Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Replies

• Chips, it's the hardest thing for me to control portions on but I love them.
    However now I buy sweet potato chips and measure out a portion on a scale, then I eat them very slowly.
    Tomorrow I'm making parsnip chips in the oven.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Wine - I love me some Pinot
  • Wine. Absolutely. I don't drink much, but I have a glass every day. I will have a glass in my hand on my deathbed.
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    def chocolate but I only eat the good stuff and most often dark chocolate.......only problem is when I eat it I EAT IT......by the pound
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Sushi-- I like the fried kind, with spicy cream sauces, and since I can never eat more than a piece or two of it before I'm full it's never been a problem. Actually going out to eat in general.

Most of the time when I eat out I try to order healthier options, especially if it's fast food. But if I'm out with my husband and it's a special occasion I get what I want.
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Honesty is the only thing I can't live without.
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281 Member
    I don't set myself to any one thing I can't have. Just moderation.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Pizza and wine. I have learned to work the calories in.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Pretty much everything, but especially pizza. I didn't want any foods to be off limits. And I found they don't have to be. Yay! :smile:

This!!! Maybe not so much pizza for my but just food in general doesn't have to be off limits. Just in moderation!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Wine

I am right with you!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Food and drink wise there are two things that I absolutely refuse to compromise on.

1. Chocolate. I am a true chocoholic. I pay extortionate amounts of money on fine chocolate and never eat that milk, sugar and fat laden rubbish that litters the shelves of nearly every shop you walk into. This for me means that I would never gorge myself on chocolate and instead nibble on a chocolate or two everyday. I add it to my calorie intake so I'm not cheating myself. Refuse to change this habit.

2. Butter - Wild horses would not drag me away from eating real butter. Sometimes I buy it. Sometimes I make it myself. I don't eat it every day but I certainly eat it when I want it. Again, if I do eat it, I weight it and count it. There isn't a person on this earth who could get me to eat low fat spread. Low fat spread isn't food - it's the result of a chemistry experiment...yuk!

What's yours if you have any?

I don't really like chocolate.........

But I would say you are a woman after my own heart with #2............

I love raw, grass fed pasture butter. I sometimes make it myself and other times I buy Kerry Gold pasture butter. It tastes really good with my other refuse to compromise food, coffee. So rich and creamy.

Coffee has to be organic, dark roast and fair trade and made with filtered water.
  • Mmmmm.... A nice glass of Pinot Noir and some Green & Black's 70-80% Dark Chocolate. Usually my late night/evening snack... Nothing is really off limits, but I do eat more healthy now, and some of the crappy foods just aren't as good. If I want Ice Cream, it's usually a Magnum bar. Mmmm.... that's what I had at lunch! I took one bite of a snickers the other day and had to throw it out it wasn't very good!
  • hazelnut creamer for my coffee. I usually use FF.
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    I don't limit myself to what I can eat. If I want a piece of cake at a party? I'll eat it. Just has to be worked into my calories for the day! I think that's the only way to really keep a lifestyle going....not depriving yourself. I've done so many diets (Atkins, South Beach, etc) that were so limiting, and great for getting weight off quickly, but not keeping it off, as I would cave and then binge, because I was so limited.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Butter!!!
  • Pretty much everything, but especially pizza. I didn't want any foods to be off limits. And I found they don't have to be. Yay! :smile:

^^^^YES! Agree completely. Food should not be off limits, and she's correct, it doesn't have to be! I still love my pizza, cheese, pasta and beer :) Haha, I swear I eat healthy most days!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Booze. If I'm gonna drink I'm gonna drink what I want. No light beers or "skinny" whatever drinks haha. Now that I'm about to graduate grad school I drink much less than I used to so when I do I don't worry about it.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I guess chocolate....I don't have it every day, but I wouldn't rule it out. I also get the Horizon chocolate milk individual cartons, and that's my after-workout recovery thing when I leave the gym and am on my way to work.

A year ago, I'd have said pizza as well, but after cutting it out for a long time, it really doesn't taste that good anymore, and bothers my stomach....same with a lot of other things like fried food and overly-sweet baked goods like cupcakes and such....

Not complaining though...I kinda like that my body rejects "bad" food..makes it easier to stick with eating healthier most of the time.
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    i want to keep out high sodium foods and high saturated fat foods. sodium has been my biggest problem, but it wasnt apparent to me until i joined MFP and logged everything and looked at it...before i was only logging total cals, protein, carbs, fat sugar and fiber...seeing my sodium...booo! ive cut quite a few things...basically a lot of things in a can or box from the grocery store lol...deli meats...basically...all things convenient end up sucking...which sucks! lol
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Eating/drinking out. It doesn't happen very often, but if I get invited out I refuse to say no and, when I am out, I refuse to ruin my friends/families nights by calorie counting!