What nice thing did someone say to you today?

Options
SassyCalyGirl
SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
Sometimes it is just nice to focus on the positive...........so what nice thing did someone say to YOU today?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My banker called and said he was working up the numbers on my real estate investment loan. Meaning they've approved it, even though he didn't say that directly, it was good news.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I was inspirational today! :blushing:
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was told by my lovely female friend that to cheer me up, she was going to hug me or else tackle me and tickle me until I felt better.

That's pretty nice ! :tongue:
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    I got told that someone thinks no matter what I keep on smiling, i have the encouragement, determination and focus and make others smile all the time... Oh and that I have ' beautiful ' eyes and ' amazing ' hair... It was nice to hear when I never believe it :p x
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    someone told me my eyes sparkle when I smile at them.
  • DominoFrost
    Options
    Someone who knows I've been trying to lose weight complimented me by telling me that I looked great without even being prompted. I don't know why but I value his opinion above a lot of other people's.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    and i quote:

"Girrlllllll Ms. C you have some bangin' hair!!"

i laughed so hard. the kid that said this to me is 6.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    After a rough day with my special needs son, someone told me I'm a great mom. It helped me keep going.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    My sweet friends at work keep saying "you are getting so skinny!" Very sweet, however skinny and me have never fit together! But I take it as they see my weight loss :)
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A counselor at school complimented me on my outstanding GPA, said she hadn't seen a 4.0 in a long time, and that I did it all while working too :smile:
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was complimented by two co-workers today. The first said to me "you're wasting away into nothing." or something to that effect. She has been very supportive and encouraging throughout this process. And the second complimented me on my hair. Both felt really good.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My son told me I'm the prettiest girl in the world. Made me smile.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    1. I was asked if I was still in college (been out a while) so it was nice.
    2. That was technique (sports related) looked rusty but that I was still on the ball.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Someone I see every once in a while at work stopped me and asked if I was losing weight because I look like I dropped a ton.
  • xTayen
    xTayen Posts: 4
    Options
    Everyone at work wished me all the best and told me I was such a bubbly bright person and a pleasure to be around! (Was my last day at work and all)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    In real life?
    Yeah I didn't hear anything nice..
    Ha. I never really do.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I work with a variety of doctors......
    (the ones I work with are rather conceited).....
    and one...during a procedure with a patient today commented that "I was right" regarding what I was handing him (granted I am always right with what I hand him because he never has to use any brainpower when I assist him because I think for him and give him every surgical instrument in the order bonehead needs it) so I took every opportunity to remind him that earlier in the week when we were working with his "superior" (his boss possibly sometimes weekend boyfriend, aka my boss, too) that he, too had indicated that what I had said during his procedure..."she is right" happened again!!! HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Told him....that ..... two DOCTORS this week that told me I WAS RIGHT!!! (he knew what I meant)
    It felt GOOOOOOD!
    In your face conceited dr's
    perhaps small to some ......but significant to me!
    YAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In real life?
    Yeah I didn't hear anything nice..
    Ha. I never really do.

Today is your day!

You are lovely!
    You take nice photographs.
    The world would not be the same without you in it. For real!!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    A co-worker who was a bit worked up came to see me because they "needed my calm" didn't know I had that affect. A neat super-power :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    well a coworker gave me some helpful advice "do more squats to help ur big butt"
    I guess..it was..helpful?