Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Options
Food and drink wise there are two things that I absolutely refuse to compromise on.

1. Chocolate. I am a true chocoholic. I pay extortionate amounts of money on fine chocolate and never eat that milk, sugar and fat laden rubbish that litters the shelves of nearly every shop you walk into. This for me means that I would never gorge myself on chocolate and instead nibble on a chocolate or two everyday. I add it to my calorie intake so I'm not cheating myself. Refuse to change this habit.

2. Butter - Wild horses would not drag me away from eating real butter. Sometimes I buy it. Sometimes I make it myself. I don't eat it every day but I certainly eat it when I want it. Again, if I do eat it, I weight it and count it. There isn't a person on this earth who could get me to eat low fat spread. Low fat spread isn't food - it's the result of a chemistry experiment...yuk!

What's yours if you have any?

Replies

• Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the chocolate. I've actually lost my craving for chocolate once I started eating healthy - but if I do indulge in chocolate, it's gotta be the good stuff.

I'm still a cheesaholic - and now if I eat it, I eat the good stuff. I will splurge for the cabot cheddar over kraft, etc... Why waste calories on crappy food?
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Agreed!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything, but especially pizza. I didn't want any foods to be off limits. And I found they don't have to be. Yay! :smile:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't completely eliminate anything at all... It just isn't feasible that I'll make a life long change that way and learned that I really can have whatever I want. In moderation and adjusting certain things accordingly if need be... but original, full fat, coffee creamer is my one true, cannot, will not give up, no compromises!
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i love chocolate and I've been drinking Horizon's Organic Chocolate Milk when craving something chocolate. 150 a serving and I love it
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar.. I have cut back the sugar to 1 tbsp and 1/2 & 1/2 low fat creamer but will not go black or no sugar.

Chocolate too... although again I try to limit the amount that I eat but will never ever remove from my diet. There are some things in life that are sacred! LOL
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i love chocolate and I've been drinking Horizon's Organic Chocolate Milk when craving something chocolate. 150 a serving and I love it

Nice idea!!! Thanks!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything, but especially pizza. I didn't want any foods to be off limits. And I found they don't have to be. Yay! :smile:

This! I don't delete, compromise or refuse anything.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My coffee creamer!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do whatever I want within calories, but I drink a glass of wine with dinner almost every night. <-- it's in my calories and i :heart: it. Also, give me real, delicious cheese. I forget who else said that!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I am with you on the butter....no subs!
    But I pretty much eat everything I did before just less of it and more exercise.
    Mmm butter!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Another vote for chocolate- 60% or above.

In the UK we have Green & Blacks, Lindt and even Tesco do their own 74% (at half the price too)

I eat it and bake with it

mmmmm
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    To make things a lifestyle change, one must incorporate things into their lives that they know that they will realistically not live without.

For me that means I eat at IHop or Old Chicago once in a while.

If you try to deprive yourself of these things totally you will simply fail. It's also pointless to torture oneself. The key is portion size, restraint, and keeping the exercise levels high.

Sloth and gluttony go hand in hand when it comes to obesity. Remove them and over indulgance, not the things you enjoy altogether.
  • reebug1226
    Options
    I agree with you on the butter, I think it is better for you than eating margerine. Chocolate....I can take it or leave it.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Cheese. I refuse to give up cheese. I will always make room for it in my diet. Heck, I became lactose intolerant a couple years ago, and that hasn't diminished my love of cheese in the slightest.

Second runner up would probably be chocolate. But I eat the cheap stuff, and I can go a while without it if I have to. But I would never want to go FOREVER without it. I will always make room for it in my diet as well.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In my life, I do whatever I want and never compromise on anything - ever.
    I just don't.
    Why should I compromise? Other people do all the compromising in my little piece of planet Earth.

When it comes to food, I eat anything and everything so long as it fits within my daily calorie goal.
    I value being fit more than I desire certain treats, so I do not see that as a compromise. Today I went to McDonald's and ate the Big Breakfast with 2 extra orders of hash browns - TAKE THAT FOOD NAZI's

I guess it's easier for me to answer on the few things I would compromise, but I just can't think of anything except that I usually only drive 20 or 30 miles over the speed limit. That's the best I can do.

I love living life totally on my own terms, and that includes how I got results reaching my fitness goals.

All Is Possible!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree with the butter. We have only had real butter in our house for years. But I agree, I won't tell myself anything is off limits. However cutting back on my beer and wine can really help with the calorie count. LOL!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    French's French fried onions. I have to put them on my salad or my green beans I will not go without, love them!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm still a cheesaholic - and now if I eat it, I eat the good stuff. I will splurge for the cabot cheddar over kraft, etc... Why waste calories on crappy food?

I'm from VT, so I love all VT products (like real maple syrup, Cabot products, Ben and Jerry's, etc). I was lucky enough to find sharp Cabot cheddar here when I moved, so I always buy that (it's what I ate back home!). My boyfriend (who does not live with me and does not buy my groceries) doesn't understand what makes Cabot special. "You should just get the cheapest one. Isn't it just like any other cheese?"

No.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    coffee, although I have not been drinking much as of late.

BREAD. BREAD. BREAD