My ex left me because I'm fat. :(

Options

Replies

• TheSarahHill
    Options
    What a crank!! He's only left you because you are doing so well and he is threatend, hence why he's now gone for a pregnant woman! He wants to be with someone who feels low about themselves so he can feel better. Shame on him!!!

You go girl, you are doing fab and can no doubt get whoever you want!! 27lbs to go is not a lot at all!! xx
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Your ex left you and didn't want to take responsibility for his actions. So he is blaming you and using a tender spot - your weight - to try to hurt you.

You don't want to be with someone who tries to hurt you like that.

It looks like you have made great progress and only have a little more weight to lose...you are not fat!

My sister once told me, when I was going through a horrible break up, that I shouldn't want to be with anyone who doesn't treat me like I'm precious to them.

I thought about that and realized I'd NEVER been with anyone who treated me like I was precious!

Trust me when I told you that I made a major upgrade to my standards and I've been in a great relationship for 8 years.

Want more for yourself, my friend!

^^This, but I hope that all of these comments have made you feel better. They're all spot on. He's a dbag and you're better off. :flowerforyou:
  • cigarzzz
    Options
    Just remember it is his loss not yours, congratulations on the weight loss...
  • iheartmonkeypoo
    iheartmonkeypoo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    u are not fat. and we already have one *kitten*, why do u need another? hes garbage. this journey should be about you and only you and making you feel good. dont give someone that much power over you to make you feel like crap. hes garbage. be thankful u found this out now and not later.
  • TracieWeaver
    TracieWeaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are hurting. How much does he weigh? Consider that the fastest weight loss ever!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    Underneath all the fear and sadness there is strength and love. You have already demonstrated that. His loss for sure.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have good news for you. Now you can go get a real man and I've got no doubt that you will. Consider this a great chance to upgrade.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!

Listen to this! Sorry that you were with someone like him. From the outside looking in...your weight is not the issue. If it were he'd have left you at the top weight not not when you've lost so much. He has issues. You are stronger than you think. Weak people do not lose weight like you have. You win!

It is important to feel and own your emotions; that doesn't mean eat them. Go to the gym or for a walk. play with children, sing loud, scream if you have to, cry for a while and then cut yourself lose and move forward. *Long distance hugs*
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I bet it's his kid.....

My thoughts EXACTLY!

I wish someone would leave me b/c i was FAT! Don't sweat it, he's an idiot, and you're already doing you!!!
  • tonyaj77
    Options
    Being sad happens and it's ok. I got divorced and u have to go thru the mourning phase before u can move forward. But realize that this person was not the best for you at all. He's an a**hole and doesn't deserve the kinda person u are. Leaving b/c ur fat is not the reason or he wouldn't have gone to a pregnant chick. He just wanted to go and couldnt find a valid reason so he used that one. u are 27lbs away from ur goal, try nbot to let him detract u from what u really want b/c he's a d*ck. Good luck on ur journey and much success on ur goals :)
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all... he left you because he is an @**hole... not because you are fat!!!!

Applause!!!!!

I would also add that he only said that to sling one final parting shot he knew would hurt on the way out the door.

Good riddance to him.

You deserve so much more. Just wait until he's stuck in diaper land while you're out flaunting the new hot bod.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I really just need help getting motivated again. My ex recently broke up with me because according to him I'm fat and it's not attractive. The crazy thing is he left me for a pregnant girl :s (the kid is not his, this I know for sure).

Anyhow we were together for six long years and I've always been overweight. I've lost over 70 lbs already and still it didn't help our relationship. At the moment it's hard for me to eat. I just feel sad and sort of depressed. I consider myself a strong person all I need is a little push and advice from others to keep going.

I only need 27 more lbs to reach my goal! I don't want to get behind, but it's too hard right now for me.

My starting weight: 225 lbs
    Current weight: 152.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs
    The best revenge is looking good. He was a jerk. I know it hurts. I was with a man for 21 years, he got sick and LEFT ME FOR HIS MOTHER~~~ I understand!!!
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Start getting angry, not sad... Once you get to the angry phase, I swear... you will want to do this to prove him wrong!!!!

