Is there anything you absolutely refuse to compromise on?

Replies

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    My calorie buget, gaining weight
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Wine! I don't have it every night and i don't have to have a lot but when i have the extra 100-150 and I want a glass i enjoy it. A great unwind after a long day!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Chocolate. Alcohol. Mac & Cheese. Pizza.

I just watch my portions on all of those and keep it within my calorie limits :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Beer. I drink it regularly and love it blindly.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    S*x, Chocolate, and don't you EVER put any dairy product in my food, ever.

I don't consider the rest compromise.... it's being flexible.

[just as an FYI: if you cut out all dairy, including butter, for a few months, and then taste butter, you will discover that it tastes absolutely RANK. I used to churn my own d**ned butter, back in the day, but I won't touch it now]
  • Scotch on the drink front; something about a beautiful single malt that I just cannot pass up.

And my favourite duo, red wine and 85% dark chocolate. Nothing beats relaxing with a good book, and having these two marvellous creations as company.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    my health and fitness-there will be no compromise!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    olive oil
    wine
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    choclolate
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I only consume full fat dairy products, aside from the milk on my cereal -- that includes half and half, butter, real eggs, cheese, yogurt, ice cream etc. I dislike the taste of reduced fat dairy, so it's a waste of calories. I'll take a smaller portion and be satisfied.
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    chocolate. I bought some bags of halloween candy- only hersheys chocolate. The mini hersheys bars are 60 calories a piece- either 60 or 80 and one is all I eat andits a perfect compromise.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Butter! My mom, who raised me on real, whole foods, nearly disowned me once when she saw margarine in my fridge when I was in college. ("It wasn't mine, I swear!")

Also, I pay a pretty absurd amount for these amazing farm-raised eggs. The yolks are such a lovely rich orange color.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Fast food. I will continue to eat fast food and I am sure I eat it way more often than most people here would ever eat it. Still I am eating it so much less than ever before. If it will fit in my calories and I really want it I will eat it. If it won't fit in my calories I will exercise so it does fit. I have tried to lose weight too many times in the past and always failed, and always because I tried to not eat fast food. It just won't work for me. I love fast food!
  • questionablemethods
    just as an FYI: if you cut out all dairy, including butter, for a few months, and then taste butter, you will discover that it tastes absolutely RANK.
    I have and I agree with you. "Rank" is a synonym for "heavenly" right? :happy:
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    1. My mom's fresh peach pie (a.k.a., heaven on a plate, especially if it is still warm). I don't care if one slice is 2 million calories, I'll find a way to make it fit. She only makes it during the summer, and only when peaches are "on" so it's a once-a-year thing.

2. "Real" dairy. I have tried FF cream cheese, FF sour cream, FF shredded cheese, FF mayo........they all taste like plastic to me. I can handle reduced-fat dairy, but that FF stuff is just nasty.

3. Chocolate. I have one or two Hershey's kisses a day and that satisfies my chocolate craving.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Butter! My mom, who raised me on real, whole foods, nearly disowned me once when she saw margarine in my fridge when I was in college. ("It wasn't mine, I swear!")

Also, I pay a pretty absurd amount for these amazing farm-raised eggs. The yolks are such a lovely rich orange color.

I feel fortunate...............I get those same free range, pastured eggs with the orangish colored yolk. We only pay $2.25 per dozen and they are the best on eath.
  • I wouldn't really say compromise, but I cut back enough so I can still have these in my diet:

Pizza- this is a big one. When I first started, we had high calorie pizza and it would frustrate me to no end only eating two slices when I'd have free reign before. I found some 3 serving 300 calorie pizza and I'm in heaven.

Cheese steaks- I'm from Philly, so of course, gotta have this. I just went from having two to one. It is still expensive on calories, but I allow for it in my day when we are having them.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    S*x, Chocolate, and don't you EVER put any dairy product in my food, ever.

I don't consider the rest compromise.... it's being flexible.

[just as an FYI: if you cut out all dairy, including butter, for a few months, and then taste butter, you will discover that it tastes absolutely RANK. I used to churn my own d**ned butter, back in the day, but I won't touch it now]

Actually I have never been a dairy person until I went on low carb. I found a local raw dairy farm and purchased some raw cream and make whipped cream and butter and neither were rank, but they were absolutely gorgeous in taste.

I can't eat the stuff from the regular grocery unless it is grass fed butter (Kerry Gold for instance).
  • questionablemethods

I feel fortunate...............I get those same free range, pastured eggs with the orangish colored yolk. We only pay $2.25 per dozen and they are the best on eath.
    Lucky! San Francisco is a city of foodies and, until I make friends with someone with back yard chickens, I'm gonna pay up the nose for them. But they are SO GOOD.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Mayonnaise must be Best Foods. Or if you're across the Mississippi, Hellman's. Other Mayo does not cut it.

Now a jar of it may last me a year, because all I use it in is potato salad. Which I barely ever make.