounds is not fat to me.

And if he did leave you because you are "fat" then clearly he is not the man for you and the right one will come along who will love you for you, whether that be fat, skinny tall, short, etc.

good luck and keep on doing what you're doing!

At the end of the day, you have to be happy with yourself and the choices you make.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I say good riddance! You don't need someone like that. Keep pushing girl! You are doing FABULOUS! Don't let any man or anyone tell you different!
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Like those of us in law enforcement say, "roger that!" This guy is a total d*&ch$ bag!!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    So I cant really say anything that hasnt already been said- but I can say this- the guy is a prick. And I would bet his leaving had very little to do with your weight. It was just an excuse- and a hurtful one. And someday this will come back to him. Karma is truly a *****.

I know its little comfort- but he basically just said " Oh hey, my name is Fred and I'm a total prick, I'm going to do you a really big favor now and leave to go mess up someone elses life..." Let him.

Now- the next move is yours. You have the luxury of deciding how this plays out in your life.

Sort of a choose your own adventure if you will...

will you go down the path of beating yourself up and feeling crappy about yourself? Whats the outcome and effect this can have on your life?

OR

Do you high five yourself for losing a rotten part of your life, leaving the door open to a fantastic future for yourself. You have lost a great deal of your own weight- plus the weight of a jack *kitten* perched on your shoulder.

There will be other guys- MANY MANY Other guys- some jerks some great. But trust me- - MANY MANY MANY other guys. Dont sweat this one- be glad he didnt further waste your time. And relish the time when you will run into him, her and someone elses kid... and you will look and feel like a million bucks. I can pretty much promise you he WONT feel like a million bucks..

Niiiiiice!!!! Love this!!! So freaking true. Great way of looking at it!!!
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I believe you've dodged a bullet. What you have accomplished is something to be very proud of. Don't dwell on the emotional sadness this is causing you. Instead think back to all the other bad things he had done in the past and consider the possible ways in which your life will be better without him.

I don't think it matters that he left you for a pregnant girl, it wouldn't matter if he had left you for a skinny or fat girl. I'm sure you'd still feel bad. He left you and before leaving he attacked you emotionally. That's how you should look at; "This man left me after seeing how close I am to reaching my goal and he still has the audacity to call me fat."

Take all the time you would usually spend on him and spend it treating yourself. No one needs a partner who is not supportive or loving of what you want to do and what you have accomplish. Why stay blue?
  • Barbaralucas
    Options
    Seems to me you lost alot more dead weight when he left and your better off for it !!!!! You can do this!! All you need is you !!!:smile:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    if he left you because you are fat then hes a POS and you can do much better. A true Man who loves you is going to stick by you regardless and motivate and help you to better yourself. What an *kitten*
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    some guys like the larger girls I guess.

I do. When I was thin, I wouldn't date a girl unless she was about twice my size. Now, trying to date a girl that's twice my size is hard, but still doable. My current girlfriend weighs 90 lbs more than me.

OP; your ex is a ****; there's more fish in the sea. Love yourself for who you are.

Thanks for sharing, i always thought that was some kind of myth that some guys likes larger girls
  • Kranzke
    Options
    You should lose weight for you. Never let anyone get into your head. If you're happy then that's all that matters. Represent for you. Great Job with your progress so far though. Keep it up if that's what you and only you want.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I feel bad you had to go through this, but I couldn't agree with everyone more. Except for one thing.. as of this second, do not think about this jerk one more second, not even to prove him wrong, there is Nothing wrong with you. You have nothing to prove to him, or anyone. You are so much better off without him, do not let yourself turn to another man who treats you anything less than someone special. Afterall isn't that who we want to be with? someone special, so HE should be someone special as well. And you ARE special!!! :wink: No more rats! :explode:

Poor pregnant lady he is with now.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    BTW - I want to be British in my next life. As a New Yorker, I don't think I could pull off calling someone a "wanker" or a "nob" :laugh:

I love the way American's say "t w a t" it sounds like "twot" hehe.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I only one thing to say about this......all I had to do is read the topic.....

Do not sweat the SMALL stuff......YOU deserve so much more and YOU will find the right person. Leaving because you are fat is not a reason the only thing that says is he is shallow.............

Keep on losing and stay strong we are all here to help!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just lost 200 extra pounds (or however much this loser weighs) of added fat.....You do not need someone who makes you feel like you are not good enough. HE is not good enough for YOU. Get angry and lose the weight for YOU!!!! He needs to take a flying leap. You deserve so much better. You have achieved a FABULOUS weight loss! You are my idol!!

No, it sounds to me like you just lost 200 extra pounds (or however much this loser weighs) of *kitten*. I know it hurts now, but use these feelings to help you find what is right for you. If you truly love someone, size does not matter.....get where you are confortable and love yourself, and you will find everything else you need in good time. Good luck, and good riddance to that jerk.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I've heard all the excuses - "you're too fat", "you're a lousy lay", "you're too flat chested"... the bottom line... they are just that - excuses... they are just trying to justify their steppin' out... so turn your back, chin up and head forward in your life. You ARE a confident, healthy and Beautiful individual that doesn't need that type of emotional leach. You can do this for you and you will find that wonderful person to share your space.
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!