I have left the worst marriage imaginable and had him tell me the same thing. Didn't start losing until I realized it wasn't me that was the problem. It was that I had this lifesucking leach on me, keeping me that way.

You can do it... Forget him!

^ . . . What she said, absolutely! I found myself in the same scenario after 11 years of marriage (1980-1991). 1992 = Hasta la vista, baby! I was a freakin' mess at first, but once the anger kicked in, fuggeddaboudit -- it was a reawakening -- I found myself all over again!
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What a jerk. I do have a few things that may help out. I do this often! And it helps. Open up your windows office or whatever and just start typing out all those words you want to say to him or any other person. Let it allllllllll spill out!!!! When your done, delete it and forget about it!

I personally have tried losing weight to appease my husband or other people. it has never worked. You need to do this for you! Who cares what anyone else thinks!!!!! That was my revelation when i started my life change. And it has worked great so far! I can feel that things are going right and i know i can stick to this.

If you need to vent or just chatter, hit me up! I'm on here every day!! This is a great site with great people!!!!

GET IT GIRL!!!
  • foolinme
    foolinme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! My ex of 10 yrs did the same thing. He used to tell me, if you lose weight then I will propose. Obviously something in me must have realized that he wasn't worth it because I didn't do anything about it at that time. When he broke up with me, he told me that I had gained weight since he met me and I was no longer attractive to him. He forgot that he had put on weight as well but that it didn't bother me.

You, and I, are both better off. You have already taken fantastic strides towards a stronger and more confident you. I hope to lose as much as you already have!

Use this as fuel to continue onwards. Don't let him, or people like him ever drag you down or make you feel unworthy!
  • doenitin52
    Options
    Sweat heart you have lost 70+ pounds in my book. Maybe he is mad because you are losing weight. DO NOT LET THIS STOP YOU!! If anything it should help motivate you more. Get going and just smile and say hope you are happy now JERK!! But I am sorry that is a long time to be with someone for them to up and leave you. You will be ok every thing happens for a reason. TC :flowerforyou:
  • jah_gray
    Options
    Honestly I say this with love because I have been there. Be thankful!
    Be thankful you found out what kind of a jerk that ex of your is. Obviously he doesn't see the beauty within. and please do NOT lose the weight for him, make sure you are doing it for you! Admittedly I lost 40 lbs due to depression, and more sleep then food. It wasn't until I decided to be healthy for me that I felt better, and happier. Today I am the happiest I have been in 10 years, I am confident in myself, and found a man who loves me for me regardless of my weight fluctuation.
    I believe in you, and know when you are ready to do this for yourself, you won't just see an improvement in your physical body, but in your mind soul and spirit.
  • Whatadiaryisfor
    Whatadiaryisfor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had no idea I would get so many comments, advice, suggestions, and support! This made my day. :)

Thank you to each and every one of you who posted. I read all the comments. I must say some were hilarious lol.

Yes, it is hard for me right now especially since it is my first relationship and yes we were together since I was 16 yrs old.
    Everything happens for a reason I suppose.

Trust me I took all of your advice to heart and I will keep moving forward. I am also happy that by this post I got a lot of friends on my profile. If anyone wants to talk to me I am also here for you. I now see how close MFP truly is!

Also, to those two people who said the kid is his lol, it's not I think it would've made more sense to me if the kid was his :o but I know the pregnant girl and I know the kid's dad.

*hugs to everyone & i'll make sure to keep MFP updated when I do reach my goal I'll post pics! :D
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    if anything you can use this as motivation to prove him wrong and be a hot little thing he cant have! meet your goal you have done so well already stick it to him! use the anger and sadness to motivate yourself to keep going channel it to the treadmill
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Alright girl instead of being upset at all you should be celebrating your liberation from a complete @$$hole! I had an ex who cheated on me with a girl who was 6 months pregnant, he met her on the internet. Anyways he was a sick jerk and so is your ex

Now focus on achieving your goals and meeting a new man with that hot bod!